07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

19 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

the longer ppl keep buying resale the longer itll take them to announce a second show... and im pretty sure they will once resale slows down.... 600$ a pop for 250$ tickets is gauging the fans a bit imo... fuckin ticketmaster

I could be wrong but many of the places where 2nd shows were announced had significant re-sales available and even regular tickets (Foxboro, MA).  Re-sale still means it's sold.  I couldn't see them dragging out announcing another batch of 50000 tickets in order to guarantee a service fee off the resale tickets.  But who knows... 

9 hours ago, hellobeatle said:

I could be wrong but many of the places where 2nd shows were announced had significant re-sales available and even regular tickets (Foxboro, MA).  Re-sale still means it's sold.  I couldn't see them dragging out announcing another batch of 50000 tickets in order to guarantee a service fee off the resale tickets.  But who knows... 

significant resales available and significant resales actually selling are two different things... but youre right, who knows

id rather take my chances the day of the event tho... doubt ill pay more than what theyre going for now an hour after the doors open

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

A second date would definitely sell in Toronto.  

No question that the fans in the GTA would exceed the 50K that has already been sold, its easy to tell by the lack of resale seats available at reasonable prices.

Sunday show would be a lessor draw, but there is no limitation with Jays as they are out of town for a little while after.

I don't see why they wouldn't add a second show.

Not sure how long it takes to take down and assemble what is needed for their concert.  Do they use stage equipment that is at the venue or travel with it?  This is also new to me

Hello! I am interested in selling one of my two "platinum" tickets at face value.

It is section A6, Row 3, Seat 6. I paid $875 for this ticket, and am selling it for $875. Please send me a PM if interested. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 2016-05-02 at 8:27 AM, krazejeff said:

Odd to see advertising when the show is sold out.  Not a benefit.

Amazing how quick Toronto sold, resale on ticketmaster is really expensive.

I wouldn't read anything in to this, just making a point

They're still selling "Official Platinum Seats". My understanding is both Ticketmaster and the artist/management benefit from this form of scalping.

I am still doubtful about the 2nd date based on their already tight schedule, but you never know.

Watching a trend, for instance there are Pearl jam tickets available for both shows this week on ticketmaster face value at the moment. 

I have seen events release tickets in advance of almost all shows and I think gnr will be no exception. 

Resale prices are insane for Toronto for this show 

Just now, Black Sabbath said:

Crazy to think that the first show to sell out hasn't gotten a second date.

We'll,  it's wise tbh. Look at all the other second dates. They're 80% empty. You can legit get front row seats for quite a few of the second dates. Ticket sales for the second dates are extremely poor. Wouldn't be surprised if they get pulled, and based off the sales of the second dates, I doubt the promoters are going to want to add another toronto show. It's basically adding more loss to an already huge loss

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

a second show in t.o.would probably sell out... half the people going to the first would probably go to the second as well... only hick up i see in adding a second show would be that if it was on a sunday well ppl that work monday might say fuck it

Agreed. Many if not most already put in their vacation requests for the summer months ago. It would be difficult for me to get the Monday off and driving home after would suck.  Toronto has a large population to draw from though. However the foreign population is huge there...and they ain't comin'. Foreign, as in first generation immigrants who are just trying to scrape money together to succeed in a new land. $250 tickets would be a hard sell.

3 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

Still a little surprised there is no date in Montreal, it's not like the stadium has a busy schedule 

the stadium is crumbling though lol its literally a piece of shit in the wrong part of town  (hence why we lost the expos) plus theres the whole riot history and why axl walked off stage... i would flip the fuck out if they added a show here tho

im still ticketless but got the days off work so im pretty sure im gonna be T.O bound that friday morning... dont think im gonna bite on those overpriced resale tickets though... ill go get drunk and wander around outside the venue once the opening act goes on and will surely find someone willing to unload tickets at or below face value... unless one of you kind gents would happen to come across two pit tickets at a decent price then lemme know

• Like 1