07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

4 minutes ago, dittoditto1111 said:

I went through the best videos from last night I could find and put together a playlist of the entire show. All recordings are 1080P. ENJOY!! These are some of the best videos from the tour so far. Put this fullscreen on your HDTV and enjoy!!!

Very nice,  Thank you :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vloors said:

They have some awesome stuff. Their self titled album from a few years ago is a great place to start

My all-time favorite band. All of their albums are great. Their latest is their weakest, but still has some great tunes. Wish Wolfmother would open for Guns N' Roses for the whole tour. I've never been to one of their concerts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exnavymike said:

What a show!  I had the night of my life!!  I saw the DC show and while that was awesome..I think this one topped it.   For several reasons.

As I said I went to the DC show and due to circumstancess there, the closing of some sections...I took a gamble and bought the $20 nose bleed tix in Philly.  I was literally one row from being as high up as, in section 219, Slash's side of the stage, and as far away from the stage as possible.  My gamble paid off, right before GnR went on a stadium guy came up to me and my friend, and the people behind us, to give us tix to the FLOOR!!!!  I ended up in section F10, not the pit, not the next section, but right behind that section, still on Slashs side....from nosebleed to floor.  It was amazing.

I think Axl was around 85% for this show, better then DC and from what I have seen/heard so far from all the other shows, Im a fairly regular scoper, his best performance thus far and he knew it.  He was feeling it.  Slash was great, Fortus was fucking awesome. All in all a great show.  I am one that sometimes get annoyed with the same setlist over and over but once you are there, it doesnt fucking matter.  They only song I really didnt care for was Duff's New Rose spot.  I thought Sorry was a nice surprise and it deffinitely had a holy shit vibe to it because youre listening to Axl sing and looking at Slash while hes singing this song that is supposedly about him...it was strange/surreal..not sure what exactly BUT the song worked, at least for me.  I think Slashs take on the CD stuff is exhilarting.  It breathes new life into the songs..the better intro is killer...CD kicks ass...man what a fucking show....the only real negative I can think is that I really wish Axl would slim down some more.  I know its stupid and I shouldnt care but I do a little.  Im not gonna name call or be a dick about it, its just what I would prefer.  That aside it was an amazing show and if it wasnt for my daughters bday...grr kids...id be heading to Jersey for sure.   Long Live Guns N Fucking Roses!!

VID_20160714_233029.mp4

I think all of us walked out a little lighter last night.  I sweated off at least 5 lbs! :lol: Axl is Axl to me but I know image matters alot to some.  All just different opinions  Great show! Great Crowd last night!

Edited by metalms

So I just got around to writing this review. Was at the show last night. Overall, I'd say they were better in this show than the one i went to in DC. 

"Sorry" was a great addition and I was glad to hear "Don't cry". But TIL was on a different level. At least being there live. Loved Axl, loved Slash. Personal Favorite performance of the night would have to be either Nightrain as the atmosphere was electric or KOHD as Axl really got the crowd involved. Also, Mr.Brownstone makes EVERYBODY groove. 

I am stoked to see Sorry in the setlist....the best song on CD IMO. I love that jam!!!

I'm going to the Houston show and I hope they give us a few extra bells and whistles to conpensate for weirdo Skrillex opening.. Slipping Sorry in there would be beast! Oh and I would obviously loooove to see Steven too! 

Edited by Tiffani

So I was trying to put together a collage with review headlines but I've only found 3. It's a crude and sucks now but can anyone help me out with if there are anymore reviews out there..I put to put it on IG as a huge FUCK YOU to people that have told me gnr sucks or will never play together again over the past 18 years...

IMG_20160715_174027.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

So I was trying to put together a collage with review headlines but I've only found 3. It's a crude and sucks now but can anyone help me out with if there are anymore reviews out there..I put to put it on IG as a huge FUCK YOU to people that have told me gnr sucks or will never play together again over the past 18 years...

IMG_20160715_174027.jpg

How about some screenshots of news headlines with pics? There's a lot you can capture from FB and Blabbermouth for instance..

8 hours ago, metalms said:

How were those seats? I am already plotting to try and find a way to get my ass to the  meadowlands next weekend.  What a show Axl and the boys kicked ass for philly!!!

Great view. The sound was a bit muddled but overall it was great. The air conditioned lounge was amazing

4 minutes ago, GNRfanx6 said:

Great view. The sound was a bit muddled but overall it was great. The air conditioned lounge was amazing

People off to the sides a bit were saying that about the sound my sis said that and she was in a similar area.  My hubby and I had a totally different experience we were straight on in the endzone (107) and the sound was great.  Interesting my sis said some of the amps should have been angled and not straight on have no idea if this would effect sound or not, but it was her opinion LOL We would have KILLED for the air tho!

Edited by metalms

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

He kind of hit a new gear sometime around Libertad and has only gone up since.

Yup that is exactly what happened. Saw him in 2001 twice with Snakepit and he was awesome. Then saw him in 2002 with Camp Freddy and some other guest spots and he wasn't himself. You could barely hear him. Don't know if it was the sound guy, guitar tech, recovering from the heart scare or what. That Camp Freddy gig in NYC in 2002 when Kid Rock sang PC with Slash, duff & Matt he was so visibly drunk he fell on top of me. By Libertad he was 100% sober minus the cigarettes but man everything just clicked for him. His playing just keeps getting better