07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

7 minutes ago, Stro said:

"We want Estranged!" Estranged becomes a staple of the set.

"We want Prostitute!" Prostitute is performed.

"We want Coma!" Coma becomes a staple of the set.

"We want Slash!" Slash returns to the band.

"That's it?" 

GNR fans.

I honestly think that some GNR fans just look for stuff not to be happy with lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pugachev said:

Ill bring it up again next show just for you then

Bring It up as much as you want, just be prepared to be disappointed. Maybe you should consider sending Axl an email asking him to change the timing of the whistle to appease you. Hey you never know, It might work.

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

Bring It up as much as you want, just be prepared to be disappointed. Maybe you should consider sending Axl an email asking him to change the timing of the whistle to appease you. Hey you never know, It might work.

It was a harmless little jab. The rest rest of my comments tonight have been nothing but praise. If it upsets you so much, there's an ignore function. Use it.

3 minutes ago, ironmt said:

It's mainly how Axl sings over one of the most iconic intro guitar sections of all time and ruins the start of the song. 

1 minute ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

I know what you meant by this, but it got me to thinking, is this also how bad things have gotten?  When sounding like vintage Axl for 2 lines of a song excites us?

No, it's gotten very very good actually. They're playing football stadiums, Axl sounds good, Duff and Slash are back, they're doing Coma and a bunch of other songs, etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

I know what you meant by this, but it got me to thinking, is this also how bad things have gotten?  When sounding like vintage Axl for 2 lines of a song excites us?

It is all the proof we need that people are lying to themselves when they say he is sounding great on this tour. 

"Out ta Get Me" is how he should be singing all the time. His voice should always have power and grit, even for the ballads.

Don't cry and Estranged used to have balls. I remember how he used to put his head down and belt the notes for the 2nd part of Estranged. Now his voice is so weak.

18 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's mainly how Axl sings over one of the most iconic intro guitar sections of all time and ruins the start of the song. 

I understand that and actually totally agree with you but when It gets to the point that the same exact topic Is discussed show after show by the same exact people and that topic Involves the blowing of a whistle that takes all of 3 seconds out of a two and a half hour show It makes you start to question that persons Intelligence level.

56 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:
1 hour ago, valengf said:

I dont understand how they do not get bored of the same exact setlist, everytime.

Slash and Duff haven't played this setlist in 23 years. I doubt they will get bored after 4 shows.  Axl on the other hand.

Nobody ever complains about Maiden or Metallica playing pretty much the same set night after night.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I understand that and actually totally agree with you but when It gets to the point that the same exact topic Is discussed show after show by the same exact people and that topic Involves the blowing of a whistle that takes all of 3 seconds out of a two and a half hour show It makes you start to question that persons Intelligence level.

I guess it's one of those things where we are trying to make a bigger deal out of it than it actually is bc we know it sounds better And hope our comments get noticed somehow...but I get your point it gets to the point where the complaining can ruin what is an amazing show. I'm just glad we are nitpicking about little things like this than major things like Axl coming on 3 hours late or whatever.

• Like 1

Alright I just got home from the show! I read through all the pages on this thread and it's just as I expected. The show was incredible! Axl killed it, slash killed it, duff killed it. The whole band was on point. Plus the crowd was amazing, the place was packed.

I will be writing a full review that ill post tomorrow! It was one of the best nights ever and I hope everyone enjoyed the show!

• Like 3

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I guess it's one of those things where we are trying to make a bigger deal out of it than it actually is bc we know it sounds better And hope our comments get noticed somehow...but I get your point it gets to the point where the complaining can ruin what is an amazing show. I'm just glad we are nitpicking about little things like this than major things like Axl coming on 3 hours late or whatever.

Excellent points, great post.

Just got to the car. Here's what I thought of the show

GOOD: 

-They went on 10 minutes early

-Axl communicated with the crowd a bit more

-Axl sounded great on a lot of songs, especially the last section of RQ

-Coma sounded really good 

-There was rasp where I wasn't expecting it

-Crowd was amazing

BAD: 

-Mickey was still out in some songs

-Axl sounded kinda quiet in the main mix, at times I had to really listen to make out the lyrics

-Slash's timing was off on a few songs (not that big of a deal) 

-The Seeker (I like the original song, but good God, play Locomotive or Perfect Crime) 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Pearl Jam sells out every show they play and their setlist is never similar to the previous one or next in any way....so what's your point again?

pearl jam has been a consistent fucking band essentially since they started, minus a few personnel swaps.

this is this band's first run of shows, of course they're keeping their cards close to their chest. outside a few songs that are frankly out of axl's range in 2016, they're killing it. had he put out more records / released more songs after TSI?, the stress on the vocals wouldn't be so difficult, because he would have started singing songs in his range in his 30s and 40s. he's singing songs from his early to mid 20s. do you really expect an insane performance daily from him? 

• Like 4