07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

downzy

I was originally planning on going to the Atlanta show but ended up choosing New Orleans instead since I'm in Pensacola, FL and NO is closer and it was on a Sunday instead of middle of the week.  It was easier to take off work for just a Monday, I grew up in North Georgia and went to the show at Phillips back in 2011 I believe when new GNR came through after so many years.  I think it was the first time Axl was back in Atlanta since he was arrested there years ago lol.

• Like 1

Song for Guardians of the Galaxy 2? Total guess though based on previous speculation of others. Might not even be them in the studio anyway, though dates seem coincidental and if a song is written already recording at least some of it in a day wouldn't be too difficult

Edited by GibsonLP

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Someone in another gnr forum said he has inside info from a studio in Atlanta that it's been booked by a big band for 2 days. That's it.

Guns (the big 3) can easily bang out a kick ass album on this tour. Axl's "problem" was he was with inferior musicians  since '93.  Insert Slash n Duff and you have the genuine trust, talent and chemistry.   Here we go...strap in/buckle up, gonna be a crazy next few years.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Original said:

Guns (the big 3) can easily bang out a kick ass album on this tour. Axl's "problem" was he was with inferior musicians  since '93.  Insert Slash n Duff and you have the genuine trust, talent and chemistry.   Here we go...strap in/buckle up, gonna be a crazy next few years.  

I'd say the musicians Axl was with after he broke up with Slash and Duff were extremely talented but their ability to write a classic rock record was never going to be there. People want Guns in that category of Led Zeppelin, and the Rolling Stones. 

So to be successful they are going to need to tap into that AFD sound again and come out with some energy. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Original said:

I'm not sure about that. I mean the 3 of them could never write together without Izzy....I mean we got a cover album once he left lol

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, theconspirator said:

I'm not sure about that. I mean the 3 of them could never write together without Izzy....I mean we got a cover album once he left lol

Oh you'd be suprised- just a little patience my friend.  We'll have new music (real as in no old CD shit) soon.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

Any truth to the rumours of the band having studio time in Atlanta while they're there

I doubt it. Seems like they're on a time crunch.

Also, those rumors are just going back to Axls appearance in Atlanta from back in March. New music was the rumor for the guardians of galaxy soundtrack, then the acdc thing leaked and we found out Axl was in Atlanta for ACDC. So... 

Edited by Billsfan

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I doubt it. Seems like they're on a time crunch.

Also, those rumors are just going back to Axls appearance in Atlanta from back in March. New music was the rumor for the guardians of galaxy soundtrack, then the acdc thing leaked and we found out Axl was in Atlanta for ACDC. So... 

You're probably right. Got a bit of a time machine with a private jet though and they could fly into the next show an hour before showtime for all we know. But all just guesses based on wishing and dreaming from a weak rumour so yeah,  not much to get excited about here it seems

anyone interested in buying e-Tickets My daughter has tickets for this show, but her boyfriend had to fly to PR for a family emergency so she has two tickets

section 112 row 10 seats 15-16 $100 each they retailed for $126.45  

tickets sold 

Edited by Willis1988
Tickets sold

On 6/30/2016 at 3:04 AM, Crash Dieter said:

Thanks guys! Lucky - I originally thought Downtown would be the place to party. We just booked a cool hotel in Midtown, after reading the reviews it seems like it's smack bang in the middle of bars and restaurants etc.

Now the two Aussie tourists have to complete our cliche checklist for Georgia whilst we're there; eat pecan pie and a LOT of southern BBQ. Plus drink whatever it is you drink there  - I'm hoping it's moonshine! Can't wait!

I think they drink mojitos in Georgia. I've never had them 'cause I've never been and I'm Canadian...but I hear they're great - enjoy the show! I'm going to watch a bit from periscope I think

1 minute ago, Italian girl said:

Are you ready Atlanta??????

Thanks to Alexx, from our fan page thegunsonline :)

IMG-20160725-WA0008.jpg

This looks pretty good, Pablo beat you to the GNR show lol

Btw are you going to the Dodger stadium show?

• Like 1