07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

3 hours ago, Ebbie said:

Floor / GA Pit is $250 (Canadian). I paid about $280 in total.

okok thats more or less what i was expecting... not bad considering its my favorite band but im gonna try n get two so i can bring this chick im "seeing" since its a 6 hour drive from montreal so she better be grateful lol chances are i wont be seeing her by july tho so the next chick better be grateful hahaha

any idea if ill have a hard time getting GA on friday? like should i make sure i take a bathroom break at work at 9:55 orrrr ? lol

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Yea I have no clue what those would be for, I was wondering that myself.

2 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Anyone able to get any tix at all today?  I can't pull anything up.

Also. Can someone explain these 2 cutouts, been years since I was at a stadium show and I have no idea: (some kind of tower obstruction?) tickets I have say nothing about obstructed view

Untited 1.jpg

Citi credit card pre sale worked only for stadiums in the US... Toronto was not included. Blagh.

Edited by Ebbie
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, cooker said:

I'll be there. 

Anyone interested in a meet up? 

might be down for a drink (or ten lol) if theres some sort of forum meetup prior to the show... not sure if ill be driving down friday or saturday tho, depends on if i can get the 15th off work and i wont know for another month or two :( if i have to drive all day saturday im gonna need a nap before the show lol and i havnt confirmed tickets yet so im still waiting on that

any idea what the chances are of GA being sold out within minutes of them going on sale to the general public tho? im hesitating on forking out the extra 45$ for nightrain

22 hours ago, Nadonator99 said:

Will be there :headbang:  Scored Civil War vip tix (on Duff's side), looking forward to seeing Axl & Slash together, wasn't an option in my Youth living in the maritimes.  Bad Obsession & Patience brings us to the Jungle baby!!!

I was just in your city yesterday... can't wait for the concert!

20 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

any idea what the chances are of GA being sold out within minutes of them going on sale to the general public tho? im hesitating on forking out the extra 45$ for nightrain

Sounds like most people aren't getting GA through Nightrain, so chances might be better on Friday. I think they'll sell out instantly though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cooker said:

33 minutes ago, Janabis said:

Sounds like most people aren't getting GA through Nightrain, so chances might be better on Friday. I think they'll sell out instantly though.

cool. thanks for the heads up... ill take my chances friday... is there a virtual waiting line or something that opens a bit before 10 ? (they do that here for playoff hockey) or is it just a 10am free for all?

6 minutes ago, CDNGNR said:

Anybody know if you can check what tickets (if any) are available through NT membership before signing up?  I don't want to pay the premium of a membership and end up with nosebleeds (or nothing) anyways...

I can't pull up any seats with my membership. So I'd skip it and wait till Friday.

Thanks for the confirmation - ticketmaster has a membership/ticket combo option that didn't seem to be working so I wasn't sure if it was just flakey or because the presale is sold out.  I've seen some sites reference a Live Nation Mobile App presale on Thursday - installed the app, but not sure if I'll get any codes or anything from them.

I managed to get two SIDE BY SIDE floor A row 14...I had to buy them ONE BY ONE...I was so lucky tho' that I got them side-by-side. I ended up buying 2 more section B (as my hubby had NT membership as well) for my friends who wanna go, but unfortunately they don't want my tix b/c they're NOT side-by-side (so if anyone wants section B single digit rows I may have one left. I'm selling at face value..PM me). Either way it's interesting how out of all the concert locations T.O. has the most activity on this forum lol....us Canadians are hardcore! know wonder Slash is known for loving Toronto (and the girls! :heart:)

• Like 1

All of the Nightrain tickets, including VIP tickets are sold out. The only reason to get a Nightrain membership now would be if they added a second Toronto show... You would then receive a password for that particular upcoming GNR show.

I would upgrade to GA if it were available to me, but my goal would be section A6, A7 or A8 rows 1 - 4. But Aerosmith once sang, "Dream on!!!!!" :P

I will let you all know how I goes on Thursday and Friday :)

@coolranchdressing - I'm ready for my jumbotron close up :D

7 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Anyone able to get any tix at all today?  I can't pull anything up.

Also. Can someone explain these 2 cutouts, been years since I was at a stadium show and I have no idea: (some kind of tower obstruction?) tickets I have say nothing about obstructed view

Untited 1.jpg

My best educated guess would be some type of tower obstruction for extra speakers given the size and sound delay ratio of the Rogers. I can't remember what AC/DC was like for the floor layout or I'd have a better idea.

5 hours ago, cooker said:

I was just in your city yesterday... can't wait for the concert!

Thanks cooker looking forward to it as well....guys for the two sections with the arrows on the seating chart those are the vip A and vip B riser sections for the Civil War package, that's were I ended up getting my tix (Had to try it once in this lifetime, for you know, the not in this lifetime thing)...:wow::wow::wow:

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Nadonator99 said:

Thanks cooker looking forward to it as well....guys for the two sections with the arrows on the seating chart those are the vip A and vip B riser sections for the Civil War package, that's were I ended up getting my tix (Had to try it once in this lifetime, for you know, the not in this lifetime thing)...:wow::wow::wow:

I think he meant the strange cutouts of the sections just behind the Civil War VIP spots. I can see they chopped B2 and B9 ever so slightly because the sight line of the back rows would probably be slightly blocked by the Civil War spots, but B4 and B7 are strange indeed. Again, my best guess is to make room for extra speaker towers. They do that for festival outdoor shows a lot - extra speaker towers near the front of house sound guys that project the sound at a slight delay for those at the back and beyond. I don't know the whole physics/acoustics explanation for it but basically if you're at the very back of the Rogers lower bowl, you're so far from the stage that by the time the sound reaches you it doesn't "match" what you're actually seeing. The extra speakers get set up to eliminate that as much as possible.

On the other topic - my guess is the roof will remain closed if only because of the late night that this concert will be.

holy crap looks like the tix i got during the NT presale were the best ones... I'm not getting anything during the FOTL resale, and they just released PLATINUM SEATING.. which is the closest rows on the floor at $850 each!!! At that point, should have gotten the VIP tix with perks.