07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

15 hours ago, izzyzz said:

Alright, this is the last one I got...

*Some of the earlier videos I posted got f**cked up by YouTube stabilization enhancement, they're in the process of being reverted to originals. Sorry about shaky cam -- you try to stand still at a GN'R show! LOL...

oh i wouldn't even try! that's why i depend on the kindness of those like you who do it! thanks to you and all who post these :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

still somewhat hung over from saturday and not fully recovered from the almost 900 miles i drove lol but im too blown away to even write a review... one thing that really stood out to me was duffs stage presence... ive seen both axl and slash in recent years and love them both, no one even comes close but i wasnt expecting duff to make such a difference... its hard to explain but you could just feel him standing there (i was in the pit) the next coolest part was the buzz in downtown toronto before the show... ive loved guns for close to 30 years now and have never been able to share that love with complete strangers lol just felt amazing... drove to niagara falls the next afternoon which is a good 80 miles away and at least 5 people asked if i was at the show since i was wearing a tour shirt... id definitely say theyre back and the only things that are missing for this to really explode are izzy and a new album :headbang:

i'm jealous. not so much about the concert as i was in Vegas and am going to the SF show next month but i have always wanted to see Niagara Falls. so that on top of the concert very cool ;)

• Like 1

still somewhat hung over from saturday and not fully recovered from the almost 900 miles i drove lol but im too blown away to even write a review... one thing that really stood out to me was duffs stage presence... ive seen both axl and slash in recent years and love them both, no one even comes close but i wasnt expecting duff to make such a difference... its hard to explain but you could just feel him standing there (i was in the pit) the next coolest part was the buzz in downtown toronto before the show... ive loved guns for close to 30 years now and have never been able to share that love with complete strangers lol just felt amazing... drove to niagara falls the next afternoon which is a good 80 miles away and at least 5 people asked if i was at the show since i was wearing a tour shirt... id definitely say theyre back and the only things that are missing for this to really explode are izzy and a new album :headbang:

I work in the Falls and saw quite a few Guns/Toronto shirts yesterday. Great stuff!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i'm jealous. not so much about the concert as i was in Vegas and am going to the SF show next month but i have always wanted to see Niagara Falls. so that on top of the concert very cool ;)

I am actually really happy seeing fortus seems he is a great fit. Be nice if Izzy helped with any future music. 

• Like 1

i wasnt expecting duff to make such a difference... its hard to explain but you could just feel him standing there

I was in the 500 level and naturally watch a bunch of the show on the video screen.  I'm not sure the camera operators knew Duff was there.  

Great closeups of the Slash guitar work though.  I've seen Slash with Velvet Revolver before where he was also amazing but nothing beats seeing him where he belongs.

32 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

I was in the 500 level and naturally watch a bunch of the show on the video screen.  I'm not sure the camera operators knew Duff was there.  

Great closeups of the Slash guitar work though.  I've seen Slash with Velvet Revolver before where he was also amazing but nothing beats seeing him where he belongs.

Here here!!

I have listen to countless  hours of all the shows to date. The solos seemed very tight including the one slash played pre good father theme. And they most be listening cause KOHD sounded quite all right too and I am including Fortus- his pieces were very good.

Overall a great show!!!

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

definitely worth the trip if youre ever around toronto... im 7 hours away and probably never woulda made the trip if it wasnt for the concert but im glad i did

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

man its impossible to explain but just the feeling of those 3 guys on stage together was something else... felt way different than any other show ive been to and ive done the ucap

1 minute ago, fallglimmer said:

there was a parade of us on the way back to Montreal

hoping we get a gig here at some point but yeah i saw the quebec plates on my way to and from

• Like 1

Just now, Hollywood Gunner said:

man its impossible to explain but just the feeling of those 3 guys on stage together was something else... felt way different than any other show ive been to and ive done the ucap

I agree and noticed many times where on the extended front part of the stage just Axl, Slash and Duff were together and everyone else was in the background.  We are lucky to have experienced this "in our lifetime".

7 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

hoping we get a gig here at some point but yeah i saw the quebec plates on my way to and from

it would be cool if the three of them came back to Olympic Stadium and "finished" the show

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

If you ever go, stick to the Canadian side. Niagara Falls, NY is garbage in comparison.

• Like 2