07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

On 7/10/2016 at 2:30 PM, Drakestar said:

Ugh, is it really that bad looking? I am going to wear my night train shirt from last year. I still have not received this years. Such a piss off that they finally get their stuff together and let the day club slide. Well I guess...the fan club has never ever functioned, so not a really high hill from which to slide.

If I were coming from Ottawa, I'd consider taking Via since you are probably spending the night anyway. Union station is literally down the street from Rogers Centre.

My boyfriend will wear the shirt he says - it's just too new and a heavier cotton than I like to wear. I should update my address - living near Huntsville these days. Going to stay on Bloor - have to Subway it to the show/back. It's okay, part of the fun I guess. Honestly I'm still a bit shell shocked any of this is actually happening. I have only watched one little recent live clip but not more as to not ruin the experience in Toronto. 

• Like 1

Hanging out in TO with family until 17th, any recommendations on things to do? I was last here in 2012 and checked out Distillery, St Lawrence, Kensington Market, etc. What time will people start going to the Loose Moose on the 16th? Even though I've got seats I'd like to get into the venue for a decent time since I hear event shirts sell out quickly.

7 hours ago, Amir said:

Hanging out in TO with family until 17th, any recommendations on things to do? I was last here in 2012 and checked out Distillery, St Lawrence, Kensington Market, etc. What time will people start going to the Loose Moose on the 16th? Even though I've got seats I'd like to get into the venue for a decent time since I hear event shirts sell out quickly.

If you want to see something hit up the ROM perhaps or the aquarium. If you want to do something and have an extra $200 do the edge walk. If you want to see and do, head on over Centre Island by ferry (about $7.50 return). Nice place to wonder around and you can see Toronto from a different perspective. 

I heard that as well about the shirts. I just figure that if they are gone (city specific), I can order one online if I have too. The concern with that though is that the shirt may never come (just like my nighttrain one).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jnfnps! said:

Anyone knows where the band may stay while in T.O?

Maybe the venue hotel? Or they just might head right out. If you look back in the archives it might give an idea of where they stayed before. That is the nice thing about Rogers centre, one elevator ride and you are at your room. One elevator ride also means you don't have to run into stalker fans.We saw a ballgame there and the opposing team stayed at the venue hotel, so maybe. Makes sense though when you are playing three or four games back to back.

If anyone is looking for a downtown hotel for Saturday that isn't a hostel or "guest house" as they call it is looking at $400 - $600.

Almost the entire city is sold out.

Very happy with my decision to book the Hilton Doubletree for $177 the day the Toronto tour date was announced.

The only decent "deal" right now seems to be the Eaton Centre Marriot on Expedia for $329 = $381 after tax.  3 rooms remaining at that price.

On 6/17/2016 at 8:33 PM, FuriousStyles said:

Good to know I'll be in no rush that night

Same! so unexcited about the opener. Thought for sure Sebastian would show up - maybe he'll do something in the actual show. I think he was at one or both of the Ottawa shows I attended years ago.

On 6/14/2016 at 11:55 AM, cooker said:

You and I are bringing wife's who are not big fans of GN'R... thank God they love us. 

My guy is also less than thrilled that I'm dragging him to the big city for this...he did enjoy seeing Slash with me a few years ago at Bluesfest so hopefully this doesn't suck too much for him. If I could bring a girlfriend I would have instead, we'd have more fun. It's a big downer being so so excited being next to someone who is bored/annoyed. 

On 7/11/2016 at 10:23 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

Bit the bullet and bought tix in section 125 limited view..please, please just be a skinny speaker stand! :nervous: And it looks like Steven may be continuing his guest spots! My God, this show is going to be fantastic..and I think Toronto needs to be the place for the Guns!And!Roses! chant..haven't heard it yet, I say we make it happen!  

I'll start it in my section!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, annablue said:

My guy is also less than thrilled that I'm dragging him to the big city for this...he did enjoy seeing Slash with me a few years ago at Bluesfest so hopefully this doesn't suck too much for him. If I could bring a girlfriend I would have instead, we'd have more fun. It's a big downer being so so excited being next to someone who is bored/annoyed. 

Haha. Hey, maybe the show will turn them around. Have fun. Did you get good seats? 

On 4/3/2016 at 0:42 PM, downzy said:

rogerscentre_tor_131114_4Z.gif

urbantoronto-4119-12270.jpg

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Toronto, ON

Rogers CentreSkydome

Capacity: 53, 506

Opener:

Forum Members Attending:

gunsguy, James Bond, ajyoli, PsychoKiss344, Cory Trevor, Nadonator99, nbarry93,

Huttz, Ebbie, Amir, zan, jonah, cooker, Hollywood Gunner, coolranchdressing!, Bmoodie,

Greener, Wake up its time to die, FuriousStyles, Zint, Downzy, kraneo, Drakestar,

hellobeatle, iluvduff, Scarstruck, foxmulder

Setlist:

Videos:

me too

3 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

No second night

And......No Steven????!?!?!?!?!?!?

giphy.gif

And Billy Talent? 

?

If Steven doesn't show i'll riot!!(Taking my 6 yrs old who is btw so into Guns ? will teach him how we riot in Canada! )

17 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

Has anyone been able to confirm GnR start time 100%?

Don't care when Billy Talent starts their set, only when it ends!

Could try asking Rogers Centre on Facebook, they were really fast about replying to my private message about the roof

• Like 1