07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

Just now, tsinindy said:

5:50 PM, so in just a little over 90 minutes opening band goes on.  

I guess I might watch this even though less chances of Steven, but well as the band will come on early, so I might not sleep and just watch it. Its fun to be in the chatroom with you guys. 

12 hours ago, Gibbo said:

1)Axl was at a country singer's house so she didn't meet

2) Izzy was at hotel and I think sound check. She said he seemed annoyed and grumpy. Says they want him to play but was in a shit mood and wasn't playing. He seemed annoyed with Adler.

3) Melissa and Frank are buddies and have taken to Adler

4) Slash is the big brother and loves Alder being there and looks out for him. She liked Slash eventhough he wouldn't let his hair down for a pic. Was very nice and seemed to care about everyone in the band.

5) She talked to Duff for a while and he told her all the stuff we know and she was impressed with how professional he was and can tell he is a business man. Duff told her how close he and Slash were to death and how he went to school and learned about business etc. Says he is the one watching the money etc

6) She liked Melissa a lot. Said she had a great personality and said Frank is so nice and accessible. Like a real cool dude.

7) She said the band is so much better today than in their glory days of drugs and booze (her opinion). She was so blown away by live Slash (we all are)

8) She said Izzy only seemed to care about Duff and didn't really talk to anyone else. 

9) She met Richard too, I asked to make sure she wasn't confused. Richard was cool but didn't get to talk to him as much as the others.

The big news, IZZY IS IN THE MIX... I think he will warm up to playing soon enough.

She is a casual. Not hard core like us.

It doesn't surprise me that Slash said no to a picture. I had him one on one this tour and told him that I was at both Vegas shows and that I only wanted a picture with him,not an autograph and no dice.

10 hours ago, Gibbo said:

rr_zpser6v2se9.jpg

Dude with black hat behind the girl on the far right. Good work CSI GNR... I too think it is Izzy based off the recent pic with Izzy where he was wearing a very similar if not the same hat in the music store. 

Not tall enough to be Duff. Not Slash cause the hair is different. Not Fortus because I can't see him in a hat. And the hat looks just like the one from the other pic. Nice work guys!!

Just now, Slash787 said:

I guess I might watch this even though less chances of Steven, but well as the band will come on early, so I might not sleep and just watch it. Its fun to be in the chatroom with you guys. 

It is.....I'm getting ready to hang out with some friends and have some beers, so hopefully I won't be too surely tonight :)

2 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

Dude with black hat behind the girl on the far right. Good work CSI GNR... I too think it is Izzy based off the recent pic with Izzy where he was wearing a very similar if not the same hat in the music store. 

Not tall enough to be Duff. Not Slash cause the hair is different. Not Fortus because I can't see him in a hat. And the hat looks just like the one from the other pic. Nice work guys!!

Izzy's is not the same. The one here looks to be an Avenged Sevenfold hat.

ha.jpg

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It is.....I'm getting ready to hang out with some friends and have some beers, so hopefully I won't be too surely tonight :)

Enjoy man, If im awake then I will watch it, you will be missed in the chatroom, I hope others show up. 

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was wondering the same thing. When my wife and I got to our seats in Detroit, I looked over there and said "THAT'S VIP??". My wife said "Who the fuck would pay extra to be way back there??". Then when I went to Chicago 2, my buddy saw the section and said the exact same things we did in Detroit.

When I went to see Axl with the NuGuns in 2006, I bought the ridiculously expensive VIP ticket and it was in such horrrible, senseless location that I just walked out of there and under the stage. So maybe it is some GNR tradition to have horrible VIP sectors for absurd amounts of money :P

5 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

It doesn't surprise me that Slash said no to a picture. I had him one on one this tour and told him that I was at both Vegas shows and that I only wanted a picture with him,not an autograph and no dice.

Yeah well when I met him, I only got his autograph, his security said No to photographs. But that time there were many fans, but here she seemed to have all her time to talk to them and hang with them. 

1 minute ago, smoking guns said:

Damn you are good!  Could be a member of the crew... He is talking to Melissa..

by any chance your friend has more pictures? maybe we can somehow find Izzy in the background or get more clues. 

1 minute ago, Lindy100 said:

Dammit!  I miss the rebellious days...:headbang:

They lost a lot of money those days because of curfews. Duff says in his book there were times they would make next to nothing because they had to pay the fines and the extra hours of the crew.

10 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah well when I met him, I only got his autograph, his security said No to photographs. But that time there were many fans, but here she seemed to have all her time to talk to them and hang with them. 

This wasn't many fans and it wasn't what you were talking about where his security had everyone line up and Slash would only sign things. This was me being the only person there in the doorway when he walked into the hotel after a show a few weeks ago. In Vegas after the April 9th show,I had an experience similar to the one you mentioned  and he only signed and to his credit there were 50 fans in line though I'd say at least half were just gonna sell their stuff and they were ebayers who probably didn't attend the concerts. I could care less for a scribble on paper ,I want a picture with the person. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

Just now, emybdc said:

They lost a lot of money those days because of curfews. Duff says in his book there were times they would make next to nothing because they had to pay the fines and the extra hours of the crew.

I know, I know...but it all seems so grown up now...I miss the :hahafyou: days...:P

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

This wasn't many fans and it wasn't what you were talking about where his security had everyone line up and Slash would only sign things. This was me being the only person there in the doorway when he walked into the hotel after a show a few weeks ago. In Vegas after the April 9th show,he only signed and to his credit there were 50 fans in line though I'd say at least half were just gonna sell their stuff and they were ebayers who probably didn't attend the concerts. I could care less for a scribble on paper ,I want a picture with the person. 

Yeah well even I wanted a picture with him, but seeing him so close was really amazing for me, but yeah a picture would have been awesome. 

Just now, smoking guns said:

Just asked her about dude with had behind them, she said  "No he had not come down yet".... 

I don't get one thing, who told her that they wanted Izzy to play, but he just din't wanted to play and how did she know he was mad at Steven? did he shout at him or something? 

1 minute ago, Lindy100 said:

Dammit!  I miss the rebellious days...:headbang:

In Stockholm, Sweden, back in 1991 they started the show long after midnight because Axl wanted to watch the fireworks in Stockholm that particular night. The show ended 2.30-3.00 a.m.  And yes, I attended both shows in Sweden back then. Great times.... :-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah well even I wanted a picture with him, but seeing him so close was really amazing for me, but yeah a picture would have been awesome. 

Or if he doesn't want to pose,let someone else take a picture while he's signing your item. That no pictures rule is just dumb,IMO. I'm not saying I deserve a picture with him more than other fans just because I was in Vegas but to turn down one fan who told you they didn't want an autograph (since I got one in Vegas) only a picture is just well,it is what it is.

Edited by Subtle Signs