07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

Sorry needs to be earlier in the set. They should swap it with Estranged. I like it both on the album and live but I can see how people don't, it's got a slower, darker vibe than most GNR songs, doesn't really fit well thrown in the middle of the set IMO.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Sorry needs to be earlier in the set. They should swap it with Estranged. I like it both on the album and live but I can see how people don't, it's got a slower, darker vibe than most GNR songs, doesn't really fit well thrown in the middle of the set IMO.

Ok, I was sweating there for a minute and had to reread It. You did say SWAP not REPLACE. Was sweating and damn near In tears. I would personally like to see Estranged as part of the encore as It was on the Illusion tour.

6 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Ok, I was sweating there for a minute and had to reread It. You did say SWAP not REPLACE. Was sweating and damn near In tears. I would personally like to see Estranged as part of the encore as It was on the Illusion tour.

Haha, fuck no, Estranged can never leave the setlist again :lol: I agree that Estranged should open the encore but I'd be happy if they just moved it to later in the set. Sorry was about 2/3 of the way through the show right? If they won't play Estranged in the encore that'd be a good spot for it.

And, I hope Sorry stays in the setlist from now on. Melissa was fucking awesome on that, keep the song just for the backing vocals alone.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Haha, fuck no, Estranged can never leave the setlist again :lol: I agree that Estranged should open the encore but I'd be happy if they just moved it to later in the set. Sorry was about 2/3 of the way through the show right? If they won't play Estranged in the encore that'd be a good spot for it.

And, I hope Sorry stays in the setlist from now on too. Melissa was fucking awesome on that, keep the song just for the backing vocals alone.

Out of likes my friend but I agree with you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

eNzgYzE.gif

QJlCJkc.gif

I guess some things never change..

:P

Awesome to see the two gifs side by side. The second one pretty much shows why Slash didn't so much as blink when Axl tickled him in the first. He learned long ago to ignore outside influences (silly redheads) trying to throw him off his game.

• Like 2

Had a great time at the show last night, pit in the sweltering heat. I was maybe 30th in line heading down to the floor with the other pit people. My ticket was for Slash's side, but as I was walking towards the pit every single person in front of me went to Slash's side, not a single on on Duff's side. So I just went there and got a prime spot where the barricade starts to turn to go around the part of the stage that juts out.

The security guys there were great, very personable and chatty. They were kind enough to bring bottles of water every once in a while since it was so hot.

One of my friends from the Nightrain forum and I headed over to the GA line about 20 minutes before the GA gates opened and still got prime spots on the rail, so it doesn't seem critical to get there hours and hours ahead of time like some were. That will come in handy at Foxboro on Tuesday.

Yes, the show was fantastic. But we all knew that.

Got home at 5:15 in the morning, up at 6:45 to head to work. Still there. A bit tired right now.

Dan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanielCT said:

Had a great time at the show last night, pit in the sweltering heat. I was maybe 30th in line heading down to the floor with the other pit people. My ticket was for Slash's side, but as I was walking towards the pit every single person in front of me went to Slash's side, not a single on on Duff's side. So I just went there and got a prime spot where the barricade starts to turn to go around the part of the stage that juts out.

The security guys there were great, very personable and chatty. They were kind enough to bring bottles of water every once in a while since it was so hot.

One of my friends from the Nightrain forum and I headed over to the GA line about 20 minutes before the GA gates opened and still got prime spots on the rail, so it doesn't seem critical to get there hours and hours ahead of time like some were. That will come in handy at Foxboro on Tuesday.

Yes, the show was fantastic. But we all knew that.

Got home at 5:15 in the morning, up at 6:45 to head to work. Still there. A bit tired right now.

Dan

I was on Duff's side of the pit too, though I was to the left near Duff's "station". What an incredible time. Glad you had nice security guys on your end, the ones over at my end were being dicks about us smoking, but that's their job I guess. They quickly dealt with one girl in particular who was moshing like a maniac and causing fights, so that was appreciated. 

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Another selective reader.. Fucking block me

Some people fine, then play a song or two but 4?? I guarantee the majority would rather hear some a couple of those CD songs replaced with LIES or SI songs which they only played one of. Or UYI songs for that matter. So you can take that lol.. 

Now go block me please

The crowd probably would prefer a UYI song instead of a CD song, but if the band get off on playing a few songs off CD what's the issue? also, there are people out there that enjoy the material. It's definitely not 50/50 but a lot of people like CD material and are happy enough hearing it live. And for the people that aren't familiar with the album, I hadn't heard anything by Dublin 2006, no leaks etc. but I enjoyed hearing the songs and ended up scouring the internet for any and all leaks to hear the songs again.

Now, 4 songs in a 2.5hr set? from an album that isn't a definitive fan favourite? I agree, take 1 or two out... I think two CD songs per set would be a good balance. 

I love classic GNR and there are a bunch of songs that i'm dying to hear, that they haven't and continue to not play, but I still like that they are playing something relatively new and not completely going down the nostalgia reunion route. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cosmo said:

My all-time favorite band. All of their albums are great. Their latest is their weakest, but still has some great tunes. Wish Wolfmother would open for Guns N' Roses for the whole tour. I've never been to one of their concerts...

Ive never been to any of their concerts either ???

10 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

Guns N' Roses | Sorry | 07.14.2016 Philadelphia, PA (Two cams and remastered audio)
First time Guns N' Roses plays Sorry (with Slash and Duff) .
-------------
Guns N' Roses .  Lincoln Field, Philadelphia
Audio: remastered / two cams by Fernomenoyde
ALL CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS

Holy shit! They actually played it! Proved me wrong then. Maybe there's hope for Slither yet. And maybe even some other ChiDem songs. Wow.

• Like 1

Holy crap. Sorry?!!

See, what I really don't get is that despite Axl's protest that the song isn't even partly aimed at Slash and Duff is that he himself told us that Duff said "Just shut up and sing, Axl" and that Slash told him "No melodies, no lyrics, just shut up and sing." 

Whatever the truth, it's cool as fuck they're playing more CD stuff. You can see the intense look on Axl's face when they finish it and it clearly means a lot to him. I hope he reads the forum to see all the people with a stick up their ass about 'too many Chinese songs in the set' and does a bunch more just to fuck with them.

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Hahaha, check Axl's eyebrows raise up when Dizzy comes in wrong at 4:12, fucking funny. He's literally on the verge of dishing out a bollocking and saying "Start that part again...." when Dizzy saves it but Axl is fucking funny. Honestly, have a look. That's GIF material right there. 

I honestly cannot wait until Axl puts out the second half of Chinese and literally half the set is taken up by Chinese era songs that you hate :) Hopefully they'll play a minimum of 4 Chinese songs at every show and maybe an extra few at any you attend. 

Dizzy is abit like Barcelona's goal keeper, generally has fuck all to do so when he does screw up it's magnified ten times.

• Like 2