07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

51 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

If I ask my friends about GNR, they all say Don't Cry, November Rain, WTTJ, Heaven's Door and Sweet Child. I never hear Patience anywhere...

Which is funny because that list is almost all mellow tunes, and Patience is one of the better ones in that regard. The second half of Lies is like their Led Zeppelin III.

12 minutes ago, dally said:

True, but the problem here is that alot of the forum members here don't get that... It's in their mind that the whole world is following this band on a daily basis..

the thing is, we are a minority of forum wankers, 95% of the consert goers probaly see's the show one or two times.... Unlike us who sees the same damn show 2-3 times a day??.

back on topic... Another killer show?

Exactly, my uncle is a HUGE GN'R fan and our show in Dallas will be his first. He is so excited to see the hits and that opens up some perspective to me personally when it comes to setlist.

Although, his favorite song is UTLH and i doubt he will see that performed.

Edited by Un42nutzly

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

hahahahaha.  You must not be going to any shows.  The nugnr line was playing in very small venues for the most part.  I seen them close to my house at one.  This line up ("that no one cares about") is playing to stadiums that are pretty full.  Please let go of that old argument.  Fans of the band have always wanted to see Axl, Slash, and Duff (at min) together one last time.  Proof is what is happening today. 

Guess you are having a hard time understanding what you are reading because that Is exactly what my post says. The line up matters.

Holy mother of fuck, was that a goddamn great show or what. Axl was on fire. Slash played amazingly and the rest of the band sounded incredible. Axl seems so happy now that Duff and Slash are back and I sure as hell am happy too. Stadium was packed. Not full, but damn near close. 

I hope this lineup makes a new album together. The talent here is too much to not make an album. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:
22 minutes ago, dally said:

True, but the problem here is that alot of the forum members here don't get that... It's in their mind that the whole world is following this band on a daily basis..

the thing is, we are a minority of forum wankers, 95% of the consert goers probaly see's the show one or two times.... Unlike us who sees the same damn show 2-3 times a day??.

back on topic... Another killer show?

14 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

Exactly, my uncle is a HUGE GN'R fan and our show in Dallas will be his first. He is so excited to see the hits and that opens up some perspective to me personally when it comes to setlist.

Although, his favorite song is UTLH and i doubt he will see that performed.

That is such a lazy argument. Someone would have to have the reasoning of a toddler to not realize that only a small minority of people are watching every show. That's not the point. The point is that the band is playing it safe with the same setlist night in and night out as if it were a Broadway show and not a rock concert. They have many many songs that could be rotated in and out, yet for some reason they are not doing that at all. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, andy_rose said:

Not the best crowd tonight...

Sorry, half drunk and bored, thats all.

image.jpeg.7386e5ff0583a8c92be3ecdd1024c578.jpeg

i got a terrible sunburn trying to get tanned for the San Francisco show i'm going to next week so i took some painkillers to dull the pain. i was pretty out of it last night. what did you feel was bad about the show? of course no Adler and that's why i bought the tix i can't afford for SF. damn  hope he is there for that ( and maybe Izzy? ) :) 

16 hours ago, Slash787 said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose where are you? the show is going to start

thanks again Slash for the head's up. i got a pretty bad sunburn by my pool yesterday so i ended up taking a strong painkiller cos it hurt so much. i was pretty out of it but very nice of you to think of me :) 

24 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Holy mother of fuck, was that a goddamn great show or what. Axl was on fire. Slash played amazingly and the rest of the band sounded incredible. Axl seems so happy now that Duff and Slash are back and I sure as hell am happy too. Stadium was packed. Not full, but damn near close. 

I hope this lineup makes a new album together. The talent here is too much to not make an album. 

they just keep gettng better and better! can't wait to see them again in SF next month :headbang:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

32 minutes ago, Gunner68 said:

Guys and gals, it was an amazing show!! So glad I was able to see them! I truly thought that this would never happen in my lifetime. :lol: Minus the two closed sections, the stadium was packed. The band sounded great, and I loved how Axl made the show "personalized" with WTTJ and KOHD. Also, what the hell was up with his little chicken dance or whatever? :lol::headbang:

what song did he do this chicken dance to??

25 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

LMAO, this band (who has barely begun playing with one another) plays over 2 hours and has introduced some songs that we have been dreaming to hear and you are complaining of our reasoning being of a "toddler". What you are showing are symptoms of A-D-D, which resembles much more of a toddler than the initial reasoning. :rofl-lol:

"OMG COMA!!!! DOUBLE TALKING JIVE!!!!! YES!!!"

*3 months later*

"I'm bored... what a dull setlist"

Edited by Un42nutzly
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Un42nutzly said:

LMAO, this band (who has barely begun playing with one another) plays over 2 hours and has introduced some songs that we have been dreaming to hear and you are complaining of our argument being of a "toddler". What you are showing are symptoms of A-D-D, which has more resemblance to a toddler. :rofl-lol:

You misunderstood my post dude. I can't help you with that. 

2 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

You misunderstood my post dude. I can't help you with that. 

"The point is that the band is playing it safe with the same setlist night in and night out as if it were a Broadway show and not a rock concert. They have many many songs that could be rotated in and out, yet for some reason they are not doing that at all.  "

Yes I did. They aren't playing it 'safe' lol if that was the case, they would put on an hour show with only the hits. They are playing not only the hits but some deep cuts AND covers. Exact opposite of safe imo.

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I don't want to complain about the setlist but I don't get one thing. How the hell isn't Don't Cry played every show? :max: That's one of their songs everyone knows. I'd always choose this song over Patience.

But I don't cry, cause there's a heaven above me.

Lol, at Chicago 1, which would have had Patience instead of Don't Cry if they always alternated, we were bummed they didn't play Patience.  

Seat upgrade ...533 to 114 life is good to be a gunner the show was beyond amazing Axl Slash and Duff are having a great time it's so good to see them all so happy  we saw them in Vegas and I didn't think anything could be better that but it was I never believed that the three of them would ever play together again I saw slash twice and GNR once  and nothing can even come close to what they have now this is how it's suppose to be I have not one complant 

• Like 4

The show was incredible! Plus my brother ran into Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother while going to the restroom! Only complaint was that the fireworks fucked up in LALD, but o well. Nothing can be 100% perfect. I loved every minute of it. Axl's voice was awesome, now I'm super excited for the axl/dc show in Cleveland!

• Like 2