07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

31 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

High quality videos from this guy, maybe whole show is coming:

Swear Axl looks better every show, longer hair, healthier hair, slimmer jaw line, look in his eyes like the illusions tour, no homo!!

So amazing to have these GREAT videos for the show I got to see. This one will stay with me for a LONG time!

21 minutes ago, gnr estranged said:

Here's my video of sorry, it's not the best I was walking down back to the pit then the dude asked to see my ticket, it gets better at the end. Such an amazing show tonight.

It really was!  Simply blown away!

• Like 3

From the clips, they sound much better than they did at the Vegas shows (which I didn't care for); the tempi seem to be correct now; Slash is at one hundred percent; Axl, somewhere around eighty percent. 'Out To Get Me' sounded particularly vibrant. My one question is the girl: what does she actually do? She is playing keyboards there, bouncing around to every song including the Appetite rockers with no discernible difference musically between old band renditions of the song, live or studio! I'm not detecting any additional layers there.

Is she even plugged in? It is a legit question.

Also, Axl has put on weight following the AC/DC thing. The integrity of his t-shirt around the midriff region is precarious to say the least. How is that possible with him running around on stage? I would have presumed a gradual bodily decrease as the tour progresses?

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

Very nice quality videos but not a very good performance of Estranged IMO. I would love to hear him perform the second part of the song like he did In 1992 In Stuttgart Germany.

Yeah.. But I actually thought this Estranged was better than the last couple of shows.

Better was rough, with some voice cracks.

This I Love solo went absolutely nowhere.  Kinda bad.

Like DD said, funny watching Melissa bounce back there to all the songs. But Diesel, he is clearly not fatter. If anything, jawline looks tighter. Go watch Aarhus vids again. Still has a gut tho.

Remember, this is the clean voice era:

Edited by AFGnR

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

From the clips, they sound much better than they did at the Vegas shows (which I didn't care for); the tempi seem to be correct now; Slash is at one hundred percent; Axl, somewhere around eighty percent. 'Out To Get Me' sounded particularly vibrant. My one question is the girl: what does she actually do? She is playing keyboards there, bouncing around to every song including the Appetite rockers with no discernible difference musically between old band renditions of the song, live or studio! I'm not detecting any additional layers there.

Also, Axl has put on weight following the AC/DC thing. The integrity of his t-shirt around the midriff region is precarious to say the least. How is that possible with him running around on stage? I would have presumed a gradual bodily decrease as the tour progresses?

Melissa's biggest contribution to the sound in my opinion is her backing vocals.

I always felt female backing vocals work with GNR songs. I loved having Tracy and Roberta during UYI shows, e.g. a song like Paradise City sounds much better when there's a female voice in the chorus to cover Axl's mickey efforts. Also, she is quite audible during Don't Cry and Better. She needs to do a better job on KOHD though.

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How come you get a pass mentioning his weight, but not us? :max:

10 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

A nerdy observation but anyone else notice slash has changed his tattoo on inside of his left forearm. where it used to be just a rose now also has a gun beside it.

He had the gun tattoo to cover the old tattoo that had the name "Perlita"... it's not a new thing ..things that come with a divorce...