06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

3 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

some people in the pit did have some signs. Axl even commented on one of them. He said "that's good" and pointed to it and then said "just saw a sign that said "axl will you marry me, but only..." and then I couldn't understand the rest. I didn't see any in the seats, so not sure if people just snuck them in or not. 

I appreciate that. I was curious if anyone noticed the security taking them away at the gate or anything. I guess it's going to be hard to wrap a large banner around me.

Just now, colonizedmind said:

I know we post videos we like in here but are the media threads that were set up for the tour dead? The ones with individual songs and all videos for them?
Or is there somewhere else we can go for just videos from the shows? 

Organized by song....not show:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/368-2016-not-in-this-lifetime-media-song-list/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

How many get in the pit? 500? Why are they making the whole of the usual standing area seated? Is there a reason?
AC/DC was all standing!

Because.. 'Murika! 

But seriously, 25 year anniversary of the St Louis Riot show is this weekend and if you recall all the way back to then, Axl stage dived straight into seats, right?

Seems like it's a very American sort of thing to do for concerts, no matter the genre

8 hours ago, AFDFan8 said:

One more thing I forgot to put on my review.  At the end of the show Axl threw his microphone into the crowd.  It landed pretty close to me in Section C probably row 12 seat 2 or 3.  There was a dog pile of guys jumping in to get that microphone because it slipped through some guys hands and went to the floor.  Axl threw that thing pretty far into the crowd.  If you've got the chance to catch that thing you need to either catch it or get the fuck out of the way.  There were some girls in that area that got hurt.

I was in B, row 12. I took this pic of the melee for the mic. Not the best pic, but... Man, when that mic was in the air, I started  to head toward it, but the dude next to me wasn't looking and kind of blocked me, so I stayed put. Good thing, because yeah, it turned into quite a scrum.

image.jpeg

Just now, Lancelot said:

That's cool. I hear he is pretty good.

Sorry mods if this was against the rules.

I think we're good, we're just having some fun.  I was teasing about American football being over-rated.  I love american football (Go Colts), but I love soccer too!

3 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

some people in the pit did have some signs. Axl even commented on one of them. He said "that's good" and pointed to it and then said "just saw a sign that said "axl will you marry me, but only..." and then I couldn't understand the rest. I didn't see any in the seats, so not sure if people just snuck them in or not. 

The sign said 'Axl Will You Marry Me.... PS I'm 18'........Andrea swiftly came out and gave this young woman a backstage pass, haha. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I think we're good, we're just having some fun.  I was teasing about American football being over-rated.  I love american football (Go Colts), but I love soccer too!

I enjoy soccer. Played it from 11 yrs old all the way through high school. Was pretty good if I don't say so myself. 

Colts vs Texans is gonna be fun this year.

My little review of the show, I've seen GnR in 02,06,11, and 12 and I'd certainly put this show on par with the 2006 performance, certainly vocal wise anyways.

Got in line early and was able to get on the rail midway up the catwalk on Duff's side, awesome spot.

Axl, Slash, Duff were all have a great time and really digging the energy the crowd was putting off, you could see this as the guys bantered on stage.

There was a great spot where Axl was leaning on Richard while Slash was soloing and Axl points to Slash and says 'That guy's good.'

The show sounded great up front and everyone was super cool in the pit except one little man on a power trip who security swiftly took care of.

Believe I seen ol' Jarmo out and about taking pictures, talked to the aforementioned Andrae and tried to get backstage, he was really cool but said something to the effect of "No guys are going back for the first few shows." haha

I thought the band and Axl sounded amazing, I don't know what people heard or seen over periscope but all this bitching leaves me mystified. 

I'm going to be in Chicago tomorrow, but not in the pit, up in the nosebleeds, we'll see how it stacks up. :) 

Edited by chester
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, chester said:

The sign said 'Axl Will You Marry Me.... PS I'm 18'........Andrea swiftly came out and gave this young woman a backstage pass, haha. 

Oh my! You've just told women on this forum how to meet Axl.

Clearly the worst show of this leg of the tour so far. I mean, what's Kansas City anyway? Heardly even heard of that place. No wonder the crowd was smaller. Just an off night. Sure they're gearing up for Chicago and anther dvd, bluray, uhd.

Edited by AFGnR

10 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

Clearly the worst show of this leg of the tour so far. I mean, what's Kansas City anyway? Heardly even heard of that place. No wonder the crowd was smaller. Just an off night. Sure they're gearing up for Chicago and anther dvd, bluray, uhd.

Clearly.... LOL

7 hours ago, PITBOSS said:

I'm glad it was a great time. From what we were seeing it was sub-par compared to the last few shows. Including comments from @EddieMoney who was actually at the show comparing it to RIR.

Looks like today we are seeing a lot of fans that were there chiming in saying it was awesome and that's a great thing.

A lot of what I say is tongue and cheek. It just didn't sound as good as the ACDC videos I've been watching so I felt like getting on here while in the pee line to let you know of my disappointment at that point in time. Much of the show was great and I didn't think much about his voice being rough after a few beers.  I had planned on going to the Detroit concert but Mrs Money had our baby early so I had to cancel. We have family in Overland Park so we made this show work. I went to Mexico City and both Vegas shows and he sounded better at both of those to me. I do agree with you guys who say the band sounds much tighter than Vegas.  

Edited by Eddie Money
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

A lot of what I say is tongue and cheek. It just didn't sound as good as the ACDC videos I've been watching so I felt like getting on here while in the pee line to let you know of my disappointment at that point in time. Much of the show was great and I didn't think much about his voice being rough after a few beers.  I had planned on going to the Detroit concert but Mrs Money had our baby early so I had to cancel. We have family in Overland Park so we made this show work. I went to Mexico City and both Vegas shows and he sounded better at both of those to me. I do agree with you guys who say the band sounds much tighter than Vegas.  

Congrats to you and the Mrs!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Slash's usual guitar magic right here :D i think based on what i have seen on video's so far the band is really really into it this gig like all of them and i don't notice Axl having an off night vocal wise that much, i think they all really do a great job and own the shit out of it!

Anyone know how hot it was? Slash looks like he's sweating. Must have been hard to play; still nails it though. 

3 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

After the show your thoughts? Band was tighter but axl was weaker than the previous shows? Did you have fun at least?