07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

4 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

Is there any other way to get them? Fuckkk. My GF is taking fever to get ready. Wtf.

They had some on sale inside on the floor in Cincinnati. I'm not sure if they had any in the main/concession area since I just went straight for the rail as soon as gates opened. 

1 hour ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Wasn't there a dj in Philly that refused to play Guns after the Philly riot in 2002? Is that guy playing guns again, is he retired, has he said anything about this tour? Just curious! 

Yea his name is Pierre Robert.  He's kinda a legend in the philly music scene and has been around forever.  He is still a DJ at the great WMMR 93.3 radio station from like the 11am-5pm ish time slot. He has always been extremely critical of Axl's no-show in 2002 and I can understand why.  In the past he has only played like a GNR song on the anniversary of the riot and always dubbed "HE'S A FLAMING TURD!!!" soundbite into the song.  Recently he came in early and the Preston and Steve morning show fellas asked how he felt about the GUNS show and he was actually pretty diplomatic about it but said he would probably NOT go to the show.  He said he would only forgive Axl if he did an interview with the radio station to apologize or give a free concert in philly.  Axl's appearance in 2012 at the Electric Factory in philly and his "mostly" apology helped a little but Pierre is still no all forgiving.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Yea his name is Pierre Robert.  He's kinda a legend in the philly music scene and has been around forever.  He is still a DJ at the great WMMR 93.3 radio station from like the 11am-5pm ish time slot. He has always been extremely critical of Axl's no-show in 2002 and I can understand why.  In the past he has only played like a GNR song on the anniversary of the riot and always dubbed "HE'S A FLAMING TURD!!!" soundbite into the song.  Recently he came in early and the Preston and Steve morning show fellas asked how he felt about the GUNS show and he was actually pretty diplomatic about it but said he would probably NOT go to the show.  He said he would only forgive Axl if he did an interview with the radio station to apologize or give a free concert in philly.  Axl's appearance in 2012 at the Electric Factory in philly and his "mostly" apology helped a little but Pierre is still no all forgiving.  

How can (I'm assuming a rock station) get away with not playing GnR? We have 3 Rock stations and 4 classic rock stations where I am and no matter which one I'm listening to I almost always come across a GnR song on a half hour ride. They get played as much as ACDC, Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd.

9 minutes ago, liers said:

How can (I'm assuming a rock station) get away with not playing GnR? We have 3 Rock stations and 4 classic rock stations where I am and no matter which one I'm listening to I almost always come across a GnR song on a half hour ride. They get played as much as ACDC, Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd.

Haha well the station as a whole plays a lot of GnR, just not Pierre Robert.  Several other of their DJs are pretty big fans.  

I am kinda surpised that the litho's lasts as long as they do. Limited to 350 in Philly, were only 300 in Pittsburgh. We went to the merch truck right after it opened, and a lot of people were already there, most of them bought litho's.

hey guys, as i said in the beginning of the topic, im from brazil and i will go with my son to the show.

i bought the tickets from the upper side of the stadium, my question is, as i never came to shows in stadiums, the entrance is only one? is easy to go to the upper level?

good show for all of us!

3 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Just wondering, what is so great about litho's? 

It's a keepsake. Twenty years from now you can look at it and take you back to that night. I love mine. Bummed I didn't get them at the Vegas shows.