07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

Just now, Redout said:

are you staying in a hotel? Where are you coming from? I can give you good advice as i live right downtown and am looking out my office window right now looking at the rogers center knowing they are setting up, or about to anyways. 

coming from montreal... just gonna get a budget hotel room in the burbs to make up for the expensive ticket lol

Just now, Hollywood Gunner said:

coming from montreal... just gonna get a budget hotel room in the burbs to make up for the expensive ticket lol

Well if you are going to be in Mississauga or Brampton, know that its gonna be an hour trip there and back plus it will be busy as there is ALOT going on this weekend in Toronto.

If you were to stay in Mississauga alot of the budget hotels on Dundas street (east of dixie) are relatively close to the subway (kipling station) so you can take the subway there in about 30-40 minutes and uber it another 5 minutes to the hotel, may save you some time and a few bucks.

1 minute ago, Redout said:

Well if you are going to be in Mississauga or Brampton, know that its gonna be an hour trip there and back plus it will be busy as there is ALOT going on this weekend in Toronto.

If you were to stay in Mississauga alot of the budget hotels on Dundas street (east of dixie) are relatively close to the subway (kipling station) so you can take the subway there in about 30-40 minutes and uber it another 5 minutes to the hotel, may save you some time and a few bucks.

cool thanks... that was most likely the plan... just wasnt sure if itd be easier or cheaper to stay on the east side... would be less of a drive from montreal to brampton but the chick im going with wants to swing by niagara falls on sunday -_- lol

37 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

cool thanks... that was most likely the plan... just wasnt sure if itd be easier or cheaper to stay on the east side... would be less of a drive from montreal to brampton but the chick im going with wants to swing by niagara falls on sunday -_- lol

Definately stay on the EDIT: WEST then.  Tons of cheap hotels in Mississauga near the airport.

Edited by Maynard James Keenan
  • Like 1

• downzy changed the title to 07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO IN OP ~
11 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

Definately stay on the east then.  Tons of cheap hotels in Mississauga near the airport.

yeah thought brampton was more east but was just looking at the map and looks like theres some cheap spots off of dundas in mississauga and on kingston rd south of scarborough (not sure what part of town thats in but it looks like easier access by train to rogers center) if its anything like the east end of montreal though id rather stay away lol

• downzy changed the title to 07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~
15 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

yeah thought brampton was more east but was just looking at the map and looks like theres some cheap spots off of dundas in mississauga and on kingston rd south of scarborough (not sure what part of town thats in but it looks like easier access by train to rogers center) if its anything like the east end of montreal though id rather stay away lol

Then stay away lol, this is sound advice. 

16 minutes ago, downzy said:

This weekend is going to be nuts with the Toronto Indy going on.  I attempted to reserve some space at the Loose Moose but unfortunately they're jammed with everything that's going on.  

I encourage everyone to come by before the show.  I should be there no later than 4:00pm.  I will be bringing ten MYGNRFORUM t-shirts to give away.  Those wearing a MYGNRFORUM T-shirt will get a free drink or two if ordered from the right waiter/waitress (I'll point them out).  So wear your MYGNRFORUM T-shirt if you have one or come get one from me and have a few drinks on me!

Again, we'll be meeting at the Loose Moose, located on 146 Front Street. W.  It's a five minute walk from the Rogers Centre.  

I will be there! Save me a shirt! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

Haven't done the train to a concert thing in a long time.  Used to do it to Molson Ampitheatre a lot in the past.

For some reason I don't remember any GO Trains running after midnight but things may have changed.

I remember once having to leave a show before the encore to catch the 11:45 train back home :(

2 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

Haven't done the train to a concert thing in a long time.  Used to do it to Molson Ampitheatre a lot in the past.

For some reason I don't remember any GO Trains running after midnight but things may have changed.

I remember once having to leave a show before the encore to catch the 11:45 train back home :(

They definitely run after midnight, but wouldnt suggest it, subway alot of times is easier and faster, considering GNR is playing, Def Lepard is playing at amphitheatre and the honda indy going on, i wouldnt suggest taking the go, it will be packed full of lunatics lol

27 minutes ago, downzy said:

This weekend is going to be nuts with the Toronto Indy going on.  I attempted to reserve some space at the Loose Moose but unfortunately they're jammed with everything that's going on.  

I encourage everyone to come by before the show.  I should be there no later than 4:00pm.  I will be bringing ten MYGNRFORUM t-shirts to give away.  Those wearing a MYGNRFORUM T-shirt will get a free drink or two if ordered from the right waiter/waitress (I'll point them out).  So wear your MYGNRFORUM T-shirt if you have one or come get one from me and have a few drinks on me!

Again, we'll be meeting at the Loose Moose, located on 146 Front Street. W.  It's a five minute walk from the Rogers Centre.  

@downzy is da real mvp.

ok just to clarify this brampton and mississauga are west of toronto
scarborough is east of toronto
i think staying in scarborough side may be easier to travel in from as lakeshore is closed already form ontario place to starchan

this means all the traffic will be on the qew 

BTW where is everyone parking at? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redout said:

They definitely run after midnight, but wouldnt suggest it, subway alot of times is easier and faster, considering GNR is playing, Def Lepard is playing at amphitheatre and the honda indy going on, i wouldnt suggest taking the go, it will be packed full of lunatics lol

i might very well be one of those lunatics after i get a few drinks in me lol but naw, definitely doing the uber thing back after the show

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Just now, Hollywood Gunner said:

6 minutes ago, Redout said:

50,000 GnR lunatics will be enough.

1 minute ago, smiley_1979_007 said:

i think staying in scarborough side may be easier to travel in from as lakeshore is closed already form ontario place to starchan

It's actually very easy getting in and out of Toronto from the west end if you take the Go train along Lakeshore:

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/default.aspx

I'm actually going to be parking in Oakville and taking the Lakeshore West line into Union Station.  The train also makes stops at Mimico and Exhibition Place which are in Toronto.  Trains run every half hour and 24 hours. 

8 minutes ago, Redout said:

Meh, no worse than a Jays game :P

2 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

I'm staying in maple leaf square, hoping to get in around 3 tomorrow. I'm just gonna walk to the show, but should I have any issues getting to the hotel? 

Personally I reckon you'll be fine getting to the hotel that early. I expect the most congestion to be around the usual 4:00 to 5:00 window.

1 minute ago, smiley_1979_007 said:

Yeah the QEW will be the awful end of the stick. Anybody coming from the East should be fine. I expect back-up on the Gardiner for those avoiding the Lakeshore exits but beyond that getting in and parked should be fine. I don't think anything is going on the ACC so there's always the Bay lot. I recommend the parking garage on Lower Simcoe Street. Easy walk to Rogers and quiet access back to Lakeshore and the Gardiner afterwards.

Downzy also has a good point - the GO Train was made for congestion like this.