06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

12 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

Wouldn't it be more profitable for the band to play more of their own songs? The amount they must pay in performance royalties for all the cover songs they do...

That's not how royalties work the band don't pay royalties to play covers live.  Period.  

6 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

some of ya'll are crazy. I came back from the show fully expecting everyone to be as amazed as me and saw things like "feel bad for the KC people" or "glad that's not MY show" like stfu. I was there and it was phenomenal! 

The crowd was INSANE. Guys a row or two in front of me passing a joint back and forth, everyone on their feet the entire time, people high fiving each other after songs lol. Girls puking as we were walking out. You have to walk up this embankment to get back to the road and people were literally crawling up it on their hands and knees. TOTALLY felt like 90's era crowd. 

A couple of things:

- couple of guys sitting beside me said RQ was their favorite song of the night. Another guy, while leaving yelled "they sing The Who better than The Who!" All the GnR staples got massive roars when they'd start, SCOM probably the loudest. 

-Axl was super smiley last night. Someone was holding up a sign and he pointed at it and said "that's good". After Coma he goes "well that was festive". 

- Slash also pointed and smiled at someone in the audience during Seeker. He's more mellow on stage and it's super easy to get pics of him because of it lol. He also became more undressed as the night went on. 

- Duff has CRAZY stage presence! He's on the left, then the right, up the stairs, down the stairs. He plays with the crowd a lot, I can't tell you how many picks he goes through each concert. He sounded awesome, his background vocals really come through

When you're actually there, you're not paying as much attention to song tempo or a missed song lyric. You're just in the moment and on the most intense adrenaline high. I thought Axl sounded fine, he'd let out a scream and the crowd would go wild. ONLY "mistake" a heard was him blowing the whistle late on PC but even that was like something to registered for a split second and then I didn't think about it again until reading the comments here. I came out of it wanting to leave my life and just become a groupie, it was one of the best nights of my life. I probably looked like an idiot the entire time, I couldn't stop smiling. 

so yeah, I know it;s easy to sit at home and be like "mess up there...oh, missed a note there...." but everyone who went that I saw was like THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME"

Great post and excellent review. As long as the people such as yourself attending the show had a good time that's all that matters. It Is Irrelevant what a couple of wanna be vocal experts on a message board who argue with every post they come across because It makes them think they are more knowledgeable then the next person thinks. Glad you had a phenomenal time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

some of ya'll are crazy. I came back from the show fully expecting everyone to be as amazed as me and saw things like "feel bad for the KC people" or "glad that's not MY show" like stfu. I was there and it was phenomenal! 

The crowd was INSANE. Guys a row or two in front of me passing a joint back and forth, everyone on their feet the entire time, people high fiving each other after songs lol. Girls puking as we were walking out. You have to walk up this embankment to get back to the road and people were literally crawling up it on their hands and knees. TOTALLY felt like 90's era crowd. 

A couple of things:

- couple of guys sitting beside me said RQ was their favorite song of the night. Another guy, while leaving yelled "they sing The Who better than The Who!" All the GnR staples got massive roars when they'd start, SCOM probably the loudest. 

-Axl was super smiley last night. Someone was holding up a sign and he pointed at it and said "that's good". After Coma he goes "well that was festive". 

- Slash also pointed and smiled at someone in the audience during Seeker. He's more mellow on stage and it's super easy to get pics of him because of it lol. He also became more undressed as the night went on. 

- Duff has CRAZY stage presence! He's on the left, then the right, up the stairs, down the stairs. He plays with the crowd a lot, I can't tell you how many picks he goes through each concert. He sounded awesome, his background vocals really come through

When you're actually there, you're not paying as much attention to song tempo or a missed song lyric. You're just in the moment and on the most intense adrenaline high. I thought Axl sounded fine, he'd let out a scream and the crowd would go wild. ONLY "mistake" a heard was him blowing the whistle late on PC but even that was like something to registered for a split second and then I didn't think about it again until reading the comments here. I came out of it wanting to leave my life and just become a groupie, it was one of the best nights of my life. I probably looked like an idiot the entire time, I couldn't stop smiling. 

so yeah, I know it;s easy to sit at home and be like "mess up there...oh, missed a note there...." but everyone who went that I saw was like THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME"

Perfect Review.  A live show is an experience and you should enjoy it!

• Like 1

God, nobody is saying Axl is done, or Axl is shite. He is back in the big leagues, making obscene money, fronting both of the biggest rock bands in the world and being pretty much buried by rave reviews and praise week after week since april. I think he can live with some fans saying that he wasn't as strong as before in a few songs at Kansas City.

Axl's voice has been very inconsistent trough his career. In 2011, after a great tour, he had a "day off". It ended up lasting five fucking years - truthfully, it never went away: as good as he sounds in 2016, he never recovered to 2010 levels and never will. It's understandable that his fans become worried whenever his voice falters, even if a little bit, as it did on RQ yesterday.

Anyway, the only thing that would end the "AXl's voice" eternal debate is a massive return to 93/06/10 form. That will not happen, at least not with GNR (AC/DC sounds godly though). It is what is, no need for a sandy vagina pandemic whenever someone doesn't like how Axl sounds.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

A couple of things:

Amazing, thank you! It's the same with acdc. I was at the Prague show and was completely blown away, excited and couldn't wait to share the great experience with the people here. Then I read the negative comments and posts like "he missed a note, the axldc and reunion is going to be a disaster then" etc.... It really made me sad. 

It's fucking rock'n'roll baby, not a footbal match where you analyze every single move and action :facepalm:

I'm glad that you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. I'm waiting for the European tour :headbang:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

SIAP, but this review from the KC Star is certainly not negative....

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/back-to-rockville/article86820582.html

Very good review but I have to wonder how the writer came to the conclusion that there were only around 25,000 people In attendance. The stadium looked full other than the upper deck.

1 hour ago, Mandy123 said:

A couple of things:

Nice!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

A couple of things:

I'm glad it was a great time. From what we were seeing it was sub-par compared to the last few shows. Including comments from @EddieMoney who was actually at the show comparing it to RIR.

Looks like today we are seeing a lot of fans that were there chiming in saying it was awesome and that's a great thing.

57 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

A couple of things:

What section were you in? I was in 135 and all I could smell was weed. lol 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sounds like a delightful evening?

I call that.....opportunity :)

Oh come on you sick fucks, not what your thinking.  Opportunity to be a gentleman and a nice guy and hold their hair for them (so it's not in the line of fire) while they are yakking their brains out.  And then making sure they have safe passage to their destination.

Edited by tsinindy

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I call that.....opportunity :)

Oh come on you sick fucks, not what your thinking.  Opportunity to be a gentleman and a nice guy and hold their hair for them (so it's not in the line of fire) while they are yakking their brains out.  And then making sure they have safe passage to their destination.

Your post makes certain lyrics from "Anything Goes" come to mind.   

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

what are these called? :awesomeface:

(sorry, me not american)

I will answer you politely before you get torn apart :)

Those are football jerseys.  Not real futbol or soccer as we call it, but over-rated American football (notice I am deflecting the ire of the crowd from you to me :)

• Like 1

You know it's pretty amazing to be able to see guns together again. As far as the shows underselling due to lack of market, I guess the generally positive reviews and the performances will. Speak for themselves and the sales will pick up in due time. 

My only complaint is the lack of song rotation, I really want to listen to don't damn me, perfect crime, bad apples etc live. That would be the perfect cherry on top. 

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

what are these called? :awesomeface:

(sorry, me not american)

I am not American either. I kinda think they are called football jerseys. 

They are the jerseys of the team which plays in Arrowhead Stadium - they are called the Chiefs iirc...(never heard of them before until today ;)). The Americans of the site can give us some insight. ??