07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

5 hours ago, Juliette said:

You wrong, you should see vids on youtube , for example 2006 am ring (Germany) . 

It´s Axl´s band.

:facepalm:

It isn't Axl's band, it never was.  There was a time when he used to have a solo band that he unashamedly called "Guns N' Roses" but luckily that travesty ended a while ago.  :)

• Like 4

About the setlist thing and this is the first and last time i'm talking about it: i know a few people that want to buy tickets when they come to Italy but if it wasn't for me playing a video on my phone the one time they asked me if it was true they sounded good as they heard they wouldn't know absolutely anything about the setlist, not that now they knew much, it was one video, so no, casual fans usually don't go to YT, for them the setlist is new and they want to hear the classics.

They are the majority and it's normal they are going to try to make happy the majority of the people that buy tickets, come on, guys, i would never thought that Coma would be a stable song in the setlist, count your blessings! :lol: (thank you, Slash!)

Really nice, Nightrain!

4 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Just woke up and dont feel like scrolling thru 20 pages,  Did Adler come out and play again? Izzy? any new songs in the set list?

No Adler. No Izzy. tHey still played My Michelle without Adler, but no Out Ta Get Me. Raw Power instead of Attitude. Patience for 3rd night in a row, with no sign of Don't Cry in sight 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

innnnn other news, Slash played a new guitar tonight! Looks to be a B.C. Rich Bich.

CnPCwnjWEAA_qvb.jpg

So this is the Green guitar which everyone was talking about, I was like Its the Anaconda Green. I guess he played this during CD. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

:facepalm:

There was a time when he used to have a solo band that he unashamedly called "Guns N' Roses" but luckily that travesty ended a while ago.  :)

true, as demonstrated by the stubborn rejection of "guns and roses" by the fans. 

(see Chinese Democracy sales)

Izzy is more guns and roses then axl and slash put together.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Billsfan said:

You win. I'm done defending Frank. I hope someone makes a thread comparing how Adler plays it ta get me vs Frank because I really want to see someone try to defend Frank as if he's the best this band has ever had.. Because that proves it. Frank is the worst drummer GNR has ever had. 

yeah man, it was horrific... I was starting to give him a pass too. But the contrast between him and Adler on that song is just off the charts.. Him and anyone for that matter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

yeah man, it was horrific... I was starting to give him a pass too. But the contrast between him and Adler on that song is just off the charts.. Him and anyone for that matter. 

i hope this video can surface soon.. i haven't seen it, but i'd sure as hell would like to put adlers version next to his..

Well I wasn't there and only saw a few things but the show seemed to be a bit downgrade from what I saw anyway...

Axl didn't sound great on the few songs I saw.. He never sounds great the whole show anyway so maybe I just tuned in for the wrong songs.

They started earlier to account for the curfew which was cool but not early enough where they didn't have to cut a song. I am hoping to god I get to see Out Ta Get Me in Foxboro. They just kick so much ass at it. If they have to cut a song why not a CD the song for once? I don't mind CD but can't stand the other two. I tried watching them last night again and they are terrible. Better sounds like a mash up of 5 different bad songs. TIL is just boring.. The chorus is catchy but repetitive but the rest of the song is miserable and Axl sounds weird. I won't lie, I did enjoy the Slash solo.. I think towards the end of the song?

Kind of a bummer knowing Steven won't be part of the tour permanently if at all any more.

My Michelle was one of the few songs I watched and it was god awful.. Frank single handedly destroyed the song. His drums were all over the place and so damn fast.. Axl couldn't even keep up..

I am sure it was still a good show over all and I didn't tune in to most of it but those things jumped out at me.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

My Michelle sounded fine

It sounded rushed to me as well last night (more rushed than when they played it in Vegas with Bach and certainly more rushed than the Adler performances in Cincy and Nashville). Waiting for a better video to make a more objective conclusion.

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It sounded rushed to me as well last night (more rushed than when they played it in Vegas with Bach and certainly more rushed than the Adler performances in Cincy and Nashville). Waiting for a better video to make a more objective conclusion.

I just listened to it and the Nashville video side by side, both were fine. Fine being the key word.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

I just listened to it and the Nashville video side by side, both were fine. Fine being the key word.

Good for you, but you listened to a periscoped version.  As I said, I'll wait on a better quality video before making any final conclusions.  But, thanks for your opinion :)

Out of interest I tried listening to Steven vs Frank vs album on My Michelle... I do think the song as a whole sounds better with Steven, but their versions went for the exact same amount of time... both are way faster than the album version.

My opinion/theory - Frank throws in way too many fills and makes everything sound muddy/faster tempo, whereas Steven's style is more 'feel' and complimentary to the rest of the band.

Would love to see Steven on Rocket Queen & Paradise City, but very happy for all of them (and us) that he could be involved at all!

• Like 2