07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

4 minutes ago, froghat said:

Guys, is the show tonight expected to end at midnight? When did they finish in KC? 

Yep and yep.  They've gone on at 9:25 and finished right at midnight last three shows.  All those with an 8:00 start time for the opener.

One more thing to note in regards to transportation: If you decide to take Metra home from the show, they are holding the last trains until after 1am, due to the holiday weekend and all the stuff going on in the city. Before I prepaid the parking, I was thinking about taking the train, and the last one of the night was initially 11:40pm for my line (Union Pacific West Line). If you are taking the El, you are good to go all night, as per usual with their schedule. Can this day just end already? I am ready for GnR!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SEANAXL21 said:

These are the shirts they will be selling they also have them on thier website have fun gunners!!!!!!!!! Skyline Bullet Tee - Chicago

Those are weak. But i guess i will  have to buy one

1 minute ago, davhern said:

Should I wear my VR shirt from the 2004 tour or my bullet logo shirt tonight?

Well I would say Bullet Logo. But if you like challenges then wear a tshirt with Izzy and Matt on it LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danijel00 said:

don't be suprised if they also close the upper section on this show....

Izrezak.PNG

Btw, the floor section is a lot bigger then on the previous shows. Am i right?

Yeah, why would they close the upper deck off? Again, these maps must be wrong if they are doing that every show. The one pre KC looked full.

2 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

Yeah, why would they close the upper deck off? Again, these maps must be wrong if they are doing that every show. The one pre KC looked full.

If they have enough open seats in other areas they will close the upper deck and re-seat people with tix there in other areas.  For example at soldier tonight they may close the east or west top most deck but not both, if they can re-seat everyone with tix purchased there. Main reason is they do not have to staff those sections they close, this saving money.  

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If they have enough open seats in other areas they will close the upper deck and re-seat people with tix there in other areas.  For example at soldier tonight they may close the east or west top most deck but not both, if they can re-seat everyone with tix purchased there. Main reason is they do not have to staff those sections they close, this saving money.  

Your almost better to bet that it won't fill the upper bowl and buy the cheap tickets, then get routed to a better seat. 

12 minutes ago, gnrliveson0421 said:

Anyone know what hotel Axl Slash Duff are staying in

I would guess either the Hilton Towers on Michigan Ave or the Four Seasons. Maybe the Palmer House. Hard to tell, though. Ritz Carlton might be an option too. 

21 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

The thing with KC is, up until a few days before, they showed a ton of seats up there. Then after they apparently made the decision to close it (unbeknownst to anyone), the map only showed a very few up there. Apparently they still wanted to let people buy at that price level and relocate them.

Chicago 7/1 was supposedly sold out or close long ago, and that's why the 2nd show. I will be absolutely shocked if they close the upper deck tonight. Night 2 might be different.

1 minute ago, davhern said:

Pretty bummed about the weather...supposed to drop to the 50's tonight and with this show being right on the lake, it's probably going to feel a lot colder.  Thought this was 4th of July weekend, WTF?!

In how much time you will leave for the show?