07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

1 hour ago, fallglimmer said:

it would be cool if the three of them came back to Olympic Stadium and "finished" the show

agreed but i think the shit poor condition of the big o is the only reason we didnt get a date this time... it woulda sold out in minutes but im just assuming the band didnt wanna play there due to the shit sound quality... seem to remember axl saying he couldnt hear himself at the riot show and whether or not that was the true reason he walked off stage, i doubt we'll see them here again until the next arena tour... unless we get a new stadium (fingers crossed)

On 7/16/2016 at 6:29 PM, KeyserSoze said:

doors are open?

CnhRcOyWAAAMLX2.jpg

Wow that's me and my wife in the pic on the far left, just below the statue of...is it Ted Rogers?  I've got dark glasses and she's got a reddish pink dress with the reddish coloured hair.  Just kinda funny to see this pic.  But anyway, GnR put on a great show, lifelong fan since Appetite came out and this was such an amazing concert.  Totally loved it and can't believe I got to see Axl onstage with Slash and Duff.  I thought everyone in the band was awesome!  Was totally worth the seven hour drive from Manitoulin Island to see this.  Now all that needs to happen is for the Leafs to win the cup and life will be complete!!

• Like 1

New question... who was, or saw someone who was, crying during the concert? My buddies are telling me i was crying, and that at some point, everyone was crying lol. They're not even huge GnR fans like i am.. but they did say it was the best concert they've ever been to. they've never been to a GnR concert before.

Just adding a couple pictures that my daughter took. Not the greatest, but a Section 113 perspective. It truly was a fantastic show, other than the crushing crowd and periodically questionable sound quality it was a great nights. Still exhausted two days later.

image1(1).JPG

image2(1).JPG

image4.JPG

Edited by Drakestar
delete video...will try again later.

8 minutes ago, ajyoli said:

New question... who was, or saw someone who was, crying during the concert? My buddies are telling me i was crying, and that at some point, everyone was crying lol. They're not even huge GnR fans like i am.. but they did say it was the best concert they've ever been to. they've never been to a GnR concert before.

nope didn't see any crying. The only time that I ever saw an entire arena in tears was at a Martina McBride concert a couple of years ago. It was the song "Concrete Angel". Powerful song and touching/sad/horrific pictures/videos. It was rough but fantastic at the same time.

OT anyone witness the fight inside gate 15 where guy punched woman right in the face. 

I went to notify security, but cop came I said shouldn't hit woman asshole,  under any circumstances. 

He was arrested. 

My friend works for York region, he said something like 90 percent of violent domestic are alcohol fuelled. Makes sense. 

Needless to say this guy missed the show, he deserved the arrest, she should have been kicked out as she did punch him and attack him, as I said man up walk away when in that situation. 

My guess says she won't testify against him which is a joke, she will defend him, ladada same crap. This definitely wasn't first violent attack between them could tell. 

Didn't let that spoil the mood, only issue I saw that night 

36 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Haha, you have no idea what you missed!

I just meant that baseball stadiums are the worst for concerts in my opinion. Every seat is so far away. I have been to many shows at Comerica Park and it sucks there for concerts also, unless you are main floor. Don't worry about me I saw them in Vegas, Detroit and next week I will see them in Orlando. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomcat said:

Wow that's me and my wife in the pic on the far left, just below the statue of...is it Ted Rogers?  I've got dark glasses and she's got a reddish pink dress with the reddish coloured hair.  Just kinda funny to see this pic.  But anyway, GnR put on a great show, lifelong fan since Appetite came out and this was such an amazing concert.  Totally loved it and can't believe I got to see Axl onstage with Slash and Duff.  I thought everyone in the band was awesome!  Was totally worth the seven hour drive from Manitoulin Island to see this.  Now all that needs to happen is for the Leafs to win the cup and life will be complete!!

Sorry but my Dallas Stars are going to take it this year

2 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

I was up fairly close, but the sound to me wasn't any worse than it is at arena shows.

Saying this purely based on the videos I saw on YouTube... It seems that the further away you were, the worse the sound was... lots of echo towards 100s, 200s, 500s sections... I was in GA PIT so can't complain. :)

11 hours ago, BigD62 said:

I just meant that baseball stadiums are the worst for concerts in my opinion. Every seat is so far away. I have been to many shows at Comerica Park and it sucks there for concerts also, unless you are main floor. Don't worry about me I saw them in Vegas, Detroit and next week I will see them in Orlando. 

I agree. I was on the floor and still (A4) poor view. So off to the side; and there were 2 more sections off to the side of me! But still AWSOME (as I switched seat w friend who was A6 3rd row)

18 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

I agree. I was on the floor and still (A4) poor view. So off to the side; and there were 2 more sections off to the side of me! But still AWSOME (as I switched seat w friend who was A6 3rd row)

What a friend!

• downzy unpinned this topic
On July 17, 2016 at 0:49 AM, Wake up its time to die said:

On way home now.... Unbelievable show.  Can't emphasize enough how little justice periscope streams do to this show in person. 

Axl was unfucking real. 

That's how it works for every show, it isn't just a GnR thing. Shows always sound better in person than they do on a phone or laptop.

But glad you had fun. The boys are killing it.