07/06/16 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium (Steven Adler 2 Songs)

downzy

56 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

Duff's been sober 20+ years and Slash 10+. Last I heard, Steven was still counting in months. Which is awesome for him and I hope this time is the one that sticks. But it's understandable that people are amazed/shocked that he's still got it. 

yea I know he still has it. Seen him live a dozen times since guns. Just not in front of all those people on one of the biggest nights of his life

Steven Adler. Wow. This reunion gets better and better! GN'R are gradually silencing their  doubters which is pretty awesome. I don't think it's hard to imagine some new material from them in due time now :D

Also I can't wait for some decent footage of the Adler performances 

1 hour ago, cremefraiche said:

To be completely fair, i think the reason steven often looked and seemed so fucked up was as a result of the stroke(s?). It's been more or less proven that celebrity rehab takes already sober people and literally asks them to recreate scenes as if they were still on drugs. Steven made the $30,000 deal to be on celeb rehab while still IN rehab, and only appeared on the show once he got sober.

No biggie though :)

Yes, those intro scenes at the beginning of the season premieres were often fake party footage.  However, I don't believe Steven doing heroin on Sober House was faked. 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8e6_1400512443

http://www.vh1.com/video/shows/sober-house/334779/steven-flips-out-on-will-jenn.jhtml

Understand that I'm just talking about why so many people think Steven cannot function in any way, not that I believe that. I've always rooted for him and was the only reason I watched those seasons of those shows.

Edited by HuskerTornado
  • Like 1

Adler's return makes my day. He wanted this so badly. I'm truly happy for him. Plus, he could not have been nicer when I had the pleasure of meeting him after one of the Adler's Appetite shows. Only one question remains...

Where's Izzy?

• Like 1

OMG I just watched it again!

Axl sounded so fucking great in both songs :drool: and he was running around too!! Slash was smiling big grin, Duff being the amazing supportive father he's always been, in front of Steven's kit making sure he didn't mess up :cry: and Steven, omg, his smile never left his face! It was like saying "I fucking made it!". Steven was all sparks and rainbows and unicorns!!!

He melted my sordid heart! :hug:

i.just.cant.even. :unsure:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gnrliveson0421 said:

Thank you for a great video!

So amazing to watch. It's truly touching to see how happy Steven was. Finally his dream came true! And I'm sure Axl, Slash and Duff are very happy about it too, after 26 years and all that's happened.

I don't think there's anything in the way of a true AFD reunion now anymore. And with that I mean a few shows where both Steven and Izzy turn up for a few songs.

This is sooooooooo fuckin awesome!  I am so happy for the fans and for Adler!

Oh, and, uh, incidentally…the feel of the band in those two songs sounds like the Guns I remember!!!

Fuckin badass!  Coolest thing ever.  And listen to Axl’s vocal performance on those two songs—sounds like I’ve been transported back in time a quarter of a century!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

This is sooooooooo fuckin awesome!  I am so happy for the fans and for Adler!

Oh, and, uh, incidentally…the feel of the band in those two songs sounds like the Guns I remember!!!

Fuckin badass!  Coolest thing ever.  And listen to Axl’s vocal performance on those two songs—sounds like I’ve been transported back in time a quarter of a century!

Now you can laugh at your friends that don't want to but tickets for this tour...lol. ;)

• Like 1

Slash took care of his buddy.. Adler was so damn happy, I am glad Slash was able to make this happen.... He fought hard for Adler to have his moment and he promised he would take care of him, and he did.  I hope we get Adler more and more throughout the tour.  So happy for the guys.  4 of the 5, AMAZING!!! Maybe in LA they do a couple tunes with the AFD 5.

• Like 4

Just a little trivia for this show: 

TECHNICALLY this is the first time GNR has played 9 of the 12 AFD songs live in one show since March 12th, 2012 at the House of Blues in West Hollywood CA. Guests at this show were Brain, and one Robin Finck. 

I say technically because the version of You're Crazy they play sounds sort of like the Lies version... 

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Now you can laugh at your friends that don't want to but tickets for this tour...lol. ;)

Actually, one of them buzzed me on FB messenger and woke me up--otherwise I wouldn't have even known!!!  I mean, I knew Adler was going to be there this summer, but was losin' a bit of faith!  The guy who buzzed me was the only one who I'd seen a Guns show back then who was interested in the reunion, so this just proves he is keeping tabs!  

• Like 1

To those saying that people didn't go that crazy when they mentioned his name, well they certainly were crazy for it afterwards. The crowd goes ballistic! Sure maybe some of the crowd didn't know him by name but they sure knew who he was after hearing him play!