07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

5 minutes ago, gnr estranged said:

Just got the OK to leave work early tomororw and picked up tickets for the show! @metalms @mrw80 @charliehoodger you guys are going right?? Hopefully not riot this time!

One riot in a lifetime was enough for me! :lol: I am soo excited.  saw them twice in 91, and the doomed Philly show in 02.  So it has been 25 yrs and in that 25 years I have been to a lot of shows.  The Spectrum show in Dec 91 was the best concert I have ever seen hands down.  Not just because GNR played there asses off but the energy in the crowd.  whoa!  Not sure crowds like that exist today, times have changed but I will never forget it.  And that wasnt the classic lineup... My husband was the lucky one he saw them in 88 at the Tower Theater Classic lineup.  He likes to throw that up in my face lol I guess I can't blame him!  It's pretty cool.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, metalms said:

One riot in a lifetime was enough for me! :lol: I am soo excited.  saw them twice in 91, and the doomed Philly show in 02.  So it has been 25 yrs and in that 25 years I have been to a lot of shows.  The Spectrum show in Dec 91 was the best concert I have ever seen hands down.  Not just because GNR played there asses off but the energy in the crowd.  whoa!  Not sure crowds like that exist today, times have changed but I will never forget it.  And that wasnt the classic lineup... My husband was the lucky one he saw them in 88 at the Tower Theater Classic lineup.  He likes to throw that up in my face lol I guess I can't blame him!  It's pretty cool.

Was that '91 Spectrum show the one where a fight broke out in the crowd during WTTJ (Not sure if that was the song or not) and Axl had the band stop playing for a minute to address the people fighting?

22 minutes ago, ThermoNuclearWarrior said:

Was that '91 Spectrum show the one where a fight broke out in the crowd during WTTJ (Not sure if that was the song or not) and Axl had the band stop playing for a minute to address the people fighting?

I do not remember a fight at my show. I went to the show on the 16th of Dec 91.  There was a show the next day perhaps that is the show?   Maybe someone who went to the Dec 17th show knows the answer to that.  It was a long time ago... but I was also in the 2nd row for that show... I saw them that summer, but at Hershey Park Stadium with Skid Row. The show where the fan cut Duffs hand with a razor blade... :max:

Edited by metalms

3 hours ago, Exit7a said:

So here’s what I’m hoping for tomorrow night:

Paradise City

Perfect Crime

Out Ta Get Me

Locomotive

The Garden

Jungle

Wild Horses w/Gilby

Knockin’ (w/LOTS of Reggae)

Shadow of Your Love

Reckless Life

Matt Sorum drum solo

Garden of Eden

Patience

Don’t Cry

November Rain

Sweet Child

Right Next Door to Hell

Estranged

Encore

Crash Diet

Breakdown

The Seeker

no one would stay and watch that encore

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, metalms said:

I do not remember a fight at my show. I went to the show on the 16th of Dec 91.  There was a show the next day perhaps that is the show?   Maybe someone who went to the Dec 17th show knows the answer to that.  It was a long time ago... but I was also in the 2nd row for that show... I saw them that summer, but at Hershey Park Stadium with Skid Row. The show where the fan cut Duffs hand with a razor blade... :max:

I found the show I was thinking of, it was 6/13/91

It happens at the 60 minute mark

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I have a feeling that we'll get one of the alternates tomorrow. I have no idea why. Just a gut feeling.

They keep rehearsing Sorry. Figure they have to play it eventually. Tomorrow should be the second largest crowd so far so maybe they'll bring it out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I have a feeling that we'll get one of the alternates tomorrow. I have no idea why. Just a gut feeling.

Same, I don't know why either. I think it's just the fact that for every show that goes on in which there isn't an alternate song played, the chances increase for it happening at the next show (theoretically). So we're due for it and Philadelphia seems like the right place for it.

• Like 1

Are people saying this is gonna be a large crowd? I thought it was one of the worst. Tickets have been in the low $20 range on stubhub since on sale and last I checked it wasn't great. I hope they sold more tickets, just saw someone say it should be the second largest show of the tour 

7 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Are people saying this is gonna be a large crowd? I thought it was one of the worst. Tickets have been in the low $20 range on stubhub since on sale and last I checked it wasn't great. I hope they sold more tickets, just saw someone say it should be the second largest show of the tour 

Maybe they meant 2nd largest market which makes the poor ticket sales look even more pathetic

23 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

He is still in LA?

That sounds very unfair to him, only 2 shows with only 2 songs? 

Not sure just heard he want be there but will be back soon. It would be part of his contract