07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

downzy

Just now, annablue said:

we live in a culture of instant gratification and I agree a little goes a long way in terms of watching the footage.

I am out of likes but you are spot on. Thank you for seeing It.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Well first of all the special gift to the fans Is having Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage which should be more then enough. Secondly there have been many surprises and setlist changes on this tour so far Including the appearance of  Steven Adler, Sebastion Bach, Coma, OTGM, Sorry, Catcher and My Michelle. The real tragedy here Is that we have adults that are spoiled brats that need a surprise or something different every night or they whine about It. The best advice would be to stop following every show and when the tour stops In these Individuals towns they just might get the surprise they are desperately seeking.

And then what makes it all twice as tedious is the whining about  the whining.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I am out of likes but you are spot on. Thank you for seeing It.

I'm really new to the whole persicope deal - I think it's a very cool concept. I was mostly watching to hear any on stage chatter - I live for that kind of audience interaction. I may be getting old but I often enjoy stories that performers can get into. Mostly 90's Axl and David Bowie was famous for it too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, annablue said:

I'm really new to the whole persicope deal - I think it's a very cool concept. I was mostly watching to hear any on stage chatter - I live for that kind of audience interaction. I may be getting old but I often enjoy stories that performers can get into. Mostly 90's Axl and David Bowie was famous for it too.

I am also new to It. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of Interaction between Axl and the crowd so far on this tour IMO.

13 minutes ago, annablue said:

Reedus and Fernando? I don't recognize him exactly...looks different in every pic I see

Not Fernando, that's Andrei Gillott; he scouts the pit for "talent" and has worked with Lana Del Rey on some projects.

https://www.instagram.com/andreigillott/?hl=en

Edited by Amir
spelling

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

Not Fernando, that's Andrei Gillott; he scouts the pit for "talent" and has worked with Lana Del Rey on some projects.

https://www.instagram.com/andreigillott/?hl=en

I only just heard of him about 2 weeks ago - for some reason I was expecting someone older. I had my eyes peeled at the Toronto show as we had our Nightrain gear on. 

27 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I can't see Guns playing stadiums again In the US after this tour. And I can't see huge demand for another US tour without a classic new GNR album to support.

When KISS reunited in 96 they only played a couple of stadium shows. They were mostly Arenas and alot of those arena shows weren't sold out. This is wayyyy more profitable then that. KISS had all 4 original members and this is still bigger... If GNR was playing Arenas here in the US, Every show will be a sellout. Multiple shows per city at that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Well first of all the special gift to the fans Is having Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage which should be more then enough. Secondly there have been many surprises and setlist changes on this tour so far Including the appearance of  Steven Adler, Sebastion Bach, Coma, OTGM, Sorry, Catcher and My Michelle. The real tragedy here Is that we have adults that are spoiled brats that need a surprise or something different every night or they whine about It. The best advice would be to stop following every show and when the tour stops In these Individuals towns they just might get the surprise they are desperately seeking.

As far as I remember, this forum kinda blew up because of the amount of excitment and happiness that Slash's return to the band generated and if there's one thing that no one's complaining about that's Slash & Duff being back, everyone's happy about it. Now what's the point on coming to a forum to say "wow, I can't believe Slash and Duff are back" every single day? As far as I know, people come to this forum (and any other forum for that matter) to express their opinions and interact with each other. What would be your idea? Someone saying "Oh, November Rain is sounding amazing" and the next person goes "yeah, it's awesome" and it's like that with every song at every show? Sounds cool for Zombieland but I much rather see people exchanging opinions and saying what they like and what they don't, otherwise a forum seems kinda pointless to me.

Also, just because some people complain about the lack of changes on the setlist or about certain songs, doesn't mean they don't enjoy the show and should stop watching it. I personally suffer when they play KOHD (I might mention it from time to time) but I love 90% of the show, so the idea of not watching them doesn't appeal to me and neither does the idea of not being allowed to say what I think about KOHD or any other song.

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

image.jpeg

Were Axl and Slash preparing to blow a candle? :lol:

26 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

As far as I remember, this forum kinda blew up because of the amount of excitment and happiness that Slash's return to the band generated and if there's one thing that no one's complaining about that's Slash & Duff being back, everyone's happy about it. Now what's the point on coming to a forum to say "wow, I can't believe Slash and Duff are back" every single day? As far as I know, people come to this forum (and any other forum for that matter) to express their opinions and interact with each other. What would be your idea? Someone saying "Oh, November Rain is sounding amazing" and the next person goes "yeah, it's awesome" and it's like that with every song at every show? Sounds cool for Zombieland but I much rather see people exchanging opinions and saying what they like and what they don't, otherwise a forum seems kinda pointless to me.

Also, just because some people complain about the lack of changes on the setlist or about certain songs, doesn't mean they don't enjoy the show and should stop watching it. I personally suffer when they play KOHD (I might mention it from time to time) but I love 90% of the show, so the idea of not watching them doesn't appeal to me and neither does the idea of not being allowed to say what I think about KOHD or any other song.

Were Axl and Slash preparing to blow a candle? :lol:

Where and when did I say that people should not express there opinions and feel free to express there displeasure with the way a particular song sounds? I made a simple point to those whining about the setlist and lack of surprises that there position has no foundation. The facts are that there have been many songs added to the setlist since the tour started ( 19 shows ago not counting Coachella) Including Coma, OTGM, My Michelle, Sorry and Catcher In the Rye and the surprises that people seek have Included Sebastion Bach and Steven Adler. So people arguing that the setlist Is stale, boring and the same night after night Is false.

Edited by ironmt

29 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Where and when did I say that people should not express there opinions and feel free to express there displeasure with the way a particular song sounds? I made a simple point to those whining about the setlist and lack of surprises that there position has no foundation. The facts are that there have been many songs added to the setlist since the tour started ( 19 shows ago not counting Coachella) Including Coma, OTGM, My Michelle, Sorry and Catcher In the Rye and the surprises that people seek have Included Sebastion Bach and Steven Adler. So people arguing that the setlist Is stale, boring and the same night after night Is false.

Also TWAT in Mexico... 

8 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Where and when did I say that people should not express there opinions and feel free to express there displeasure with the way a particular song sounds? I made a simple point to those whining about the setlist and lack of surprises that there position has no foundation. The facts are that there have been many songs added to the setlist since the tour started ( 17 shows ago not counting Coachella) Including Coma, OTGM, My Michelle, Sorry and Catcher In the Rye and the surprises that people seek have Included Sebastion Bach and Steven Adler. So people arguing that the setlist Is stale, boring and the same night after night Is false.

Coma was played since the very beginning (except the Troubador show which was shorter) and Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle were already played in April. So, where there any additions other than Sorry and Catcher during the stadium tour? The setlist has been pretty much the same, I don't see how you could even try to argue this. Now boring, that's something else. To me Guns N' Roses is NEVER BORING.

But considering they played TWAT, Yesterdays and Used To Love Her back in April, it's hard to understand why they haven't played them again since the tour started. It's not like people is asking for some crazy effort by the band, just to rotate the songs they've rehearsed and know.

Still, it's not a big deal but I believe everytime you criticize someone for complaining about these things, all you do is generate some sort of a snowball effect on what otherwise would be a little isolated comment. Anyway, I think it's entertaining, so whatever... :P

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

Coma was played since the very beginning (except the Troubador show which was shorter) and Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle were already played in April. So, where there any additions other than Sorry and Catcher during the stadium tour? The setlist has been pretty much the same, I don't see how you could even try to argue this. Now boring, that's something else. To me Guns N' Roses is NEVER BORING.

But considering they played TWAT, Yesterdays and Used To Love Her back in April, it's hard to understand why they haven't played them again since the tour started. It's not like people is asking for some crazy effort by the band, just to rotate the songs they've rehearsed and know.

Still, it's not a big deal but I believe everytime you criticize someone for complaining about these things, all you do is generate some sort of a snowball effect on what otherwise would be a little isolated comment. Anyway, I think it's entertaining, so whatever... :P

All of the additions to the setlist that you referenced above have been added to the Not In This Lifetime Tour. What Is this tour called again? The tour Is 19 shows old and there have been many songs added along with surprise appearances.

6 minutes ago, Jbat81 said:

Also TWAT in Mexico... 

Very true, so people complaining about the setlist do not have a leg to stand on. They have added many songs to this tour and will most likely try different ones In the future.

My problem with the shows aren't so much the setlist but the rediculous 3D screens all over the stage blinding you...A friend of mine left the show seeing flashing lights in his eyes ''LOL''...... He sent me a video of Axl introducing the crowd to the Jungle I got so jealous. My time is approaching soon in San Diego.

23 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Unless you're going to a ton of shows, who the hell cares if they have a similar setlist every night? What's the big deal?

But who the hell cares if someone actually cares? People trying to control what's said and crying about other people's opinions, that's the big deal. Whether the setlist is perfect, great or pretty bad, that's just a matter of personal opinion and it shouldn't be a big deal at all.

4 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

My fucking ears are ringing. I'll write a review once I get home though. Amazing show.

It seemed Axl was having a pretty inspired night. Did it look that way there?

Edited by BorderlineCrazy