06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

Just now, pugachev said:

I see this all over the internet, as if Frank just decides to start playing at whatever speed he feels like. A bit silly. Band decision and I dont know why. More songs?

No idea really. But today it was clear that it afffects Axl's room for breathing and performance.

40 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

i wonder if Axl and the gang knew Tommy was there since he was just roaming the seated area... 

come to think of it, i wonder if Tommy knew he was there

maybe Axl got him the tickets.

8 minutes ago, parisrocks said:

When Axl points and smiles at the end of Chinese Democracy from center stage, it's at my son, River, who is holding up a sign that says "Even With An Iron Fist"! Best night of his life!

So they let you take signs/banners in?!! Nice job!

45 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

You missed it.

I'll have to check it out tomorrow then. It must have been when my browser crashed and I was sent forth into the Great Periscope Hunt.  I didn't think I took a full song length to get it back up and running, but that is the only way I can think of that I could have missed it.

I just got back home, I will probably write a full review tomorrow. But in brief I would like to say to anyone who is still on the fence about this tour: tonight's show was worth every cent, you will not be disappointed. 

Also someone earlier mentioned that Axl sounds better live and that the phones do not do his voice justice and I have to say that is absolutely correct. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheesecake said:

To be honest when I first heard it in the 90s I didn't even know it was a Bob Dylan song (not that I know his songs) until years later. :lol: 

(okay start facepalming me LOL) 

Me, too. Its because GnR didn't just cover the song...its like hendrixs all along the watchtower. they invented it and made it their own. One of the best "covers" in music history.

2 hours ago, ironmt said:

Always loved the song and the way It was performed at the Ritz In 88 and on the UYI tour but I cannot get Into the way they are performing It now.

KOHD and PC are really annoying on this tour. I miss the UYI vibe in these songs. Even Gilby knows how to play it the right way... 

Frank sets the tempo om f.ex. Rocket Queen, while Slash sets the tempo on f.ex. SCOM. 

Playing songs faster live is very normal, due to energy/adrenaline levels etc. 

To people on here thinking they have "decided" to play faster: that's not the case.