06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

2 hours ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

i miss anastasia 

I'd like to see more solo album and related band songs getting played, or at least noodled around with...  I think this will come later in the tour though..

https://youtu.be/5pWdY1sMj7g?t=20m29s

even a medley could work if done well, some fans may not pick all the tunes, but that's just reward for those that have stuck with them through all the fuckin' shit...

3 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Don't think so.. He's a great guy though.

Yeah.

When GN'R April Show, I kinda wish NuGN'R Ex Member could come to the show showing some respect, support or something. I thought DJ could come on Vegas show.

But seeing Tommy on this show, It shows Him tht He really love the Band or Axl, or Both

1 hour ago, lassie said:

Who can you say such awful things? That is beyond me, we must enjoy it, and yes he might have a little hard with some songs, that i will give you. But he is still better than most rock singers in the world. Rock on Philip,787 :headbang: 

I'm enjoying the GNR reunion, it's cool to see the guys back together, and I will definitely go see a show. Still think Axl is letting the side down because his clear voice pretty much infuriates me. Rasp FTW.

8 hours ago, Slashmatt98 said:

if they're not doing coma maybe they'll throw in a different song? One of the  alt. songs: Think About You, Perfect Crime, Slither 

Slither may be ready to go, meaning Frank and Richard have probably learned and rehearsed it, but there's a good chance that Axl hasn't taken time to learn or rehearse it with the band. He's been busy learning Touch Too Much and other ACDC classics. He can barely remember the lyrics to Civil War at times. I hope he learns it and they perform it here and there. It's a great song and would sound cool with Axl on it. 

• Like 2

Someone asked about Adler and Izzy - if I knew I would tell you.  It seems that izzy and Matt Sorum may have followed the rapper playbook and wrote a song that may be inflammatory toward their former bandmates.  I have no doubt that they are unhappy about how things went down. I don't know anybody who is close with Sorum but from reading his comments in the press, he seems hurt that he wasn't asked.  I've heard from a guy that I know that izzy was unhappy that he wasn't offered the opportunity to be involved on an equal level to Slash and Duff. I find it hard to believe that Izzy would have wanted to be fully invested and play all of the shows but I don't know izzy.  All I know is that he was offered something and he turned it down. The song is called FP Money. What's that mean? fucking Pussy Money? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Someone asked about Adler and Izzy - if I knew I would tell you.  It seems that izzy and Matt Sorum may have followed the rapper playbook and wrote a song that may be inflammatory toward their former bandmates.  I have no doubt that they are unhappy about how things went down. I don't know anybody who is close with Sorum but from reading his comments in the press, he seems hurt that he wasn't asked.  I've heard from a guy that I know that izzy was unhappy that he wasn't offered the opportunity to be involved on an equal level to Slash and Duff. I find it hard to believe that Izzy would have wanted to be fully invested and play all of the shows but I don't know izzy.  All I know is that he was offered something and he turned it down. The song is called FP Money. What's that mean? fucking Pussy Money? 

Matt said It stands for Fighter Pilots.

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 minute ago, DPR714 said:

Somewhere many pages ago someone posted that Jungle was way too fast. I thought, as a drummer, I would do a comparison just to see. I used a Periscope of the song from the Kansas city show and from some other shows. 

Kansas City (Avery Drury Periscope) ---124 BPM (Beats Per Minute) Ferrer on Drums

AFD CD ---123 BPM Adler on Drums

Paris '92-- 124 BPM Sorum on Drums

Ritz NY-- 130 BPM Adler on Drums

'nuff said.

Jungle isn't the only fast song...but since you like comparing can you do that for paradise city?  

Does anyone know when tickmaster releases the weekly concert grosses? 25,000 seems very low for a stadium. That is not much better than an arena crowd. Have to think they were expecting 45-55k each night. Like it's been mentioned before , a little promotion would have been nice. Axl did more promoting with ACDC.

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Jungle isn't the only fast song...but since you like comparing can you do that for paradise city?  

I am just saying that playing LIVE is different than being in the studio.  I know that some bands will play songs faster live because is helps protect the singers voice. Not saying that is the case here but there are so many factors in a live show that are not issues sitting in a recording studio.  If you want it to sound like the CD... listen to the CD.

Paradise City- Main section

Kansas City 111 BPM- Ferrer Drums

AFD- 102 BPM Adler

Paris '92 -- 100 BPM Sorum

Ritz- 107 BPM-- Adler

Freddie Mercury Tribute-- 98 BPM Sorum

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DPR714 said:

I am just saying that playing LIVE is different than being in the studio.  I know that some bands will play songs faster live because is helps protect the singers voice. Not saying that is the case here but there are so many factors in a live show that are not issues sitting in a recording studio.  If you want it to sound like the CD... listen to the CD.

Paradise City- Main section

Kansas City 111 BPM- Ferrer Drums

AFD- 102 BPM Adler

Paris '92 -- 100 BPM Sorum

Ritz- 107 BPM-- Adler

Freddie Mercury Tribute-- 98 BPM Sorum

Dude relax...I totally get and understand all that.  I actually defended the tempo a bit last night.  But damn there are just some songs that feel terribly sped up.  And that's fine, except some songs lose their groove and bluesy appeal when that happens.  My opinion of course.   And forget the listening to the record statement.  That's just silly.

Edited by Gracii Guns
Edited for courtesy.

23 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

Somewhere many pages ago someone posted that Jungle was way too fast. I thought, as a drummer, I would do a comparison just to see. I used a Periscope of the song from the Kansas city show and from some other shows. 

Kansas City (Avery Drury Periscope) ---124 BPM (Beats Per Minute) Ferrer on Drums

AFD CD ---123 BPM Adler on Drums

Paris '92-- 124 BPM Sorum on Drums

Ritz NY-- 130 BPM Adler on Drums

'nuff said.

yup.  what happens with periscope is that there is actually a buffer that tries to catch up witht the signal, and that makes the songs sound faster for a period of time.

13 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

Does anyone know when tickmaster releases the weekly concert grosses? 25,000 seems very low for a stadium. That is not much better than an arena crowd. Have to think they were expecting 45-55k each night. Like it's been mentioned before , a little promotion would have been nice. Axl did more promoting with ACDC.

It is low for a stadium, but that's what happens when the entire upper level is closed off.  Look at how many seats are in that level in pics and start doing the math.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nelsontod said:

yup.  what happens with periscope is that there is actually a buffer that tries to catch up witht the signal, and that makes the songs sound faster for a period of time.

Ugh...I'm making the judgement on tempos based on what I saw in Vegas with my own damn eyes.   Maybe my brain is slow and buffering. 

5 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

What sort of crazy things happened on stage tonight?

axl said home fuck, messed up a touch on chinese, sang first half of rocket queen in a strange way, slash was flawless, periscope made the songs sound  fast, but they weren't, the new intro to better is massive, fortus over dressed

• Like 2