07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Not so sure about that.  Axl already said he had music he wanted to release and would be happy if Slash would be involved.  It's still very early in the "reunion" process.  "It's only the beginning".  Everything points to them touring for the next year, maybe more and eventually, if everything goes well with the tour, them getting along, etc...the next natural step would be new music.  And with the money they are making from this tour, they could even do it through their own label, without pressure from record labels, etc.

This.

7 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

He was only 48? Age has nothing to do with Axl's voice. The guy's vocals were at their weakest when he was 38 yrs old(2001-2002). Why do people keep bringing up age? Stop making excuses. I actually think he was capable of sounding good in 2001, but refused to sing well just like he is doing now. Had Axl got a chance to sing with ACDC in 2001, he would have sounded great. People don't lose their voice and then recover it, and then lose it , and then recover it. It doesn't happen. Axl's singing is intentional. Axl sounds great in 2010, and then a few months later sounds like absolute shit? Sings great with ACDC and then a few weeks later is struggling to belt out simple verses. I am sorry, but I am not buying it. 

Yeah I agree with you, I think exactly the same as you, he just dont care. But WHY ?! 

He was only 48? Age has nothing to do with Axl's voice. The guy's vocals were at their weakest when he was 38 yrs old(2001-2002). Why do people keep bringing up age? Stop making excuses. I actually think he was capable of sounding good in 2001, but refused to sing well just like he is doing now. Had Axl got a chance to sing with ACDC in 2001, he would have sounded great. People don't lose their voice and then recover it, and then lose it , and then recover it. It doesn't happen. Axl's singing is intentional. Axl sounds great in 2010, and then a few months later sounds like absolute shit? Sings great with ACDC and then a few weeks later is struggling to belt out simple verses. I am sorry, but I am not buying it. 

Did we see the same shows, i am sitting right now and seeing the concert with full surround sound, and damn he sounds great, and the band is tight.

• Like 1

Just now, lassie said:

Did we see the same shows, i am sitting right now and seeing the concert with full surround sound, and damn he sounds great, and the band is tight.

Sounds great on screams and low register. Not good on mid register, he sounds bad mid range 

2 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Yeah I agree with you, I think exactly the same as you, he just dont care. But WHY ?! 

What is going on? Are you trolling? He sounds great, and everybody i know says the same, now this shit must stop ffs!

Edited by lassie

8 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

What would the rationale be for intentionally singing poorly (not that I agree that his singing has been bad)?  Even if this is it and he's gonna go full time with AC/DC, what exactly would be the reason to do that - why would he intentionally want to make himself look bad?  No offense, but this argument is completely illogical, just plain dumb.

Just now, onurbayrak03 said:

We all fucking love Axl, but we cant hide that he doesnt sound as he used to no more...

Well nothing last forever

1 minute ago, bodine said:

What would the rationale be for intentionally singing poorly (not that I agree that his singing has been bad)?  Even if this is it and he's gonna go full time with AC/DC, what exactly would be the reason to do that - why would he intentionally want to make himself look bad?  No offense, but this argument is completely illogical, just plain dumb.

Yes i give you that, i have never heard something that far out. Axl will always do the best he can.

5 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Sounds great on screams and low register. Not good on mid register, he sounds bad mid range 

Yes we all know he has lost his middel voice a bit, but let us just be happy that the are back, atleast Slash and Duff, and the seem to have a great time. And many good things had been said about these shows.

15 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

The "why" will forever me a mystery. Why did the coolest frontman and baddest rocker on earth turn to such a dork and have such a drastic transformation to his image in less than 7 years( between 93'-00)? We will never know. Why did he think wearing oversized jerseys and having a hairdo like the predator would be a good idea? We will never know. Why did he think Chinese Democracy songs were good enough to put the GNR name on them? We will never know. Why did Axl replace Slash with a KFC bucket wearing, puppet speaking, Star Wars theme playing nerd? The guy's guitar playing didn't even fit with GNR. We will never know. I can go on and on. 

My only explanation is Axl lost his mind and has been on heavy meds for 20+ years.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

The "why" will forever me a mystery. Why did the coolest frontman and baddest rocker on earth turn to such a dork and have such a drastic transformation to his image in less than 7 years( between 93'-00)? We will never know. Why did he think wearing oversized jerseys and having a hairdo like the predator would be a good idea? We will never know. Why did he think Chinese Democracy songs were good enough to put the GNR name on them? We will never know. Why did Axl replace Slash with a KFC bucket wearing, puppet speaking, Star Wars theme playing nerd? The guy's guitar playing didn't even fit with GNR. We will never know. I can go on and on. 

My only explanation is Axl lost his mind and has been on heavy meds for 20+ years.

LOL, you might be on to something. At any rate those days are over.

2 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Oh god, the one on meds seems to be you. I have never heard something this insane, sure he has done some weird stuff, but maybe he thought he must evolve with the time. But to say it all is bad is just crazy, he looked and sounded awesome in 2006 and 2007 and even 2010, and and Chinese Democracy is quite a good album. 

And then again what he did between 1985 and 1993 few man can say them have done that, so you can complain until the world goes under, it does not matter one bit.

Long live Guns N Roses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lassie said:

Oh god, the one on meds seems to be you. I have never heard something this insane, sure he has done some weird stuff, but maybe he thought he must evolve with the time. But to say it all is bad is just crazy, he looked and sounded awesome in 2006 and 2007 and even 2010, and and Chinese Democracy is quite a good album. 

And then again what he did between 1985 and 1993 few man can say them have done that, so you can complain until the world goes under, it does not matter one bit.

Long live Guns N Roses.

Legends make trends, they don't copy crap. Evolve with the times? He evolved so much that when Chinese Democracy was released it was already dated.  

AFD is the timeless album.

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Legends make trends, they don't copy crap. Evolve with the times? He evolved so much that when Chinese Democracy was released it was already dated.  

AFD is the timeless album.

You seem to hate the man so much, strange you are here i must say.

20 minutes ago, lassie said:

You seem to hate the man so much, strange you are here i must say.

I don't hate the man. He is the greatest frontman to ever step on a stage. I am just honest about his performances. When people say things like " he sounds better than ever" that is the bigger insult. It diminishes his greatness in his prime. I also have to speak up when people say that ACDC songs are easier to sing, When you listen to Axl/DC you are hearing the Axl of 2010. These shows would be so much better if he sang like he did in 2010. They would sound much more powerful. 

I am going to see them on August 22. We'll see if I was right or wrong. I will be totally honest in my review. I hope I am proven wrong.

• Like 1