07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

downzy

11 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

Could Axl sing the second part of Estranged like the ending of Patience, more raspy and aggressive?

That would be great but so far I haven't personally seen him do It on this tour.

19 minutes ago, ironmt said:

That would be great but so far I haven't personally seen him do It on this tour.

He did it full rasp from "When I find out all the reasons" up to "next time" once, on a single show of the tour (don't quite remember which one, Mexico perhaps). It was awesome and he didn't seem to struggle at all. Then for some reason he switched back to the clean voice, as if he didn't like what he heard from himself.

Just now, Andy14 said:

You mean this one, right? I couldn't find a better video where we can see Slash's reaction...

It's great to see such gestures, it says more about chemistry and mutual respect than anything else :headbang:

Btw. I never liked This I Love, not even during the April shows, but the last month has made a huge difference and I still don't like this song. I love it! 

insta.gifdi

Yep. Thats the one. But there is another video from middle far view where u can see both doing that.  It was incredible. And for a guy who has been a gnr inlove fan for 27 years ,  its something else..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

He did it full rasp from "When I find out all the reasons" up to "next time" once, on a single show of the tour (don't quite remember which one, Mexico perhaps). It was awesome and he didn't seem to struggle at all. Then for some reason he switched back to the clean voice, as if he didn't like what he heard from himself.

Or maybe Estranged is long and he tried but realized his voice gets too "tired" if he rasp all the way even if he doesn't seem struggle in the moment, he could be feeling the effect later, i don't know

Edited by giuls

1 hour ago, SEPTEM said:

Yep. Thats the one. But there is another video from middle far view where u can see both doing that.  It was incredible. And for a guy who has been a gnr inlove fan for 27 years ,  its something else..

Could you link that other video?

41 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I mean a stadium tour specifically. The demand has been met. Without a new album that is just balls to the wall fucking awesome then the band will have to play arenas.

Yeah, I agree.  If they want to do stadiums again in the U.S. they would need a new album....either that or co-headline with AC/DC or Metallica. (Or a band of that caliber).

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Wow, check the comments, people are in love with Guns N' Roses! ;-D

Isn't It amazing how Axl and Guns N Roses can completely redeem themselves after everything that has happened In the past? Many more will become believers by the time this tour Is over which will probably go on Into 2017/2018.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Isn't It amazing how Axl and Guns N Roses can completely redeem themselves after everything that has happened In the past? Many more will become believers by the time this tour Is over which will probably go on Into 2017/2018.

Yeah, this tour has as much to do with their legacy as it does a reunion....and I think that they are all very aware of that....they are giving it their all and it's awesome to see!

Edited by Kasanova King

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Yeah, this tour has much to do with their legacy as much as it  has to do with a reunion....and I think that they are all very aware of that....they are giving it their all and it's awesome to see!

They sure are and I am seeing a lot of casual fans giving reviews and stating how this Is the best concert that they have ever attended or at least In there top 2-3. As you stated this tour has much to do with the bands legacy and this tour will cement It.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Ohhh. Long research ( i saw it live on periscope last night but i cant find that one.. However i found a good one.. )

Right before the last verse

Thanks for the research, @SEPTEM.   Slash's solo starts at 2:25, Axl chimes back in at 3:43, and the dual bow is near 4:25.  It looks like Slash bows 1st.  They slayed it.  

(The video motion makes me a little seasick, though.  :unsure:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sibidy7 said:

They have mixed It up more than a lot of major acts and more then they did on the UYI tour.

This comment is just plain ridiculous.  Go look at the setlists for the UYI shows.  They opened with different songs all the time, played songs at completely different times throughout the show.  There isn't even a comparison.  that band at that time was unique night to night.  Now we get the corporate"movie" every night.

I've seen 5 shows and I haven't watched a single periscope feed. I understand the fact most people don't go to multiple shows, but don't you people who think it's ridiculous to complain about the setlists, think it would be cool to see an actual organic experience instead of a canned production ?

They might have mixed it up some on the UYI tour some more, but frankly, it could be really disorganized when they did that.  Big pauses between songs while they figured out what to play next.  At my age, I'll take a professional, static, set list.  

7 hours ago, AFGnR said:

MaCould Axl sing the second part of Estranged like the ending of Patience, more raspy and aggressive?

He could but he's conserving instead.  Plus I think it sounds pretty good clean kinda like the end of rocket queen or don't cry 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

They might have mixed it up some on the UYI tour some more, but frankly, it could be really disorganized when they did that.  Big pauses between songs while they figured out what to play next.  At my age, I'll take a professional, static, set list.  

I think they set up the order to give Axl more recovery time for when he uses the rasp or sings more demanding songs 

Edited by War2k14