07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

7 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

I don't think they could fit in a massive arena tour this year.

Come again?   Do the 3-4 stadiums and then a massive US arena tour.   Europe next summer then SA.   I'm no tour manager but....shoulda coulda woulda. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Original said:

Come again?   Do the 3-4 stadiums and then a massive US arena tour.   Europe next summer then SA.   I'm no tour manager but....shoulda coulda woulda. 

Yup, got to think an arena tour would have sold out most markets. I know the other argument is that even 25k in KC is more than most arenas. However, stadium tours are more expensive and looks like an eye sore when the entire upper level is blocked off. I have tickets for ATL, who the hell knows how many seats are left with ticketmasters map. KCs map looked almost sold out.

8 minutes ago, Original said:

I agree. Although I'm shocked the demand isn't higher. I logged on for a presale the second they went on sale for philly. Initially it seemed liked the tickets were going fast, but I check regularly and there have been batches of seats released periodically. You can buy tickets anywhere you want right now and the show is in 2 weeks. I thought for sure it would sell out. Philadelphia is a great city for entertainment, a huge market, and events always sell well. 

23 minutes ago, Original said:

And how long would this massive arena tour take? You know Axl has the AC/DC thing coming up.

By the way I agree with you on the concept, just not this year.

Edited by Lancelot

37 minutes ago, Original said:

I said it before- should have been Chicago (one night), Dallas (one night) and Met Life (2 nights) as far as stadiums. Then massive arena tour.  

That would be really massive...

Take the Kansas City show, they would've filled two arenas with that attendance (if it's in the 25-30,000 range). An arena typically takes 14-15,000 for end-stage. Detroit and DC would have been three nights each. That would then be well over 60 arena shows for a whole tour (to accommodate the same amount of people as the current tour).

Even if there aren't many stadium sell-outs, stadiums was the right choice for this tour. Talking from an economical and amount of work –perspective of course.

7 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I agree. Although I'm shocked the demand isn't higher. I logged on for a presale the second they went on sale for philly. Initially it seemed liked the tickets were going fast, but I check regularly and there have been batches of seats released periodically. You can buy tickets anywhere you want right now and the show is in 2 weeks. I thought for sure it would sell out. Philadelphia is a great city for entertainment, a huge market, and events always sell well. 

I'm shocked about Philly as well. Even with the ticket prices I thought the Philly show would sell out by now.

Im staying at the Hyatt.  They have a free party from 4-8 there.  Its on Facebook.  Im from chicago and got a room here for the evening. I will be there from 3-5pm in my GNR vegas shirt with my wife and then headed to VIP checkin. If anyone has questions about chicago i will be checking tonight and tomorrow until about noon. Or shoot me a PM

Screenshot_20160630-211937.png

14 minutes ago, Spirit said:

That would be really massive...

Take the Kansas City show, they would've filled two arenas with that attendance (if it's in the 25-30,000 range). An arena typically takes 14-15,000 for end-stage. Detroit and DC would have been three nights each. That would then be well over 60 arena shows for a whole tour (to accommodate the same amount of people as the current tour).

Even if there aren't many stadium sell-outs, stadiums was the right choice for this tour. Talking from an economical and amount of work –perspective of course.

Agree mainly from the stand point of resting Axl's voice. Stadium = 30 shows, Arenas = 50 if they have to meet the demand for everyone who wants to go. The only mistake may have been some of the second nights, but stadiums were the way to go. 

Edited by KiernanProud

1 minute ago, preclose said:

Parking seems it might be a bit of a problem.  B5, row 1, seats 23-24 if we ever get there.  I could've had better seats but I went for that nighttrain pre-sale mess and I'm lucky to have gotten what I got. 

I have Paradise VIP and got A4 Row 8. You got good seats also man.   Wish i had a closer row but i will take it since i wont be in the PIT since i have my wife with me

18 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

I'm shocked about Philly as well. Even with the ticket prices I thought the Philly show would sell out by now.

I know this is the wrong thread for this conversation, but you nailed it with the prices. That's exactly why. Many of the cheap seats appear to be gone (unless TM is holding those back too). So you're left with the option of paying out the ass to sit in seats that are farther away compared to an arena show because of the stadium size. other than that, I can't explain it. 

2 minutes ago, Birk said:

I have Paradise VIP and got A4 Row 8. You got good seats also man.   Wish i had a closer row but i will take it since i wont be in the PIT since i have my wife with me

Yeah, they look to be decent.  I'm just worried about parking.  I have a 3 hour commute to the concert because I live in Aurora and my friend coming with me lives out west of Elgin and I'm the driver (and the one who bought the tix, and is giving to him at face value).  Man, I'm getting screwed, lol.  

1 minute ago, preclose said:

Yeah, they look to be decent.  I'm just worried about parking.  I have a 3 hour commute to the concert because I live in Aurora and my friend coming with me lives out west of Elgin and I'm the driver (and the one who bought the tix, and is giving to him at face value).  Man, I'm getting screwed, lol.  

Damn. Aurora is like 90 mins. Parking is going to be a bitch. I got a hotel and parking there at the Hyatt. Parking is going to be expensive also down there.

How does one go about getting their tickets upgraded?

Also a parking tip: the soldier field website sells parking to their official lots ahead of time. If you are planning on parking in an official lot on day of without prepaying, you may be sol.

15 minutes ago, SteveVH4 said:

How does one go about getting their tickets upgraded?

Also a parking tip: the soldier field website sells parking to their official lots ahead of time. If you are planning on parking in an official lot on day of without prepaying, you may be sol.

I'm with SteveVH4 on both questions he asked.  Can I get some better, unsold seats that match what I paid, and parking.  

On 6/27/2016 at 3:48 PM, olga said:

Alright, update time. The 106 tickets are now spoken for. The A6 tix are still up for grabs, and I am now selling at least the GA2. Face value. :)

Edit: Make that a GA1 that's for sale instead of a GA2. 

is your GA still available?

2 hours ago, preclose said:

You aren't getting screwed. It's gonna be a great show, maybe split the parking and you'll feel better. Seriously though hitting the show with a friend is worth the extra expense. Have fun and don't trip on how much it costs.

• Like 1

very excited for tomorrow! i'm in the 400 level, but i'm still psyched. dizzy was at the chicago music exchange today and slash is apparently looking to buy a handwired bluesbreaker that joe walsh used to own! if you're looking for a sighting, he was supposed to be there today, but i guess never showed up. 

i should say, my roommate works at CME and celebs usually schedule a time to go there. i guess tom petty was in shop last week, haha.