PhillyNITL.png

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Philadelphia, PA

Lincoln Financial Field

Capacity: 69,176

Opener:

Forum Members Attending:

Hollywood Zombie, felixGNR, Samhainn, luvaxl4ever, GNRnow, mrw80, axlreed44,

GnRDuff1, Philly Guns, jjflyer, DanielCT, tomc102968, Izzyslash, D-GenerationX, GNRfanx6, The Real McCoy, WestCoastStrutting, BudBeamBlow, eltropico, PhillyRose, charliehoodger, tarheels180, revisisland29, brownstone91, axlstillkicksass, tomc102968

Setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/A New Rose (Duff)
This I Love
Sorry
Out Ta Get Me
Coma
Godfather Theme (Slash)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Jam: Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

I'm coming over from The Netherlands for this concert, can't wait! Will be my first time in the States as well :D 
There's one thing I don't really understand though. I bought tickets for F1 but there are seats mentioned on my ticket? Are there really seats on the field? And do people actually sit during the concert?
Furthermore, any tips on things to do and see in Philly besides the show would be really appreciated!

Philadelphia has like 9 presales now. I scored 2 pit tickets thanks to my Dad! I'm paying for them, but I can't use my phone or a computer at work. I can't believe I got them. Looking forward to calling out of work Thursday so I can be in line early and Friday due to lack of sleep.

Edit: The tickets are on Slash's side. I'd prefer Duff's side if anyone has two of those who wants to be near Slash. Although they tend to move around a lot so I don't know how much it really matters.

Edited by GnRDuff1
additional info
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2016 at 2:00 AM, Samhainn said:

I'm coming over from The Netherlands for this concert, can't wait! Will be my first time in the States as well :D 
There's one thing I don't really understand though. I bought tickets for F1 but there are seats mentioned on my ticket? Are there really seats on the field? And do people actually sit during the concert?
Furthermore, any tips on things to do and see in Philly besides the show would be really appreciated!

If you want to do the tourist thing and get a cheese steak, my suggestion would be Jim's, not Pat's or Geno's. More on the sandwich and shorter lines.  Also research proper ordering technique.  I live here, so there's not much I'm interested in that's here. If you're interested in American history, there's enough to keep you busy for like a week. Good museums (with "The Rocky Steps"...and that's all I can think of right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

We all should meet up!

I was thinking maybe hitting up Xfinity Live, although they can get pricey. A nice parking spot / couple cases of beer / GNR blasting from the ipod dock is usually the way to go :headbang:

I guess I need to make a Flyers/GNR "Slash" shirt now for the wifey now, heres us from the Electric Factory show

422419_10100701074627703_911676610_n.jpg

21 hours ago, GnRDuff1 said:

If you want to do the tourist thing and get a cheese steak, my suggestion would be Jim's, not Pat's or Geno's. More on the sandwich and shorter lines.  Also research proper ordering technique.  I live here, so there's not much I'm interested in that's here. If you're interested in American history, there's enough to keep you busy for like a week. Good museums (with "The Rocky Steps"...and that's all I can think of right now.

Thanks for the tips, will definitely check out Jim's :)

8 minutes ago, Philly Guns said:

I was thinking maybe hitting up Xfinity Live, although they can get pricey. A nice parking spot / couple cases of beer / GNR blasting from the ipod dock is usually the way to go :headbang:

I guess I need to make a Flyers/GNR "Slash" shirt now for the wifey now, heres us from the Electric Factory show

422419_10100701074627703_911676610_n.jpg

Sounds like fun, Team Hoilland would sure like to join!