07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

1 minute ago, hellobeatle said:

He opened for them in Toronto in 2006 and 2010 too.

He grew up in Peterborough which is just down the road. He likely has family there and a local following that may all come down to see him in TO (along with GNR). So there is definitely a chance. I wouldn't mind seeing him (again), but would appreciate another option.

11 hours ago, Huttz said:

I saw him open for them at both these shows, hoping for a different opener this time around.

My thoughts exactly. It would feel very "been there, done that" even though he's good opener. Alice would have been my pick but alas.

I doubt it's gonna be someone as big as AIC or Lenny.

Look at the dates that they are supporting. All the second dates are pretty much empty, specially the Gillette stadium one.

The promoters realized probably the only way to sell those empty seats are if you get a good opener.

With the toronto gig sold out and the promoters not having to worry about poor ticket sales, they're likely going to try to spend as little money as possible on a supporting act. 

14 hours ago, hellobeatle said:

He opened for them in Toronto in 2006 and 2010 too.

He did? Well its nice that they obviously show support for each other...but..this could potentially be the fourth time someone has seen Sebastian Bach opening for Guns in Toronto?!  haha, we are caught in a time warp over here! (and that's why we all still love the band enough to sell it out in 3 minutes) :lol:

1 hour ago, Amir said:

I assumed it would be The Cult?

I would be down with this..but didn't someone say in another section of the forum that they would be opening for non N.A dates? I don't know, I can't keep all the rumours and speculations straight around here..The Cult would be totally great though!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I would be down with this..but didn't someone say in another section of the forum that they would be opening for non N.A dates? I don't know, I can't keep all the rumours and speculations straight around here..The Cult would be totally great though!

I highly doubt it will be The Cult, they are playing a show around here in June.

3 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I highly doubt it will be The Cult, they are playing a show around here in June.

Really? I didn't see any tickets for them for Canada except Montreal and Alberta..maybe something in Ottawa..where have you heard they are playing? I'd like to see them.

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Really? I didn't see any tickets for them for Canada except Montreal and Alberta..maybe something in Ottawa..where have you heard they are playing? I'd like to see them.

They are playing "The Sound Of Music" festival in Burlington, ON on June 11th

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Are you serious? I'm not sure what I think about this, ha! But thank you, I'm off to Burlington June 11!

Sound Of Music is a good time!

9 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

They are playing "The Sound Of Music" festival in Burlington, ON on June 11th

Burlington, Ontario....where I grew up.

Edited by PsychoKiss344

4 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Burlington, Ontario....my hometown.

It's a very nice town.

7 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

They're playing in thunderbay the day of Gnr toronto show

Noooo. Actually, im ok, apparently I'm going to the Sound of Music! And I think I saw I Mother Earth on the advert too, cool.