07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

38 minutes ago, Zint said:

Hence, buzzkill

Honest truth? Probably 50,000 of the 55,000 (or whatever the numbers were last night) were there because Slash and Duff were back with Axl. They wanted to have a few beers and listen to Slash wail on some classic GnR the way it was meant to be wailed on. They simply do not give a flying fuck about Chi Dem songs. The intense surge of energy at the start of the show (and for the other recognizable tunes) dissipated for Chi Dem songs.

I gotta say though, I saw a lot of people sit down, start texting, go for a pee break etc. during Coma, so.... yeah.
I'd say a good chunk of the people were there for Slash, Axl and Duff on the popular songs they recall from back in the day.

wow where should I send the prize for "discovery of the century"? :facepalm:

33 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Dont get me wrong, I love it and it sounded great last night. With that being said, i saw too many people sit down when Sorry started.

and? :shrugs:

In my shows people would sit down for Civil War or November Rain. Slower, melodic songs make you sit down, not because they are bad songs but because they require more focus than stuff like PC. 

17 minutes ago, izzyzz said:

LOL... Both Axl and Billy Talent singer commented about smelling the pot... I could smell it too in the PIT...

We need video of those comments!

Great show.  Having been at the Vegas show too, I have to say it makes a world of difference with Axl out of the chair.  The band also sounds tighter.  Looking forward to a more sober experience this Wednesday at Foxboro.

As for the obvious- Rogers still sucks for shows.  I was 5th row floor in A9 and sound was muddled.  Venue organization was a mess too.  Took one hour to get from security to our seats with beers.

Okay, got a few hours of sleep.

We had a fabulous day at Centre Island. Yes we did go to the Indian festival. I won't review that.

We got to Toronto right at 2, made great time from London, parked at headed to merch and will call. No line up at merch at all, so glad we went there first. Picked up two shirts and the litho (#58) for $155 I think. Guarded the litho with my life. I think it should come in a tube...it is a piece of paper for $50. We went to the other tables to see if someone had a lower number lite, but no dice. Glad we could go back to the car and ditch the stuff. I was actually disappointed that the truck wasn't there. Really wanted to see that.

I would like the official count. Getting in at gate 5 was fucked. It took us over an hour. The lady in front of my wife in the "purse line" was denied entry. She was completely hammered. I don't feel bad for her at all. We totally missed Billy Talent. Not heartbroken, but usually was like to see at least one of the openers song so we can say we saw them.

Once inside the crowd was scary and my main concern was protecting my daughter. People were literally pushed up against each other, I don't like feeling people breathing on me. I can see how people get injured. I could feel the crowd pulsing like a snake crushing it's kill. There were way to many out of hand drunk people in and around 113.

Met user Smiley (as he noted above), nice guy, looked excited. It was my 10th show, so I've felt the excitement before! So glad we were not on the floor. We needed our protected seat numbers!

The sound was horrible when Axl was speaking and his mic seemed to cut out a few times from where we were.  Might have been our location.

Out to get me was definitely a highlight as well as my fav Rocket Queen. Really liked the intro to better. Axl really hit some big sustained notes last night, unfortunatly the camera seem to be focus to much on Slash when this happened. I really like the CD songs and I would disagree with those that say the crowd hates them.

I really like Melissa.  She really adds to the backing of the higher octaves. I hate those stupid looking headphone though. Damn she is cute.

It was rough getting out of there as well. We waited until security made us leave. The drive home was tiring.

Article from the my local paper which is a couple hours away:

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/07/17/guns-n-roses-rock-toronto-with-reunion-gig

Go see this band!

• Like 2

The way i see it. I dont see many vocalists out there who have the balls to belt out with so much range and passion. Not even considering age.  Very very few hard rock singers with any range can hold out theyre voice as Axl has managed over the years. Huge respect for that.  SLASH IS SLASH. DUFF IS DUFF.  Ferrer pace and tempo is perfect imo now. And Fortus kicks ass.

Great show. My only downer is that the prices were way to ass breaking. I always go GA floors. Last 3 gnr shows i been to have been right up at the stage. Over a 1000 for a ticket is jus too much.  

Regardless... GNFNR!!!!!

12 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

I have to agree, "Sorry" killed the crowd. I had been looking forward to hearing it, but everyone around me sat down or left. 

I think vocally it was really good. We sat down for parts of the extended guitar solos because I was tired and my feet needed a break haha. I think the many many extended guitar songs and jamming kill the crowd.

• Like 1

Highlights for me:

- Slash at the end of Double Talkin Jive. WOW!

- Estranged (they really got all the sounds of the vocals and instruments just right at this point in the show)

- Coma (absolutely amazing and so hard, best song of the night for me)

- Axl's voice in 2016

Lowlights:

- Billy Talent 

- Sorry/Better REALLY sucked the life out of the crowd

- Paradise City sounded like a mess but is was still a fun closer

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

I think vocally it was really good. We sat down for parts of the extended guitar solos because I was tired and my feet needed a break haha. I think the many many extended guitar songs and jamming kill the crowd.

It sounded fine, the song itself is just kind of a downer. If they want to do a 4th song from CD it should probably be a rocker 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gunsguy said:

From the preshow to the concert itself we had a blast.  So cool seeing and meeting so many new faces and old faces from the forum.  The show was great, just got in at 440am and I'm wiped.  If I met you tonight quote this post and tag me in it ;)  want to keep in touch!  Or private message me, can't recall all usernames, many yes but not all!

Myself and my son loved it all, everyone was so damn cool tonight (or was that last night?)  

Hey @downzy thanks alot for holding that train for the 15 last calls ahahahah, seriously though thanks for everything tonight  !

The band  sounded great from my seats(was actually shocked being SkyDome does not have great acoustics) Axl brought the house down, people from the pit to the upper deck were having a great time.  During PC People were dancing on top of the dugouts!   Security was lax which was great, People leaving the venue had a great night from what I heard in the crowd.  Always cool to see "general public" enjoy the show and leave fulfilled.  I say that cause we here are a little spoiled knowing more than most.  The guy behind me when Coma started made me smile, he legit was in total shock they were playing that.

So tonight (last night? For me) Was a night to remember for fans in Toronto from all over the planet.  So fucking cool, so amazing that we get to see this In Our Lifetime!

Thank you again to all the fans that made this night even better for us, I mean that's what this is all about right?  For me it is, most definitely...

If Guns are coming near you or even further away get to a show!!!

Best GNR show so far on this tour.  Axl was in a great mood.  Band was on point.  Crowd was involved.  Yes security was very lucky I only seen him get involved in one incident in my section and it was for some drunk bitch that passed out over another guy's seat.  It was funny cuz security originally came down to ask the guy why you was dancing in the aisle instead of it in his row.  He pointed and said... Ugh this is why lol. Standouts for me.  GNR played Civil War and Sorry!  EPIC show!  The atmosphere was orgasmic. Great meeting Downzy n Gunsguy.  The perfect hosts for our pre-party! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gackt said:

At least 90% of people who go to GnR shows only know tracks like Jungle, Sweet Child and Paradise City :lol: 

I think that number is way inflated, my section which was a big section knew alot of the songs and danced and sang to them

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't make any obvious remarks so keep the prize.

You didn't?, k, have a nice day.

The quietness of the audience is due to 1) most people not knowing the song and 2) people actually listening to the soothing melody and the serious lyrics.