07/19/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium

downzy

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'm sure they figure all this stuff out on the rehearsals, but it's fun to think that in the beginning Slash and co. goes "oh shit, Axl's already at the end of his 'dieeee' scream, I guess we better start the song". And Axl is thinking "goddamit, I just gave you a really long ass scream and you are still playing the first intro notes?!".

• Like 2

I'll just echo the sentiments of everyone else who went -- that was an amazing show. I was in the first row on the field on the right side and had a great view. Even the parts of the set that kind of lag when I watch at home were energetic and exciting last night. No one in my vicinity knew the CD songs (in fact when I pointed out Frank in the pit during Lenny's set to the people next to me they asked me who he was :facepalm:), but that's okay, I just sang louder to pick up the slack.

Getting out of the parking lot was a pain in the ass, but that's what you sign up for with a stadium event. I was thinking of hanging out at one of the restaurants at Patriot Place to let it clear out a bit first tonight, but I'm not sure if any of those places stay open after events. Does anyone know? If not, it shouldn't be as bad with so many less people going.

Speaking of tonight, I'm in the pit, which I had a good chance to scope out last night. It didn't really start to fill in until midway through Lenny's set. I'm not sure if I'm going to try and go for the rail or just hang back. I have some back issues that make standing for a long time pretty painful, but I'll see how it is when I get there. Can't wait!

P.S. I've attached some pictures below, not sure how they'll come out on the forum because they're pretty big files.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gnr>everything said:

I'll just echo the sentiments of everyone else who went -- that was an amazing show. I was in the first row on the field on the right side and had a great view. Even the parts of the set that kind of lag when I watch at home were energetic and exciting last night. No one in my vicinity knew the CD songs (in fact when I pointed out Frank in the pit during Lenny's set to the people next to me they asked me who he was :facepalm:), but that's okay, I just sang louder to pick up the slack.

Getting out of the parking lot was a pain in the ass, but that's what you sign up for with a stadium event. I was thinking of hanging out at one of the restaurants at Patriot Place to let it clear out a bit first tonight, but I'm not sure if any of those places stay open after events. Does anyone know? If not, it shouldn't be as bad with so many less people going.

Speaking of tonight, I'm in the pit, which I had a good chance to scope out last night. It didn't really start to fill in until midway through Lenny's set. I'm not sure if I'm going to try and go for the rail or just hang back. I have some back issues that make standing for a long time pretty painful, but I'll see how it is when I get there. Can't wait!

P.S. I've attached some pictures below, not sure how they'll come out on the forum because they're pretty big files.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

great pics! glad you had such a good time! :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So Lenny has a Slash mixed with Howard Stern and a Frank in his band 

His guitarist's face almost looks like Joe Perry. The hair throws it off but I'm embarrassed to admit I thought it might have been Perry for a few seconds. Now THAT would be a nice surprise for night 2. A little Mama Kin with Steven and Joe for the hometown crowd?

Edited by gnr>everything

World on Fire, Slash's last solo album with MKTG and the C.

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I know another thing which would be much better

Frank watching Steven on the drums like a casual attendee! 

I like you watching Steven watching Frank playing better.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

You'll be fine tonight. There will be less than half the amount of people than last nights show. They are expecting 19,000 tonight.

Last night shit all over Vegas

I felt the same way in Pittsburgh.  I think a huge part of that was the fact that Axl is now mobile, and that really changes the whole feel of the show.  But the band is definitely on fire-and I'm thinking they can only get better from here.

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Tom-Ass Really enjoyed reading your review, I was waiting to see what you had to say cos I know you wont sugar coat anything :lol:

You just made me even more jealous that this band isn't coming to Europe any time soon, but great review and thanks for writing it :) 

Thanks Spidey. Be patient, they will be there soon enough!

• Like 2

Quick Review

The show was really great overall.  Lenny Kravitz really did a good set despite a few technical hiccups.  

Axl was on point for most of the show and his quality of voice wasn't really a big issue.  

Slash played great, and I was impressed with fortus as well.

Very few criticisms about the show itself, the only thing I noticed was that although Axl still performs well he looks frail and weathered these days.

It was a really awesome show, but I get the impression that the main glue that holds this tour together weighs heavily on leaning on the past rather then a continuation of the GnR story.  

4 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Since when does Axl sing the intro like this? Close your eyes and you can hear 90's WTTF...

DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE?

:wub:

Ohhhh fuck... That scream???? THAT SCREEEEEAM?? man he is just out of this world... I sooo need to see this

• Like 1