06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

15 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Dude relax...I totally get and understand all that.  I actually defended the tempo a bit last night.  But damn there are just some songs that feel terribly sped up.  And that's fine, except some songs lose their groove and bluesy appeal when that happens.  My opinion of course.   And shove the listening to the record statement up your ass.  That's just silly.

Listen to 3:00- 3:50 "Dude."

... and I am relaxed thanks.  Have a good day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maxpax said:

Me, too. Its because GnR didn't just cover the song...its like hendrixs all along the watchtower. they invented it and made it their own. One of the best "covers" in music history.

KOHD and PC are really annoying on this tour. I miss the UYI vibe in these songs. Even Gilby knows how to play it the right way... 

yeah, they really need to do KOHD UYI style again. 

And why is Axl blowing the whistle twice on Paradise City?  It should only be blown once, right? "lookout!" and whistle don't go in the same spot! Cmon Axl! watch your video...

1 hour ago, Vissud said:

I was at the KC show and all I can say is, the negative comments here do not match what I saw.  Yes, there were some sound mix issues here and there, but from where I stood, Row 8 from the stage, they sounded tight and everything was a lot of fun.  Guy sitting next to me, his last Guns show was the St. Louis riot show, and he was blown away.  Heard that a lot as I walked out.  People blown away at how good it was.

Do you think that the low turnout was partially due to the riot years ago?

Just now, Lancelot said:

Do you think that the low turnout was partially due to the riot years ago?

I don't know what you mean by low turnout.   When I would turn around during the show, it looked like every seat available was full.

1 hour ago, DPR714 said:

Somewhere many pages ago someone posted that Jungle was way too fast. I thought, as a drummer, I would do a comparison just to see. I used a Periscope of the song from the Kansas city show and from some other shows. 

Kansas City (Avery Drury Periscope) ---124 BPM (Beats Per Minute) Ferrer on Drums

AFD CD ---123 BPM Adler on Drums

Paris '92-- 124 BPM Sorum on Drums

Ritz NY-- 130 BPM Adler on Drums

'nuff said.

The

2 hours ago, 77Jesters said:

I'd like to see more solo album and related band songs getting played, or at least noodled around with...  I think this will come later in the tour though..

https://youtu.be/5pWdY1sMj7g?t=20m29s

even a medley could work if done well, some fans may not pick all the tunes, but that's just reward for those that have stuck with them through all the fuckin' shit...

Not gonna happen... - besides Slither - we will not be seeing any Slash solo / related band's music with GNR. If anything we will see more deep cut Guns tunes played. 

1 hour ago, BuckinTN said:

Does anyone know when tickmaster releases the weekly concert grosses? 25,000 seems very low for a stadium. That is not much better than an arena crowd. Have to think they were expecting 45-55k each night. Like it's been mentioned before , a little promotion would have been nice. Axl did more promoting with ACDC.

To be fair, Kansas City is a pretty small city among "major" cities.

4 minutes ago, davhern said:

To be fair, Kansas City is a pretty small city among "major" cities.

I don't know where this 25,000 number is coming from.  The stadium was pretty packed and I haven't seen an official release.  I've been to world series games there (Kaufman is next door) with less traffic.   It looked closer to 50,000 when I was looking around.  If it really had only been 25000 I'm pretty sure empty sections would be obvious.

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Yeah.

When GN'R April Show, I kinda wish NuGN'R Ex Member could come to the show showing some respect, support or something. I thought DJ could come on Vegas show.

But seeing Tommy on this show, It shows Him tht He really love the Band or Axl, or Both

You know, they don't have to. This era has ended.. I think Ashba wasn't in Vegas at the time. Although he has shown his respect within his interviews.

Tommy on the other hand has a great relatioship with Axl until now. As far as I know..

I think that the ticketmaster maps we have been getting are wrong. The one for KC looked like the upper bowl was even sold out and it turns out they closed it off. Wonder how Chicago will look? First show was probably close to selling out. Wonder about Sunday.

Haha, gotta hand it to some of the comments in here, way to bring every one back down to earth if you were on a high so far!

Funny that there's yet to be a bad press review or negative comments from people out there actually attending these shows!

Go figure!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Slither may be ready to go, meaning Frank and Richard have probably learned and rehearsed it, but there's a good chance that Axl hasn't taken time to learn or rehearse it with the band. He's been busy learning Touch Too Much and other ACDC classics. He can barely remember the lyrics to Civil War at times. I hope he learns it and they perform it here and there. It's a great song and would sound cool with Axl on it. 

had enough of AC/DC i want Think About You! :headbang:

2 hours ago, nelsontod said:

axl said home fuck

when did he say this? i missed it :(

6 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Slash is stealing the show in this reunion, big time. His return was clearly the main draw to fans, and personally I'm glad he's upstaging everyone else. Don't really care what Axl sounds like personally because Slash is the main man. GNR fans seeing Slash play the hits again is the #1 draw in this reunion, and instead of trying to cover for Axl's poor vocals, we should be heaping a shit tonne of praise on Slash.

As a player, he's leveled up several times over the last few years, starting with VR's Libertad in 2007. I noticed then he started showing more dexterity and versatility in his leads from then onward.

These threads have become insufferable with nit-picky, "This player isn't doing what I want him to do, this song isn't perfect, I demand the GnR I KNOW AND LOVE AND THINK IS THE BEST" comments. Ya know, sometimes bands play a little faster when they're excited and having a good time. And nobody's f'n perfect.

Back on topic: The last two shows have been awesome. Like they're picking up steam and confidence. Great to see. The band sounds tighter than they did in Vegas, IMO. Axl still sounding great. If they can keep up this professional showmanship, they could actually play some other big national gigs!

Looking fwd to enjoying the show in person tomorrow night in Chicago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Un42nutzly said:

Not gonna happen... - besides Slither - we will not be seeing any Slash solo / related band's music with GNR. If anything we will see more deep cut Guns tunes played. 

Locomotive or Dead Horse would be sweet.

• Like 1