06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

40-50 000? I correct myself... it seems it is almost utterly disappointing.. It is 25 000

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/back-to-rockville/article86820582.html

thats a pretty low attendence yeah, whats up with Amerika? i'm pretty sure anywhere else in the world stadiums will be sold out

1 hour ago, Philipm787 said:

Slash is stealing the show in this reunion, big time. His return was clearly the main draw to fans, and personally I'm glad he's upstaging everyone else. Don't really care what Axl sounds like personally because Slash is the main man. GNR fans seeing Slash play the hits again is the #1 draw in this reunion, and instead of trying to cover for Axl's poor vocals, we should be heaping a shit tonne of praise on Slash.

Axl's poor vocals? One off night?

I like Slash, but this is lol moment.

Just now, WhazUp said:

Although "25,000 or so" seems like the writer of the review just pulled a number out of his ass lol.  Is there a boxscore number or anything official we can go on?  I haven't seen the numbers for any of the shows thus far and am curious now

you could see by looking at the pre show crowd pics that it is something closer to 25k...

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although "25,000 or so" seems like the writer of the review just pulled a number out of his ass lol.  Is there a boxscore number or anything official we can go on?  I haven't seen the numbers for any of the shows thus far and am curious now

Exactly. The #s don't matter to any of us. Spend some & see it. Or don't & watch free YouTube videos of it. 

• Like 1

God damn a show from what i have seen, rock on Axl and co. :headbang:

25 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

thats a pretty low attendence yeah, whats up with Amerika? i'm pretty sure anywhere else in the world stadiums will be sold out

Yes sir, had it been i Denmark, quite small country, it could easy be 200000 attendence, we love rock and roll :headbang:

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

What has it got to do with everything? Since you didn't understand, i'll repeat/rephrase: There are many hardcore fans including myself who have been dissecting, discussing and complaining about static setlists since 2002. But we're not complaining about it now because if there was ever a time for there to be a static, hit-based set to go around the world at least once, this is it!! 

Yes, it is very similar to the 2002 run in the exact multiple ways I said (i.e. in the need for a static, hits-based setlist). If you can't see that then you're frankly not very bright. 

I am sorry, but based on your replies, I do not believe that you should be the one here talking about who is the brightest. Though, this is not a discussion about who's got the biggest slong, so no need for any more insults, in the end I guess we are on the same page :) 

I just do not agree with you on this. Seeing that both the band, and Slash has been playing most of the songs for years. Of course they need to play the hits, we all understand that, but they can keep 15 songs steady, and still rotate on the rest without it being a problem for the band or the fans. 
They used to do that, and Slash has been doing the same. The show will be great no matter what, but I hope by the time they reach Pittsburgh they are starting to rotate a few of them.

No matter what they do, it will still be a great show for me, but it would be cool to get a few different songs from Pittsburgh to Philly :) 

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Really?! 

Ok, let me explain to you fuckers. Remember when Axl came out with the new band for the 2002 tour. He said very plainly at the time that the set would be fairly static for a while before they started adding a lot more new songs and deep cuts because it was important for people to get to know the new band and that after 9 years away that people would want to hear the classic stuff.

It's a fairly similar situation today in that there are tens of thousands of people either seeing Guns for the first time ever; for the first time ever with Slash and Duff; or for the first time in 23 years with Slash and Duff and that is the case all over the world, hence they are going to need to keep the set tailored to that audience for the first go-around the world. 

It's not rocket science! 

And a lot of you people complaining about the setlist have very low post counts and/or haven't been around here much over the past 14 years. There are those of us who have been loyal and seen Axl and everyone else live tens of times and heard all the classic material played to death. But we're not complaining about the sets because it's common sense and good business. 

Jesus, wait til the next tour and you'll all be whining that there's too many Chinese and new album songs. 

And btw, the UYI tour was IN SUPPORT OF TWO NEW FUCKING CDs. This tour is not!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Axl's poor vocals? One off night?

I like Slash, but this is lol moment.

Haven't seen any vids from tonight's show, have seen vids since Vegas, and although he's great in spots, I think Axl has been generally disappointing tbh. Whereas Slash is stealing the show after Axl had his moment in the sun with Acca Dacca. All is well for us non-Axlnutswingers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Stop lying to yourself. Axl sounds great in spots. What's the fucking use sounding great in spots then shite elsewhere? SCOM, RQ, NR, PC, Better and YCBM are all shite, on Axls part, for the majority of the tunes. Luckily for him, he has Slash there to cover that for him now.

How can you say such awful things? That is beyond me, we must enjoy it, and yes he might have a little hard with some songs, that i will give you. But he is still better than most rock singers in the world. Rock on Philip,787 :headbang: 

Edited by lassie

1 minute ago, Philipm787 said:

Haven't seen any vids from tonight's show, have seen vids since Vegas, and although he's great in spots, I think Axl has been generally disappointing tbh. Whereas Slash is stealing the show after Axl had his moment in the sun with Acca Dacca. All is well for us non-Axlnutswingers.

Damn right he is great in spots, even better than i/many had hoped for.

Just now, lassie said:

Who can you say such awful things? That is beyond me, we must enjoy it, and yes he might have a little hard with some songs, that i will give you. But he is still better than most rock singers in the world. Rock on Philip,787 :headbang: 

I'm enjoying the GNR reunion, it's cool to see the guys back together, and I will definitely go see a show. Still think Axl is letting the side down because his clear voice pretty much infuriates me. Rasp FTW.

3 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

When you're talkin to yourself, and nobody's home :headbang::axl:

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Really?! 

Ok, let me explain to you fuckers. Remember when Axl came out with the new band for the 2002 tour. He said very plainly at the time that the set would be fairly static for a while before they started adding a lot more new songs and deep cuts because it was important for people to get to know the new band and that after 9 years away that people would want to hear the classic stuff.

It's a fairly similar situation today in that there are tens of thousands of people either seeing Guns for the first time ever; for the first time ever with Slash and Duff; or for the first time in 23 years with Slash and Duff and that is the case all over the world, hence they are going to need to keep the set tailored to that audience for the first go-around the world. 

It's not rocket science! 

And a lot of you people complaining about the setlist have very low post counts and/or haven't been around here much over the past 14 years. There are those of us who have been loyal and seen Axl and everyone else live tens of times and heard all the classic material played to death. But we're not complaining about the sets because it's common sense and good business. 

Jesus, wait til the next tour and you'll all be whining that there's too many Chinese and new album songs. 

And btw, the UYI tour was IN SUPPORT OF TWO NEW FUCKING CDs. This tour is not!

Just because we are new here doesn't mean we haven't supported GN'R over the years, even if it meant supporting that hack 'dj ashba' and him ruining everything. 

Secondly , switching a song up here and there won't hurt anybody. No one is complaining about anything, but wanting to hear other songs from their wonderful catalogue. Furtermore, even if this tour isnt in support of 2 albums (who is to blame for that), they can change the setlist and bring in alternate songs, which isn't asking much. 

So instead of blowing things way out of proportion anddrawing assumptions try to refrain frombeing a keyboard warrior and giving an answer pertinent to the  question.

Edited by gooner14
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I think one thing we have to keep in mind is that artists like Pearl Jam are the exception, mostly every major artists will have a stagnant setlist that will have minor changes occasionally.  That is just how it is with big bands and GNR has always been that way as well

Yes but perhaps a new song like don't damn me or perfect crime won't hurt. Its not like I'm saying drop November rain or estranged etc. But slight rotation won't hurt because I really want to hear then sing songs like the aforementioned don't damn me, perfect crime, bad apples etc. Just throw the seeker out permanently. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

Wouldn't it be more profitable for the band to play more of their own songs? The amount they must pay in performance royalties for all the cover songs they do...

Uh...there are no royalties to be paid for playing a cover live unless they're going to release a live album. So much bitching in here for a show almost no one went to. Fuck. Are you guys ever happy about anything?

Edited by Stro