07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

On 2016-07-11 at 10:03 AM, Maynard James Keenan said:

I was there and I remember it well.  Great show even though it was just Axl and Friends.  Bach and Trailer Park Boys opened.

I had an 1 1/2 hour drive home and had to work in the morning, damn you AXL.

Review: http://jam.canoe.com/Music/Artists/G/Guns_N_Roses/ConcertReviews/2006/11/16/2378410-sun.html

I went to the Toronto Show at the ACC back then, it was a Sunday if I remember correctly and AXL did hit the stage very very late, I think we finally got home at 3am to Barrie that day. !

• Like 1

I have contacts at the Rogers Centre my dad used to work there before he passed whether or not the roof will be open it's a decision to be made by the promoters and the band themselves they rent the Dome and can do whatever the hell they want if they want to leave it open while it rains they are allowed to do that as for the time GNR will hit the stage probably between 930 and 10 Billy Talent hits the stage at 8:30 gates open at 6:30. GNR will probably play till just after midnight 1215 or so. 

Date and Time
Saturday, July 16, 2016 Show time 8:30pm.

Gates
Gates open at 6:30pm

Ticket Information
Tickets go on sale Friday, April 8 @ 10:00am and are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, including Rogers Centre – Gate 9, charge-by-phone at 1-855-985-5000 or by visiting Ticketmaster.ca

Please be advised Ticketmaster is the only ticketing agentRogers Centre recognizes.  Any ticket purchases from a third party ticketing distributor cannot be confirmed as being valid byRogers Centre.

Suite Information:

Please call (416)341-1635 for suite rental information

Additional Event Information:

Professional cameras (3" lens or larger) and video/audio devices are not permitted.  Please also be advised of the following prohibited items:  selfie sticks, weapons, fireworks, air horns, glass bottles, cans, hard plastic containers or other potential projectiles, balloons, beach balls, Frisbees, laser pens and flashlights.

Due to high decibel levels, we recommend all guests to bring ear plugs to the show. Limited quantities will be available for purchase at select merchandise locations throughout the venue. 

For safety of our guests, we request you do not stand or permit your children to stand on their seats during the performance.

7 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

We are in a new era where we can actually plan for a 9:25 start time and expect it to be accurate. 

And to think there used to be a time where you could plan on not showing up until 10:30 or so!

As a side note - I won't be able to get to Toronto early enough for the forum meet-up but anybody who spots me inside is welcome to say hello. I'll be proudly displaying my official MYGNR "better than the old one" shirt. ;)

• Like 1