07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

I also timed them. Both came in at 3:23 but I agree that for some reason the chorus had the illusion of sounding sped up last night with Frank after hearing it with Steven. It's also worth pointing out that of the two recordings I listened to, the one with Steven was superior quality so that might have something to do with it.

As for claims that Frank completely ruined the song, come on.

7 minutes ago, hally187 said:

Out of interest I tried listening to Steven vs Frank vs album on My Michelle... I do think the song as a whole sounds better with Steven, but their versions went for the exact same amount of time... both are way faster than the album version.

My opinion/theory - Frank throws in way too many fills and makes everything sound muddy/faster tempo, whereas Steven's style is more 'feel' and complimentary to the rest of the band.

For the win, hit the nail on the head, could not have said it any better.

I don't want to complain about the setlist but I don't get one thing. How the hell isn't Don't Cry played every show? :max: That's one of their songs everyone knows. I'd always choose this song over Patience.

But I don't cry, cause there's a heaven above me.

3 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

:facepalm:

It isn't Axl's band, it never was.  There was a time when he used to have a solo band that he unashamedly called "Guns N' Roses" but luckily that travesty ended a while ago.  :)

:facepalm:

It is his band. He owns the name. Sh*t could hit the fan tomorrow, he could just replace slash and duff. 

Did he fire anybody?

Do they play slash solo songs? How about duff solo songs?

Im glad you and and a few others have justified that to yourselves by painting that picture but, it's completely innacurate. This is axls band and it has been since the early 90's

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Looks pretty fucking full to me

6640122D-3A11-4B3B-8411-0EEB72D87D7A_zps

Yeah someone mentioned that the start time changed from 925 to 845 I think?? So people were clearly expecting a later show so I'm sure with axls reputation it still threw people off that he was on time

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billsfan said:

1 - I'm not going to argue Frank. Although I have more of a criticism about the appetitite material over everything else he plays by far. That should be Steven 

2 - Exactly, so why kick Fortus to the curb? Bottom line is, there's no issue with Slash on lead really since both Ashba and Bumblefoot quit. They needed an elite lead, and who better than slash?! Its just a tougher situation than any of us could have imagined but, I have faith it'll work out. 

Thing is, Ashba and BBF quit because a reunion was in the works. They knew it wasn't their place to share a stage with the GNR lead guitarist. Richard and Frank either didn't feel the same way, or Axl really wanted them to stay in the band. I'm sure that Axl is so happy partially due to the fact that Slash and Duff are acknowledging his CD material and willing to play it. But does anyone see Izzy playing the tapping solo in CD? Or a song like Better? Or pretty much anything from CD?

With Steven it's more of a "can he play it" matter than a "will he". I'm sure Steven will agree to try and learn the UYI and CD stuff, but the drumming has a technical edge that I'm not sure he can nail. I'm not even sure he can nail YCBM or Coma.

That's why the best we'll get is an AFD5 reunion only on specific dates and only for a few songs, but not full-time. And I'm ok with that, I love the shows anyway. If it was a full-time reunion though, why are you guys so adamant that it won't change the numbers? The media will immediately start promoting a "GNR is back/Guns N' Roses original lineup reunite/The most dangerous band in the world is coming for you" slogan that will draw all the casuals who are brainwashed into believing anything that has to do with Axl Rose is evil and not worthy of their time, and all the hardcore fans who want a full reunion just because of that lineup's magic. They'll sell out every stadium ever immediately. On their own Izzy and Steven (and even Duff for the most part) aren't huge ticket-sellers, but when you present the whole band together like a complete puzzle, the hype is unreal.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Good for you, but you listened to a periscoped version.  As I said, I'll wait on a better quality video before making any final conclusions.  But, thanks for your opinion :)

I was there.  I was 100% happy with his voice on every song.  It was evident that he has done something to improve, or maybe its just being with the right people on stage.  Anyone who complains about that concert last night is just looking for something to whine about.  The only thing I would have liked, was to see Steven on a few songs.  That would have been a plus, to an already great night. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ironmt said:

Axl was playing to 4,000-12,000 people per night with the old band. He Is now playing to 30,000-50,000 people with the original band. I think people cared about the line up.

hahahahaha.  You must not be going to any shows.  The nugnr line was playing in very small venues for the most part.  I seen them close to my house at one.  This line up ("that no one cares about") is playing to stadiums that are pretty full.  Please let go of that old argument.  Fans of the band have always wanted to see Axl, Slash, and Duff (at min) together one last time.  Proof is what is happening today. 

9 hours ago, RONIN said:

GnR didn't use set lists during the UYI tour. Why? Because they were the most dangerous band in the world.

Now they are a corporate act. I love seeing the band go out there and play but let's not pretend that the set list couldn't be more exciting.

so you are going to EVERY show then?  The set list was aweseome last night.  better check your facts about setlist back then too.  I have tons of bootlegs from the late 80s, early 90s.  The core songs are ALWAYS there.  Sure they might have mixed in a few different ones, but you could always count on the core songs.  stop finding things to complain about and just enjoy it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

How the hell isn't Don't Cry played every show? :max: That's one of their songs everyone knows. I'd always choose this song over Patience.

Patience is very popular. It was a hit for them, and it still gets played on the radio. I never hear Don't Cry anywhere anymore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

I was there.  I was 100% happy with his voice on every song.  It was evident that he has done something to improve, or maybe its just being with the right people on stage.  Anyone who complains about that concert last night is just looking for something to whine about.  The only thing I would have liked, was to see Steven on a few songs.  That would have been a plus, to an already great night. 

I think you quoted the wrong person....I didn't say anything about Axls voice or complain about the show in general.  Just said My Michelle felt rushed.  The poster I quoted above explained my thoughts in a much better and more clear, concise way.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I think you quoted the wrong person....I didn't say anything about Axls voice or complain about the show in general.  Just said My Michelle felt rushed.  The poster I quoted above explained my thoughts in a much better and more clear, concise way.

I did, sorry. 

I just cant take people listening to cell phone clips and complaining about his voice. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Patience is very popular. It was a hit for them, and it still gets played on the radio. I never hear Don't Cry anywhere anymore.

Plus I don't think they played anything else from lies. Can't have 2 spaghetti incident songs and overlook lies

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moreblack said:

I think it depends (on the country maybe). If I ask my friends about GNR, they all say Don't Cry, November Rain, WTTJ, Heaven's Door and Sweet Child. I never hear Patience anywhere...;)

They should play both songs like they used to...

29 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It was 100% rushed.. Axl could hardly keep up and it sounded like ass.. Not too mention Frank hitting all the wrong drums in all the wrong spots.. It was brutal.. Getting to see Steven play it the last two shows really showed how brutal it was. It sucks having to hear the whole band try and keep up with Frank. Guns N roses have a natural groove.. They lose that when Frank is playing a million mph..

12 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

CnNictHW8AAQm7D.jpg

CnNid9QXYAEmUXS.jpg

didnt one of our own travel out to pittsburgh to see them just for Adler? 

I didn't go just to see Adler, but him guesting in Cincinnati and Nashville gave me the push to want to do a second show. Oh well, at least I still got to see Coma again, and it was the first time I saw My Michelle since 2012. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, nonok said:

Thing is, Ashba and BBF quit because a reunion was in the works. They knew it wasn't their place to share a stage with the GNR lead guitarist. Richard and Frank either didn't feel the same way, or Axl really wanted them to stay in the band. I'm sure that Axl is so happy partially due to the fact that Slash and Duff are acknowledging his CD material and willing to play it. But does anyone see Izzy playing the tapping solo in CD? Or a song like Better? Or pretty much anything from CD?

With Steven it's more of a "can he play it" matter than a "will he". I'm sure Steven will agree to try and learn the UYI and CD stuff, but the drumming has a technical edge that I'm not sure he can nail. I'm not even sure he can nail YCBM or Coma.

That's why the best we'll get is an AFD5 reunion only on specific dates and only for a few songs, but not full-time. And I'm ok with that, I love the shows anyway. If it was a full-time reunion though, why are you guys so adamant that it won't change the numbers? The media will immediately start promoting a "GNR is back/Guns N' Roses original lineup reunite/The most dangerous band in the world is coming for you" slogan that will draw all the casuals who are brainwashed into believing anything that has to do with Axl Rose is evil and not worthy of their time, and all the hardcore fans who want a full reunion just because of that lineup's magic. They'll sell out every stadium ever immediately. On their own Izzy and Steven (and even Duff for the most part) aren't huge ticket-sellers, but when you present the whole band together like a complete puzzle, the hype is unreal.

Have you heard how Slashs drummer for his band with Myles Kennedy plays YCBM, then Franks version, then Matts original? It's so weird how they're all so completely different, but the same song. I would love to hear Stevens playing on it, but I've no doubt his would be unique to him too. 

21 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I think it depends (on the country maybe). If I ask my friends about GNR, they all say Don't Cry, November Rain, WTTJ, Heaven's Door and Sweet Child. I never hear Patience anywhere...;)

They should play both songs like they used to...

Yeah, it probably has to do with each audience's cultural backgrounds. I think Patience is very popular to the American audience due to its gospel-like feeling in vocals and lyrics.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I don't want to complain about the setlist but I don't get one thing. How the hell isn't Don't Cry played every show? :max: That's one of their songs everyone knows. I'd always choose this song over Patience.

But I don't cry, cause there's a heaven above me.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't complain about the setlist. The unchanging setlist is by far the most disappointing aspect of this tour so far. I'm seeing both shows at Met Life and if it's the exact same show both nights I'm not going to be happy. Does that make me less or more of a fan?