07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

10 hours ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Well you say he will never get his mid back again. But in 2001 era he had lost his mid range too, he couldnt sing the mid range parts. In 2006 he COULD sing mid parts, he sounded great, so maybe its not impossible to recover mid voice. Am I right ?

practice & repetition. Vocal cords are a muscle and need to be stretched. If he doesn't achieve this first he will surely blow out his voice if he forces the rasp the entire show. My guess is he will sound better singing gnr songs as the tour progresses. 

And since he is no longer sitting down or standing still it would behoove him to do some intense cardio lose some pounds. Otherwise sing sitting or standing in place like Pavarotti 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

He didn't sound like that in every song in 2010 just like he doesn't sound like that in every song now.  I'm certain that when we look at the best performances of this tour by the time it ends, it will rival what Axl sounded like in 2010 and the band will be better than anything from the Nu Guns era.  They are just getting started.  Axl historically has gotten better as the tour progresses.  The band seems to get tighter with every show.  The "best of" from this tour will be historic...especially given the fact that they are all in their 50's now.

I agree with the majority of what you are saying when It comes to Axl getting better as the tour progresses but he has his work cut out for him If he plans on getting anywhere close to his 2010 voice back.

I dunno man....I'm not trying to be a naysayer and I specifically didn't quote anyone, but to me....and this is me, those 2010 versions of NR and Don't Cry are both off pitch.  They sound OK if you are a rasp fan, but the notes he is singing are not on pitch at all.  Note all of them, but he goes off pitch quite a bit.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I dunno man....I'm not trying to be a naysayer and I specifically didn't quote anyone, but to me....and this is me, those 2010 versions of NR and Don't Cry are both off pitch.  They sound OK if you are a rasp fan, but the notes he is singing are not on pitch at all.  Note all of them, but he goes off pitch quite a bit.  

Very true. As you said they sound great If you enjoy rasp which personally, I do. If you are not Into the raspy voice his 2010 voice probably sounds pretty bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I don't care, he sounds BADASS!

Also 2010 sounded like classic Axl! I remember going to London 2010 and being absolutely blown away he stlll had THAT power!!  

Edited by colonizedmind

25 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I don't care, he sounds BADASS!

Also 2010 sounded like classic Axl! I remember going to London 2010 and being absolutely blown away he stlll had THAT power!!  

Yeah bro, rasp sounds like young Axl. And singing off pitch is not important i think, he sounds amazing with rasp 

31 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Yeah bro, rasp sounds like young Axl. And singing off pitch is not important i think, he sounds amazing with rasp 

Exactly, it's not like we're trading rasp for "perfect pitch" right now anyways! Axl was never about that!

The primal rasp on some (not all, i'm not a rasp whore) performances just makes them sooo much more powerful -

2010 was a classic year! 

On 7/2/2016 at 5:10 AM, bumblecool said:

Looking at this and the stupid american seats on the pit thing :facepalm:

f749e724-432f-58f1-8b0f-885bad5a0df6

I am really sick and tired of America being everyones door mat. I get it that our country has been one big pile of shit for the last 7 & a half years but theres still a ton to be proud of here so if you don't like America STAY in YOUR country and enjoy your death pits!. We go to shows to enjoy them not get trampled and/or sued for punching an idiot in front of us ruining the show. A pit is fine in a smaller venue but in a stadium thats located in one of the most dangerous cities in America I think I'll pass on the mass curb stomp.

Not everyone can live in such a depressing country where nothing goes right where all they have is music to cheer them up and so they cling the life out of the very artists they supposedly "support". 

My only complaint was the $10.50 beer... I spent $200 on beer and that was a little excessive, but you can't put a price on a good time, especially when that good time is GNR with Axl & Slash together for the first time in 23 years on stage. So unless Portugal & Brazil stadiums have cheaper beer at a venue like that, then brag about the cheap beer not the seating behind the pit!.

3 hours ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

I am really sick and tired of America being everyones door mat. I get it that our country has been one big pile of shit for the last 7 & a half years but theres still a ton to be proud of here so if you don't like America STAY in YOUR country and enjoy your death pits!. We go to shows to enjoy them not get trampled and/or sued for punching an idiot in front of us ruining the show. A pit is fine in a smaller venue but in a stadium thats located in one of the most dangerous cities in America I think I'll pass on the mass curb stomp.

Not everyone can live in such a depressing country where nothing goes right where all they have is music to cheer them up and so they cling the life out of the very artists they supposedly "support". 

My only complaint was the $10.50 beer... I spent $200 on beer and that was a little excessive, but you can't put a price on a good time, especially when that good time is GNR with Axl & Slash together for the first time in 23 years on stage. So unless Portugal & Brazil stadiums have cheaper beer at a venue like that, then brag about the cheap beer not the seating behind the pit!.

beer here costs 0.60$, and our country is amazing so what's your point? Come visit soon ;) Portugal.