07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

On 7/10/2016 at 2:16 PM, fallglimmer said:

they closed the two side decks when One Direction played there last.

yeah but 1D sucks so......:lol:

id like to think that more seats are selling because steven is on the bill. but prob. a combination of both.
we shall see!
i wonder if they brought him in for these gigs because the openers were weaker? or maybe he started in cincy because hes from ohio (cleveland)??

itd be RAD if by some miracle they had all 5 together for a few tunes...maybe the LA gigs?

2 hours ago, Willis1988 said:

Seat upgrade ...533 to 114 life is good to be a gunner the show was beyond amazing Axl Slash and Duff are having a great time it's so good to see them all so happy  we saw them in Vegas and I didn't think anything could be better that but it was I never believed that the three of them would ever play together again I saw slash twice and GNR once  and nothing can even come close to what they have now this is how it's suppose to be I have not one complant 

how were 114 seats? i orig. had that section row J but was afraid the sound tent & VIP A would obstruct the view so i moved

27 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Im not a fucking hater or something, dont get me wrong. But whoever coached him in 2010 must do it again. Look at this VOICE OMG 

yea that performance was really fucking good, I hate how the clean voice removes the power of the song these days. but i dont see a point in fapping over his 2010 voice, I think its still there somewhere in him, he just hasnt rediscovered it yet

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

yea that performance was really fucking good, I hate how the clean voice removes the power of the song these days. but i dont see a point in fapping over his 2010 voice, I think its still there somewhere in him, he just hasnt rediscovered it yet

people say that his clean voice is gone, it seems like it is. Can you recover a gone voice ? ,:D

He still has that voice. He just doesn't/can't do it for that long at this point in his life. He's been doing it a lot more at recent shows though. It might not be as strong but he does still have the rasp. I think maybe he just needs to be able to control his voice a bit better for the faster songs. On slower songs he sounds great imo. Although he's been wrecking nightrain recently. Love his recent performances of that song, using his deeper voice instead of the higher register. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

He still has that voice. He just doesn't/can't do it for that long at this point in his life. He's been doing it a lot more at recent shows though. It might not be as strong but he does still have the rasp. I think maybe he just needs to be able to control his voice a bit better for the faster songs. On slower songs he sounds great imo. Although he's been wrecking nightrain recently. Love his recent performances of that song, using his deeper voice instead of the higher register. 

He has rasp, still great but i guess he has lost his clean voice. Like RQ PC SCOM NR verses. He doesnt sound good on the verses of these 

Just now, onurbayrak03 said:

He has rasp, still great but i guess he has lost his clean voice. Like RQ PC SCOM NR verses. He doesnt sound good on the verses of these 

Yes I see what you're saying. I'm hoping  he'd be able to get that back but if it's gone I think it's gone. I'm not a vocal coach though so not sure haha.  

15 hours ago, BatVin said:

Yeah, I noticed on the vids from the last shows Axl is quite low in the mix. Maybe they noticed people complained in the beginning of the tour that Axl was too loud in the mix and overfixed it a little bit. 

I saw both Chicago shows.  I can't say enough good stuff about the whole gang.

i did notice the same, especially in parts of Estranged.  I'd think the sound engineers would be all over it.  Even when I play my guitar, I have a dynamic volume control that helps.

19 hours ago, adamsv1999 said:

Just got back from the show....here's a few quick notes from tonight:

• The show was great.  I'm a big fan and follow each show on this forum, but I would guess 90% of the people there do not.  The show all about Axl & Slash.  Axl sounded good but Slash stole the show.  Duff got some cheers but nowhere near Axl & Slash.
  • Same setlist as other shows minus OTGM.  No Steven.  I don't think the majority of the people minded.  They played the hits and sounded great.
  • I agree...Seeker needs to go.  They have too many other great songs to be playing another cover, especially one that people don't know.  I'd prefer Don't Cry & Patience were on every show.  And maybe play UTLH or You're Crazy.
  • The crowd was really into KOHD.  I'd leave that on the set list.
  • Chinese songs (Chinese, Better, TIL) got no reaction.  Axl impressed on TIL but the other two songs could easily be replaced. 
  • Civil War and Coma were my highlights of the night.  Axl sounded great on those.
  • Overall, Axl sounded good but he was hard to hear at times when he wasn't screaming.  It seems during certain songs he sings much quieter and he can barely be heard.  His voice was fine but he goes back and forth from screaming to singing at a low volume. 
  • Slash was amazing.....even with the long solos and jams, he kept people interested.  The songs sound so much better with him playing. 
  • No Izzy, no Steven but I don't think most people cared nor would they have sold many more tickets with them.  This band sounds great and they put on a heck of a show.  Afterwards, I heard most people saying how impressed they were.  I don't understand all the bitching on here.  If you go to a show and don't obsess about the setlist, you'll love it.

Great summary!  I've been a Guns fan since 87.  Saw them in 88 opening for Aerosmith, in 92 at Three rivers with Metallica and twice with Axl and his cover band. Last night was an amazing show. Do I wish I could hear some other songs?  Sure... But how can we complain about what's being played?  It's mostly the hits that the common fan want to hear.  After all these years I got to hear Coma live.  I was stoked!   

Social media is killing shows because people say their bored with the same old set list   If it weren't for these types of sites, we wouldn't get to hear these other shows   Most people are hearing the stuff live for the first time. 

I've been a longtime lurker on this site.  Just wanted to throw my two cents in   

Awesome show and I'm thrilled to see at least the three back together again.   For one night my tattoo I got back in 92 of GNR was relevant again ;)

Edited by cotty168
Messed up my first post!
  • Like 4

One other thought, most of you guys are die Hards just like me. The way I'm looking at this "reunion" is its a great chance for so many who never got to see most of this band together live... They get to see them for the first time. It's a win for the band and a win for us fans. They get to reach a whole new generation of fans. That just fires me up.  Last night took me on a trip down memory lane, that's for sure.  I grew up on the songs they played. 

• Like 1

During the show last night a girl (with a walkie talkie and a backpack) came up to me and asked me if I was a NightTrain member (I had my member shirt on).  After I I said yes, she said "Have this.. It's from Duff."  It was a guitar pick.  I was on the field level and half way back on the Slash side. So cool!

Edited by Eric E
Typo

6 minutes ago, Eric E said:

During the show last night a girl (with a walkie talkie and a backpack) came up to me and asked me if I was a NightTrain member (I had my member shirt on).  After I I said yes, she said "Have this.. It's from Duff."  It was a guitar pick.  I was on the field level and half way back on the Slash side. So cool!

You should file this post under the perks of being a Nightrain member thread.

Fantastic show. The only negatives were the woman at the end of our row that threw up before the band even came on (forcing us to smell it the entire time) and the mix or whatever made "Better" sound like crap. I couldn't even tell what they were intro'ing. I may be spoiled after seeing and hearing Finck tear it up at Hammerstein in 2006, but it was terrible.