07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

12 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This whole idea that he lost his mid range voice is nothing but nonsense.  He still has a strong enough voice to sing these GNR songs and make them sound good. I don't remember what ACDC song it was, but I recall Axl ending one of them exactly like he ended the Don't Cry studio version song. Axl was doing a bunch of different things with is vocals for ACDC. 

It's 'Highway To Hell'. The ending to it it's just like the last verse of Don't Cry studio version.

Not all ACDC songs were back in black, thunderstruck and hells bells

Axl sang in every range and did it extremely well with ACDC. He hasn't lost his mid range he just doesn't sound like he's 28 anymore, but he did learn to sing in a new mid range that is way better than Mickey and what he did with gnr. 

Touch Too Much for example is a tough one, he struggled with it the first time but found his voice in Manchester when he was using more rasp which also happened to be closer to his mid range.

Sin City is sang miles away from back in black and yet he nails it. It just sounds so much stronger and sharp than when he sings in this range with gnr. Again this is in a mid range for him.

here at 2:20 we hear Axl's voice that he supposedly lost in the 90's and yet in 2010 he could still take it there. And again at 3:55 he just is in a different ball park, crazy vocals from a then 48 year old

I just refuse to believe Axl isn't capable of nailing every song after that ACDC stint. I don't think his voice isn't capable of pulling of certain songs, he's very capable. The only thing I can agree with is maybe he's saving his voice for the long term

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

As much as people don't like the Seeker, Axls movement on stage is similar to circa UYI tour on that song, which we don't see much anymore. I dig that.

And on another note, how awesome is it to hear Duffs backing vocals again!! Especially on stuff like Civil War.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Yeah I agree with you, I think exactly the same as you, he just dont care. But WHY ?! 

I don't see how people can watch these videos and say he doesn't care.  He's obviously putting a lot of effort into his performance.  He seems very happy...... elated actually. 

I'm sorry, but some of these criticisms are very silly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kira said:

I don't see how people can watch these videos and say he doesn't care.  He's obviously putting a lot of effort into his performance.  He seems very happy...... elated actually. 

I'm sorry, but some of these criticisms are very silly. 

True, some is just negative about many things.

I think this tour is a great success because the guys are older now and all the drugs and alcohol is behind them. They can play without all that shit hindering their minds and bodies.

It's all gravy now. GNR is a great rock and roll band and they know it. don't have to prove anything to anyone anymore.

They had hard times and came out the other side stronger than ever.

Can't wait to see my concert! Share this with my family and friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

here at 2:20 we hear Axl's voice that he supposedly lost in the 90's and yet in 2010 he could still take it there. And again at 3:55 he just is in a different ball park, crazy vocals from a then 48 year old

I just refuse to believe Axl isn't capable of nailing every song after that ACDC stint. I don't think his voice isn't capable of pulling of certain songs, he's very capable. The only thing I can agree with is maybe he's saving his voice for the long term

That's one of the best Dont Cry's ever. He was so mad when he sang it, lol, I think that's what made him sing like a God :lol:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

That's one of the best Dont Cry's ever. He was so mad when he sang it, lol, I think that's what made him sing like a God :lol:

2 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Goddamn, what an incredible, fantastic and flawless performance.  Axl just destroys the song from beginning to end.  Up there with 1991 versions of the song.

Shit, godawful guitar solo from Ashba, though.

I agree with you  this is the BEST dont cry, it sounds like  86 Roxy. 

5 hours ago, GNR3312 said:

Maybe too honest. "Four songs in, during "Welcome to the Jungle," as Rose moaned “Feel my, my, my, my serpentine,” his paunch made his slithering sidestep look less snakelike and more like the desperately seductive squirm of a mature stripper."

9 minutes ago, starbolt said:

Maybe too honest. "Four songs in, during "Welcome to the Jungle," as Rose moaned “Feel my, my, my, my serpentine,” his paunch made his slithering sidestep look less snakelike and more like the desperately seductive squirm of a mature stripper."

Hilarious but harsh. Axl's in pretty good shape. I'm half his age and have no doubt he'd outrun me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Goddamn, what an incredible, fantastic and flawless performance.  Axl just destroys the song from beginning to end.  Up there with 1991 versions of the song.

Shit, godawful guitar solo from Ashba, though.

Beaten out by this one IMO...The best Don't Cry since 1993 ...Especially 3.00 onwards! UNREAL

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Its fucking crazy how he sounded in 2010, just like 90's man... I wish he sound like this now

He didn't sound like that in every song in 2010 just like he doesn't sound like that in every song now.  I'm certain that when we look at the best performances of this tour by the time it ends, it will rival what Axl sounded like in 2010 and the band will be better than anything from the Nu Guns era.  They are just getting started.  Axl historically has gotten better as the tour progresses.  The band seems to get tighter with every show.  The "best of" from this tour will be historic...especially given the fact that they are all in their 50's now.

• Like 1