07/06/16 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium (Steven Adler 2 Songs)

downzy

13 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Omfg, fan activity....my chances have just dropped to zero :rofl-lol: #women'sthreadforever

Nah. If you pop up a big pair of boobs and wear those short shorts there's no forum bs that will stop you (or stop them) :lol:

This is mainly about good luck + looks (that appeal to Axl and/or Andrei). The rest is accesory and excuses :P

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

From what she told somewhere else, it was her and other 4 girls who made it backstage.

As I said before, it all comes down to Andrei's decision or someone else who tells him who to pick. There are thousands of people there, I'm sure lots of good looking girls but they can't pick everybody so that's when I think LUCK plays a big role, but also it may be connections, fan activity in the official forum or other official GNR accounts and of course, looking as good as her!

Yeah luck for sure. I bet being in the Pit helps tremendously??? Lesson learned!  Still trying to figure out if that's what they meant by wearing your fanclub lanyard, "you never know who is watching"..means you could get to go backstage I'm assuming. I'll take notes for whatever the next show is that I get to go to!

4 minutes ago, bhrose87 said:

Yeah luck for sure. I bet being in the Pit helps tremendously??? Lesson learned!  Still trying to figure out if that's what they meant by wearing your fanclub lanyard, "you never know who is watching"..means you could get to go backstage I'm assuming. I'll take notes for whatever the next show is that I get to go to!

Yes, of course, the guys won't go to up to the nosebleed sections to look for a hot girl, lol. They want to do it as quick as possible.

I think the "wearing your lanyard" and "you never know who is watching" are two different t messages people have been putting together in the same sentence, just to justify some fantasy but it is not like that.

Nigthrain made it clear in one of their posts (or emails, don't remember) that they do encourage wearing the lanyard and Nigtrain gear to the shows but this is IN NO WAY entitles you getting backstage or even trying to get backstage by using that. They said the lanyard doesn't have any VIP power or validation for any special treatment, better seats, autographs or meeting a band member.

The other line they use it on Twitter and Facebook to run some sort of contest for upgrading people to better seats during the show. They ask you to tell them what's your location in the venue and if you're lucky they will go look for you and bring you to the pit. Just for the show. Not related to going backstage.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, of course, the guys won't go to up to the nosebleed sections to look for a hot girl, lol. They want to do it as quick as possible.

I think the "wearing your lanyard" and "you never know who is watching" are two different t messages people have been putting together in the same sentence, just to justify some fantasy but it is not like that.

Nigthrain made it clear in one of their posts (or emails, don't remember) that they do encourage wearing the lanyard and Nigtrain gear to the shows but this is IN NO WAY entitles you getting backstage or even trying to get backstage by using that. They said the lanyard doesn't have any VIP power or validation for any special treatment, better seats, autographs or meeting a band member.

The other line they use it on Twitter and Facebook to run some sort of contest for upgrading people to better seats during the show. They ask you to tell them what's your location in the venue and if you're lucky they will go look for you and bring you to the pit. Just for the show. Not related to going backstage.

Gotcha! I guess I happened to notice she had on the fan club lanyard too. I'm getting pit tickets next time lol.

I think you have to come in a package = be hot & attractive + showing a lot of flesh + tall + blond.

I think if Axl were to personally pick girls he would probably have picked you @bhrose87 as we can see a trend of him preferring brunettes but mostly it's that Andrei guy going around choosing who gets to go backstage and seems like he prefers blonds more :lol:

@killuridols next time when they go to Argentina, don't forget to get yourself a blond wig (if you're not blond already). ;) j/k okay... I know you won't go to that level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

I think you have to come in a package = be hot & attractive + showing a lot of flesh + tall + blond.

I think if Axl were to personally pick girls he would probably have picked you @bhrose87 as we can see a trend of him preferring brunettes but mostly it's that Andrei guy going around choosing who gets to go backstage and seems like he prefers blonds more :lol:

@killuridols next time when they go to Argentina, don't forget to get yourself a blond wig (if you're not blond already). ;) j/k okay... I know you won't go to that level.

hahaha, Im not blond and Im really suck at it :P

I know you're kidding but after reading how these girls get to meet Axl I'm kinda disappointed at the whole "system" and I don't feel like meeting him AT ALL under such circumstances.

He's my hero, idol, everything but I'm not THAT desperate to go play that game of having a guy "picking" me like I am some sort of meat in a display. It goes against my beliefs and my principles and I'm in a mental place right now where I'm more free than I've ever been, so I'm not submitting myself to that kind of judgement or men rules anymore (or as long as I can).

I rather go wait for him at the hotel or outside the stadium, get a picture or autograph and that's it. I don't need the humilliation, lol.

My favorite fan meeting is when people were outside the AC/DC rehearsal place in Portugal waiting for him and Axl came out, talked to the fans, took pictures and signed stuff. It all seemed natural, cool and not forced/arranged like the backstage stuff. That's my ideal of meeting him. Also the China Exchange gathering looked like an amazing place to be close to him. Too bad that thing ain't happening again, haha.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Albertr212 said:

Oh yeah it was amazing! To think I almost chose to go to the Chicago show instead of this one.

I've seen some pictures posted here of a girl who went backstage and met Steven and Axl.....well that girl was in the group right next to me!

Man I couldn't believe her luck. First there was a roadie (I think?) who during the start of the show just walked by and quickly slipped her the backstage pass. Don't know why she got one but seeing her Instagram page now I see that she is a big fan and has met them before but in the moment I thought it was because she was attractive and well that's what roadies do sometimes. She had a night rain pass on too but most of the people around me had it on with the shirt and they didn't get anything  

Then after My Michelle Steven threw one of his drum sticks right where we were standing. If he had thrown it alittle harder it would have landed right in my hands but sadly it didn't and it landed in the space in front of the stage behind the rail. So here comes the roadie and picks it up and gives it right to her. I just gave her a high five and told her if I could take a picture of her with it after the show and she said sure! So once the show ended and the lights came on I did. Now that I think about it I regret not taking a picture of just the stick as well haha damn....my adrenaline was just so high after seeing the show that I couldn't think straight. 

Here is the picture I took of her with it:

image.jpeg

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

No doubt about that man.

So I checked this Andrei guy, he seems to be from TB and usually hangs out with hot chicks and low profile "celebs". He seems like a playboy to me.

So well chances of going backstage seems very low and you just need luck. 

16 hours ago, cheesecake said:

I always wondered if Axl preferred brunettes. I like to think he does, lol.? But if Andrei (no idea who he is) is the one choosing the chicks then I'm screwed lol! I am short, brunette and have thicker thighs. Lol.

but I'm on the same page as killuridols... I don't want to meet Axl under typical "groupie" circumstances. I am just a true genuine fan of Axl & GNR. I just want the chance to meet him & them to let them know how much they and their music mean to me and the fact that GNR's music has gotten me through a lot of bad times in my life. And a lot of good ones! They're just the most important band to me and it would be nice to let them know. I could sit here and talk for hours about them to you guys because they mean that much to me.

1 hour ago, bhrose87 said:

I always wondered if Axl preferred brunettes. I like to think he does, lol.? But if Andrei (no idea who he is) is the one choosing the chicks then I'm screwed lol! I am short, brunette and have thicker thighs. Lol.

but I'm on the same page as killuridols... I don't want to meet Axl under typical "groupie" circumstances. I am just a true genuine fan of Axl & GNR. I just want the chance to meet him & them to let them know how much they and their music mean to me and the fact that GNR's music has gotten me through a lot of bad times in my life. And a lot of good ones! They're just the most important band to me and it would be nice to let them know. I could sit here and talk for hours about them to you guys because they mean that much to me.

lol

what you say is not really strange to my ears. I think most of us are fans of the band for more or less the same reasons. As a troubled teenager I too had to rely on their music to find a little peace of mind (and soul). I could talk years to you about it, lol.

I think you got lucky already. Your sign was spotted by them and there's an "official" picture of it uploaded to their website. That's A LOT, in m humble opinion. But if you feel you have to meet them, then you'll find your way to that.

Just don't stress to much over it if it doesn't happen sooner than later or if it ever happens. I used to think I wanted to do that too before but then I realized everybody wants to tell them the same thing and now I'm starting to think that I should get more original if I really want to make an impression on them, because after all, I think that by going to their shows and buying their music and supporting them like we do here, that's more than actually telling them how much the music means to you. It's showing it with actions and not just words.

To me it looks like you've done a lot to show your fandom and support and I'm pretty sure they know by now. They know more than we think ;)

14 hours ago, bhrose87 said:

I was offered a pass from Andrei at the Detroit show (I'm also tall & blonde, so that's the common theme here apparently). I wasn't wearing my nightrain lanyard, & this was my first GNR concert so I have no "connections". the people standing next to me knew him & gave him a hug, so I asked them who he was & what his job is. in their words, he's gnr's "pimp daddy" who goes around offering pretty girls backstage passes. 

Edited by gunsgirl27

On 7/7/2016 at 7:09 PM, killuridols said:

I dont have a premium membership so no lanyard for me, lol.

I'm not hot and I won't be dressing like that for a show or selling my meat just to get noticed by the crew guys :rolleyes:

But I will try something else and figure out a way to get a picture or autograph without putting myself under their rules.

I'm going to be wearing the lanyard but not holding out any hope - I'm too far from the action to be noticed. That and I'm not a skinny 20 something...maybe they'll want to meet my Axl lookalike boyfriend instead!

4 hours ago, annablue said:

I'm going to be wearing the lanyard but not holding out any hope - I'm too far from the action to be noticed. That and I'm not a skinny 20 something...maybe they'll want to meet my Axl lookalike boyfriend instead!

haha maybe

but im guessing maybe not :lol:

On July 9, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Albertr212 said:

Oh yeah it was amazing! To think I almost chose to go to the Chicago show instead of this one.

I've seen some pictures posted here of a girl who went backstage and met Steven and Axl.....well that girl was in the group right next to me!

Man I couldn't believe her luck. First there was a roadie (I think?) who during the start of the show just walked by and quickly slipped her the backstage pass. Don't know why she got one but seeing her Instagram page now I see that she is a big fan and has met them before but in the moment I thought it was because she was attractive and well that's what roadies do sometimes. She had a night rain pass on too but most of the people around me had it on with the shirt and they didn't get anything  

Then after My Michelle Steven threw one of his drum sticks right where we were standing. If he had thrown it alittle harder it would have landed right in my hands but sadly it didn't and it landed in the space in front of the stage behind the rail. So here comes the roadie and picks it up and gives it right to her. I just gave her a high five and told her if I could take a picture of her with it after the show and she said sure! So once the show ended and the lights came on I did. Now that I think about it I regret not taking a picture of just the stick as well haha damn....my adrenaline was just so high after seeing the show that I couldn't think straight. 

Here is the picture I took of her with it:

image.jpeg

You must have been right next to me and the friends I was with, because Steven's drumstick literally fell right near my feet when he threw it.   I was wearing the "Charlie Don't Surf" shirt if you happen to have seen us.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...