07/06/16 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium (Steven Adler 2 Songs)

downzy

1 minute ago, Jeez said:

That's not even remotely the same, and you know that. But you get half a point for trying.

Matt played an important part on two of the biggest rock albums ever. Gilby was a fill-in who was lucky to appear on an "irrelevant" coveralbum..

Thanks... I feel so vindicated now. And it's pretty much the same, yup. Matt was a fill-in for Adler, Gilby was a fill-in for Izzy.

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Thanks... I feel so vindicated now. And it's pretty much the same, yup. Matt was a fill-in for Adler, Gilby was a fill-in for Izzy.

One wrote music with the band -> two albums with several rock classics.

The other was a tour member who never wrote a note with the group.

Yea, your logic makes perfect sense now.

Edited by Jeez
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I gotta hand it to Steven. Playing in front of a stadium crowd, in front of of those people, presumptively sober and pulling it off!

Why does everyone act like he couldn't make a sandwich. It's not like everyone else on that stage hasn't done drugs!

• Like 4

Does Slash use his Firebird for any song other than The Seeker? It just occurred to me that aside from Axl obviously liking to sing it, Slash might have some kind of deal with Gibson where he plays the Firebird at least once a night and gets *whatever the fuck he gets*. Might be why they keep it in the set. :shrugs:

3 minutes ago, Jeez said:

One wrote music with the band -> two albums with several rock classics.

The other was a tour member who never wrote a note with the group.

Yea, your logic makes perfect sense now.

Except neither one of them were original members. Matt didn't write Rocket Queen, or Jungle, or Brownstone, or Nightrain, or Paradise City, or Sweet Child, or even half the songs on the UYI albums, or the fucking YCBM intro.

3 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Why does everyone act like he couldn't make a sandwich. It's not like everyone else on that stage hasn't done drugs!

yeah, but the other guys haven't been on shows like Celebrity Rehab and Sober House, where they were filmed while heavily under the influence and looking ragged as hell.

Edited by HuskerTornado

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Does Slash use his Firebird for any song other than The Seeker? It just occurred to me that aside from Axl obviously liking to sing it, Slash might have some kind of deal with Gibson where he plays the Firebird at least once a night and gets *whatever the fuck he gets*. Might be why they keep it in the set. :shrugs:

Chinese Democracy I think

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Pretty sure Gibson would want Slash to use it for a better song if that were the case

7 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Maybe because he can barely speak?

Come on'! Stop acting like nothing happened there.

No it isn't dude, Matt recorded the goddam albums, gilby got hired for tour

Don't waste saliva.

These guys are something special.

Edited by Cughall'a