07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

5 hours ago, A7X said:

You know, I don't know if the pepole hanging out on this board are all 20 and 30 year olds but you all sound like a bunch whining little bitches. I am 48 years old and as much as I like hearing everyone's feedback on the shows I resent the constant bitching about the lack of periscope access. 

Believe it or not folks there was a time when we just went to concerts without knowing what the set list was going to be and you know what we had a blast. You are are all spoiled little pricks as far as I am concerned. The constant bitching every night about Axl not having enough rasp or his clean voice is gone is getting real old. Guys  this is is not 1988, if your expecting them to sound like that band every night you are dilousional. Another thing I see a lot of is, I guess Duff and Slash are just giving in and playing CD songs. What a crock of shit, like you personally know Duff and Slash.

i was at the Philly show and it was an unforgettable night. It ranks up there with the show I saw in Hearshey when they were in their prime. Just be glad they are back together and giving their all every night. 

I hate all the easy access that is available every night, sorry you all missed out at the excitement of not knowing everything before you go to a concert. 

You can all rip me now but I really don't give a shit.

Well said mate 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A7X said:

You know, I don't know if the pepole hanging out on this board are all 20 and 30 year olds but you all sound like a bunch whining little bitches. I am 48 years old and as much as I like hearing everyone's feedback on the shows I resent the constant bitching about the lack of periscope access. 

Believe it or not folks there was a time when we just went to concerts without knowing what the set list was going to be and you know what we had a blast. You are are all spoiled little pricks as far as I am concerned. The constant bitching every night about Axl not having enough rasp or his clean voice is gone is getting real old. Guys  this is is not 1988, if your expecting them to sound like that band every night you are dilousional. Another thing I see a lot of is, I guess Duff and Slash are just giving in and playing CD songs. What a crock of shit, like you personally know Duff and Slash.

i was at the Philly show and it was an unforgettable night. It ranks up there with the show I saw in Hearshey when they were in their prime. Just be glad they are back together and giving their all every night. 

I hate all the easy access that is available every night, sorry you all missed out at the excitement of not knowing everything before you go to a concert. 

You can all rip me now but I really don't give a shit.

Well said. 

It gets very tiredsome listening to people bitch about set lists because they periscoped 3 shows last week on this board and it's the same as tonight's show. 

Listening to people butch about KOHD or November rain like they shouldn't be on the set list is a fucking joke and the mods should be pulling up that stuff because as you say, it's killing the buzz of these live threads. You don't have to post you don't like NR, do we really need to know? There's countless people that do. 

Then the whole rasp topic is depressing as well, we get it, 2010 was the benchmark for the last 6 years, it's been repeated ad-nauseum on here forever. How the fuck anyone could make a real judgment based on some shitty periscope feed is beyond me? I swear so many people on here breaking down the songs based on those shitty feeds would have to be a joke??? But it doesn't seem to be because it's all we hear... Oh Axl went Mickey at the back end of SCOM of whatever the fuck. It gets very repetitive! 

anyway whatever, hope those that attended the show had a good time! Looks like another epic show! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Man, it's so great to hear Sorry. They play it so well and Axl sings it amazingly. And those who miss Axl's rants, doesn't this song sort of cover that? It's basically a rant song, and Axl even paces around in the beginning like he used to when he was giving his speeches. Damn it's good time to be alive! Despite the lack of new music.

wow 
hehe i found the booming guns at the start funny, also sometimes the guns changed to uzi and like an automatic, i kid you not.
The line up at gate 5 wow wtf really how did that happen anywho got in just as BIlly Talent was playing Falling leaves (which is the only song of thiers i know so i was happy)
GNR was awesome truly slash is wow, i did not know much about the other guitarist Fortus, but then i started listening to his solos and hey wow too. (slash is slash though eh)
the mix was good could hear the piano when needed.
totallly loved estranged, all the old stuff of the CD album i guess i liked CD and Sorry (cause of the solo)
tried to meet guys at loose moose but it was super corwded at 6pm and i could not know who was who. only managed to meet one person in my row with his family from this forum.
oh my phone died lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gunsguy said:

From the preshow to the concert itself we had a blast.  So cool seeing and meeting so many new faces and old faces from the forum.  The show was great, just got in at 440am and I'm wiped.  If I met you tonight quote this post and tag me in it ;)  want to keep in touch!  Or private message me, can't recall all usernames, many yes but not all!

Myself and my son loved it all, everyone was so damn cool tonight (or was that last night?)  

Hey @downzy thanks alot for holding that train for the 15 last calls ahahahah, seriously though thanks for everything tonight  !

The band  sounded great from my seats(was actually shocked being SkyDome does not have great acoustics) Axl brought the house down, people from the pit to the upper deck were having a great time.  During PC People were dancing on top of the dugouts!   Security was lax which was great, People leaving the venue had a great night from what I heard in the crowd.  Always cool to see "general public" enjoy the show and leave fulfilled.  I say that cause we here are a little spoiled knowing more than most.  The guy behind me when Coma started made me smile, he legit was in total shock they were playing that.

So tonight (last night? For me) Was a night to remember for fans in Toronto from all over the planet.  So fucking cool, so amazing that we get to see this In Our Lifetime!

Thank you again to all the fans that made this night even better for us, I mean that's what this is all about right?  For me it is, most definitely...

If Guns are coming near you or even further away get to a show!!!

Good to meet you @gunsguy as well as everyone else at the pre-party; I knew you would be a nice bunch :P And thank you @downzy for being such a wonderful host.

• Like 2