07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I've seen different people point out they are having a hard time hearing Axl the past 2 shows. Is the sound engineer nodding out or is Axl preserving his voice? After checking out some videos im a little concerned 

Yeah, I noticed on the vids from the last shows Axl is quite low in the mix. Maybe they noticed people complained in the beginning of the tour that Axl was too loud in the mix and overfixed it a little bit. 

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Looks pretty fucking full to me

6640122D-3A11-4B3B-8411-0EEB72D87D7A_zps

Sure does, It didn't look to good at the beginning of the show.  The pit area was a little thin but over all It looks like a decent turn out.

The band was on fire. Axl sounded better than I can remember. They did Coma, Estranged, Double Talkin' Jive, plus all the classic hits as well as a few Chinese Democracy songs such as the "Chinese Democracy" "This I Love" and "better" which the latter being the highlight although all were amazingly performed. I must say and for anyone else who has listened to the recorded version of better has to agree that the ending solo of "better" should be played nearly if not note for note what Robin Finck played when he recorded it/played it live. This would be like if Robin played SCOM and then when the solo came he just played something different that he just thought sounded cool which appears to be the way Slash is approaching the previous guitar players solos. They sound fine when he plays them live mostly and I again would assume much of the audience doesn't know how it should be played anyway. Another thing I noticed about Slash is that he's playing some of his solo more differently than he used to "in the old days" For better or worse I believe he is trying to out due his old playing and I'm for that 100%, Slash is bringing is A game for reals, he is active, running, jumping, posing, laughing. He was amazing great shape nothing to complain about except just maybe this but If anyone was there was that just the way he wanted to play the Patience solo? I thought it sounded like he was playing the wrong song or something fuck lol ok it wasn't that bad but he didn't play in a way It seemed to me like he would have wanted to. Axl was in the best spirits I've noticed in a long time and Also sounded nearly perfect on every single song. He even sounded better on "This I Love" He told us we were the loudest crowd he's ever heard on the Knockin' on Heavens Door final callback. They were basically camping with how in tents they were lol For real tho, the energy is there their running around playing these songs just phenomenally. It feels like real rock n' roll on stage and hopefully in the pit. Frank is a fine drummer. Steven Adler didn't make an appearance in Pittsburgh unfortunately. He played a few recent shows just 2 songs each which I posted about early. He is by far the fan favorite drummer if they got to choose. Matt would easily be second to in my book. Would I go see this exact band again doing mostly the same songs for the ticket prices I paid this time? Not a chance [One of the best shows I've been to as well but the tickets were insane] So here's what coud/needs to happen next. The band that's touring now puts a kickass new album out and tour indefinitely. playing new music along with the old but a lot of new stuff mixed in. I would be very happy with new music from this line up. Provided it was good actually I could put half of the past behind. Plan 2 just put Steven and Izzy in the band and pretend your actually GNR for a change. People me included would go see this just to see if they even make it through and if they do it with flying colors then they have totally redeemed themselves over every hater, everyone who thought it could never happen. I'd pay again the see that. I get that there's a lot of money on the line for a big tour like this but they should be touring arena anyway. Ther's no reason for the original guys to not just get up play. All of them say that can and could do it easily. None of them are saying I don't think I have what it takes to play like that anymore. I agree with them all as well. If someone else in the band has there doubts let them doubt, let them be proved one way or the other, Keep politics out of RN'R give the people what they want to pay for Give ALL the members a who's recorded with them a shot, ask them don't worry about the money tell them it'll be more than your making now dick, throw it together and be old Guns again Grown but but still trying to just get through the night.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Since I've lost both my nuts, I'll be betting my glans (don't google) that Izzy will show up tonight 

Hey bro......you lost that too.....

Stop betting, it's bad for your reproductive system :lol:

PS: I googled it :( 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Sure does, It didn't look to good at the beginning of the show.  The pit area was a little thin but over all It looks like a decent turn out.

And of course it will at a rock n' roll show when the main act is hitting the stage at fucking 8:45pm!

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

And of course it will at a rock n' roll show when the main act is hitting the stage at fucking 8:45pm!

8:45-9:00 Is not  an early start for a Rock N Roll show. It Is early for Guns N Roses compared to what they were accustomed to In 1992 but Is a normal start time for most bands.

In my experience, that's still quite early, at least 15 minutes to half an hour earlier than most casual or average fans may be expecting too and just look at the difference that time obviously made, because the contrast in the first photos while there was light and that last photo I posted.

From all the schedule sheets I've seen posted by Del James or whomever this is the earliest a show has started on this tour. 

But anyway, whatever, I guess the majority still think (falsely) that the band are still gonna be tardy or Axl will be late on stage. Their loss..

Edited by Blake Sabbath

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Well if this is true - 45 000 than in no way is KC 27 000 cause it looked to be more packed than heinz field...

Yeah, I don't know where they are getting these numbers from. Just seen the article and was actually surprised that there was that many people because It sure didn't look like It.