06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

7 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Chinese Democracy! haha he mistakes a little and corrects himself inmediatly at 1:34 and you've gotta love how Slash plays that intro!

Even with Axl's small lyrics mishap during the first chorus this is a GREAT fucking performance of CD! Jesus!  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DIST said:

Fun fact: footage of the helmet -cam on the DEAD HORSE video was filmed at this stadium in 1992.

where did you find that info? I was always wondering how was that filmed? I mean there were no GoPro's back then... is there any other footage regarding that?

9 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Anyone know how hot it was? Slash looks like he's sweating. Must have been hard to play; still nails it though. 

It wasn't that hot- in the 80s, which is not bad for KC this time of year. It was humid though. They were sweating like whores in church! Slash was absolutely drenched. One time I saw sweat running in a stream off Axl's elbow when he was holding his mic up. 

51 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

It wasn't that hot- in the 80s, which is not bad for KC this time of year. It was humid though. They were sweating like whores in church! Slash was absolutely drenched. One time I saw sweat running in a stream off Axl's elbow when he was holding his mic up. 

Some people don't understand the humidity we get here in the Midwest.  It can bra lovely 77 degrees, but you step outside for a smoke and you just sweat from the humidity without even moving.  Plus these guys have all these stage lights and spotlights and all to deal with, so it's very easy to see how they can work up a sweat on a night where the temps seem reasonable but the humidity is off the charts.  It sucks the life out of you (and not in a good way)!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Because.. 'Murika! 

But seriously, 25 year anniversary of the St Louis Riot show is this weekend and if you recall all the way back to then, Axl stage dived straight into seats, right?

Seems like it's a very American sort of thing to do for concerts, no matter the genre

11 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Clearly the worst show of this leg of the tour so far. I mean, what's Kansas City anyway? Heardly even heard of that place. No wonder the crowd was smaller. Just an off night. Sure they're gearing up for Chicago and anther dvd, bluray, uhd.

Worst show? From what i have seen it was great, and they seem happy together

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

where did you find that info? I was always wondering how was that filmed? I mean there were no GoPro's back then... is there any other footage regarding that?

First song. 

Scooooooby dooooooby dooo!

A couple cool moments for me that I'll never forget:

-I had an incredible view of Axl when he got out on that catwalk. He was out there and facing right toward me when he sang the crazy end of Coma. Just the coolest fuckin thing. Incredible.

-I was on Slash's side, and had a great view of him all night too. One solo in particular (DTJ I think), he was looking toward me, and the spotlight was blazing down on him, bouncing off his shades and it seemed like reflecting right into my eyes. I knew I was really, really baked at that moment... Haha. So awesome.

(These photos are not of those moments)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PITBOSS said:

I'm glad it was a great time. From what we were seeing it was sub-par compared to the last few shows. Including comments from @EddieMoney who was actually at the show comparing it to RIR.

Looks like today we are seeing a lot of fans that were there chiming in saying it was awesome and that's a great thing.

Any comparison between this show and rir is crazy. Band are on form, and sounds really good.

16 hours ago, grogmug said:

I appreciate that. I was curious if anyone noticed the security taking them away at the gate or anything. I guess it's going to be hard to wrap a large banner around me.

The sign said Axl mentioned said "Axl will you marry me? P.S. I'm only 18" He got a laugh at of it. He smiled and waved when he saw it.  Shortly thereafter security confiscated it so I don't think they're allowing signs at the shows at least not at this one.

Edited by WHENEVER

16 hours ago, chester said:

Believe I seen ol' Jarmo out and about taking pictures, talked to the aforementioned Andrae and tried to get backstage, he was really cool but said something to the effect of "No guys are going back for the first few shows." haha

:no:

so why havent we seen pictures of the afterparties yet?

Where those girls sucked up into a void? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:no:

so why havent we seen pictures of the afterparties yet?

Where those girls sucked up into a void? lol

Who knows...but I would imagine at least a few of them may have been doing the "walk of shame" the next morning. Lmao.