07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

On June 9, 2016 at 9:13 PM, olga said:

I'll be there (and on the 3rd too). B-)

I just posted in the ticket swap thread, but figured I'd throw something in here for good measure. I'm looking to swap a GA ticket for the July 1st show. I've got 1 ticket in GA1 and 1 in GA2. Im hoping to get my tickets in the same section, so if someone is willing to trade their GA ticket for the opposite section, holla atcha girl.

Still looking to swap if anyone is interested. May I just point out that if you currently have a ticket in Pit 2, this is your chance to switch to Slash's side… fo free? I thought for sure one of y'all would be all over that. 

I also have 6 (:facepalm:) extra tickets to this show that I would like to sell. Got a little overzealous trying to get good seats on the day they went on sale. I am for sure selling a pair in A6 and 2 in 106. I've got a total of 4 in 106 that I'd like to sell, but if I can't find someone to switch a GA ticket with me, I'll be selling the GAs and keeping 2 in 106. Asking for what I paid for 'em - $275 each. If you or someone you know needs tix, please send them my way!

18 hours ago, froghat said:

Hey guys, going to my first Soldier Field show. Does it really cost 50 bucks to park? Geez, how are you guys getting to the show? Is there any cheaper parking? Need help! 

Public transportation is usually a good way to go. Or Uber/Lyft depending on how far away you'll be from the stadium. If you want to drive, I recommend the ParkWhiz app. They usually have plenty of parking options in the city at a cheaper price than what you'd get by just driving up to a lot. 

2 hours ago, froghat said:

olga, I found a parking spot on Wabash. Do alot of people walk on Wabash to Roosevelt to Soldier Field? I'm not gonna have to cross a big road or something crazy? LOL 

Yep, Roosevelt is probably the best way to get there. You'll have to cross Lake Shore Drive but there are crosswalks or an underpass you can use, and you'll most likely be surrounded by fellow Gunners as you make the trek over. B-)

Hi all,

This is my first post here on this forum, but I have been following this forum a lot this year, which has been a lot of fun!

I am considering flying from Europe to Chicago on Friday 1 July to watch at least the show on Sunday, but I might also watch the show on Friday. My plane is scheduled to arrive at 6:30pm at O'Hare and I was wondering whether that would still be early enough to watch Friday's show (not sure how long the waiting line is at O'Hare to enter the US and I will also need to drop my luggage at a hotel near Soldier Field). Does anyone know what time GNR is scheduled to go onstage? I have searched for that but could not find it.

Edited by JY2016

1 hour ago, JY2016 said:

Hi all,

This is my first post here on this forum, but I have been following this forum a lot this year, which has been a lot of fun!

I am considering flying from Europe to Chicago on Friday 1 July to watch at least the show on Sunday, but I might also watch the show on Friday. My plane is scheduled to arrive at 6:30pm at O'Hare and I was wondering whether that would still be early enough to watch Friday's show (not sure how long the waiting line is at O'Hare to enter the US and I will also need to drop my luggage at a hotel near Soldier Field). Does anyone know what time GNR is scheduled to go onstage? I have searched for that but could not find it.

Welcome! My guess is that your flight arrival would be just early enough for you to make it to the show. When I flew into O'Hare on an international flight last year, it didn't take long to get through customs, but I had to wait a while for my checked luggage. You should be out of there in about an hour tops. With the commute and stopping at your hotel, I would bet that you could be in Soldier Field by 9:30 at the latest. 

Tickets say that the show starts at 8. If AIC starts right at that time, Guns probably wouldn't go on til around 9:30 or 10 at the earliest. But we know they usually start later than that. :P So if you're cool with missing AIC, I say you should go for it! (And if you need tix, please consider buying my extra ones). Ha. 

3 hours ago, olga said:

Welcome! My guess is that your flight arrival would be just early enough for you to make it to the show. When I flew into O'Hare on an international flight last year, it didn't take long to get through customs, but I had to wait a while for my checked luggage. You should be out of there in about an hour tops. With the commute and stopping at your hotel, I would bet that you could be in Soldier Field by 9:30 at the latest. 

Tickets say that the show starts at 8. If AIC starts right at that time, Guns probably wouldn't go on til around 9:30 or 10 at the earliest. But we know they usually start later than that. :P So if you're cool with missing AIC, I say you should go for it! (And if you need tix, please consider buying my extra ones). Ha. 

Thanks Olga!

Hey Guys - I'm driving over from Detroit next weekend to see the Soldier Field show and thought I'd post my mis-step from the Detroit show here as a reminder for you guys...

A forewarning for fellow forum members attending future shows that I haven't seen posted in this thread yet.   The damn city specific tour t shirts were sold out (L, XL, XXL) before AiC even started their set.  And Yes, all 3(?) designs!  I wanted a Detroit skull & top hat tour shirt -- all they had left by the time AiC took the stage were S & M sizes (and we wasted prolly 25 minutes waiting in line at the main merch stand).  So, word to the wise -- if you want a city-specific tour shirt, plan on getting there very early before the show, or even better yet, the day before and buy it from the trailer parked outside.  This is probably my only disappointment of the night... and I walked the entire concourse hitting every merch stand trying to find the shirt -- no dice.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2016 at 2:07 PM, froghat said:

Does Soldier Field have a curfew? Trying to figure out how much parking time you need with Axl Rose? Impossible lol 

They started 2 minutes early in Detroit, so maybe he's turned over a new leaf?

On June 25, 2016 at 0:43 AM, GNR3312 said:

What's the best way to get back to downtown after the show? Wife is worried of walking back at midnight. 

Soldier Field really is downtown. There will be tons of people headed back into the city after the show, so you guys will be in good company. If your walk isn't far, I wouldn't worry too much. That area of the city is pretty safe. If you have to go further or just want peace of mind, you'll probably be able to catch a taxi or Uber from the show fairly easily. 

On June 19, 2016 at 8:28 PM, olga said:

Still looking to swap if anyone is interested. May I just point out that if you currently have a ticket in Pit 2, this is your chance to switch to Slash's side… fo free? I thought for sure one of y'all would be all over that. 

I also have 6 (:facepalm:) extra tickets to this show that I would like to sell. Got a little overzealous trying to get good seats on the day they went on sale. I am for sure selling a pair in A6 and 2 in 106. I've got a total of 4 in 106 that I'd like to sell, but if I can't find someone to switch a GA ticket with me, I'll be selling the GAs and keeping 2 in 106. Asking for what I paid for 'em - $275 each. If you or someone you know needs tix, please send them my way!

Alright, update time. The 106 tickets are now spoken for. The A6 tix are still up for grabs, and I am now selling at least the GA2. Face value. :)

Edit: Make that a GA1 that's for sale instead of a GA2. 

Edited by olga