07/23/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

downzy

41 minutes ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

If your choices for this show are the following, which are you going with?

Slash loses the tophat, no seeker, or Adler guest appearance?

On a side note, I'm kinda bummed out there's no show tonight. 

What kinda question is that? Adler of course haha 

I'd rather they play the seeker than not play anything in its place. And the top hat is iconic at this point

• Like 1

I've had a feeling since this tour was announced that if we were to see the AFD5 reunited it would be here. I've been told it's been rebuilt but the stadium is almost on the same site as the original stadium the first part of Paradise City was filmed in. I have no prior knowledge or insider information it's just a feeling I've had. I hope I'm right because it'd be so cool to see the 5 of them on stage together any thoughts guys ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

I've had a feeling since this tour was announced that if we were to see the AFD5 reunited it would be here. I've been told it's been rebuilt but the stadium is almost on the same site as the original stadium the first part of Paradise City was filmed in. I have no prior knowledge or insider information it's just a feeling I've had. I hope I'm right because it'd be so cool to see the 5 of them on stage together any thoughts guys ?

You are correct about the stadium. MetLife (where the concert is) is the replacement for Giants Stadium, where the PC video was filmed. On the same plot of land as each other. As for your theory, I selfishly hope you are correct since I'm going to the show. Aside from that if they're going to do it I would think a major market (basically, NYC or LA) would be the place to do it. 

If not, maybe Axl will at least break out the white leather jacket and pants from the Paradise City video...

53 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

You are correct about the stadium. MetLife (where the concert is) is the replacement for Giants Stadium, where the PC video was filmed. On the same plot of land as each other. As for your theory, I selfishly hope you are correct since I'm going to the show. Aside from that if they're going to do it I would think a major market (basically, NYC or LA) would be the place to do it. 

If not, maybe Axl will at least break out the white leather jacket and pants from the Paradise City video...

tempAP090322037012_18--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

1 hour ago, AFD5 said:

I hope your right too because I am going! :heart:

3 minutes ago, @xlRose said:

this is one of the biggest stadiums in usa right?

82,566  that is the max capacity, although not sure for a concert if that # is the same, but it is pretty big.  I think the only tix left are through Stub hub now.  So it is going to be HUGE

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, metalms said:

82,566  that is the max capacity, although not sure for a concert if that # is the same, but it is pretty big.  I think the only tix left are through Stub hub now.  So it is going to be HUGE

Thats for football games. For concerts its between 50-60k depending on stage setup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetLife_Stadium#Concerts

• Like 1

Met Life is a great stadium.  I saw Bon Jovi there back to back nights when it was pretty much brand new, great place for a show as far as venue.  Kind of a pain in ass to get to/from.  I had a rental car, maybe the train is best option?  The tailgating that was going on was crazy too.  Have fun everyone!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Original said:

Met Life is a great stadium.  I saw Bon Jovi there back to back nights when it was pretty much brand new, great place for a show as far as venue.  Kind of a pain in ass to get to/from.  I had a rental car, maybe the train is best option?  The tailgating that was going on was crazy too.  Have fun everyone!

looking forward to it!  Live in South Jersey, so I usually go to Philly shows. saw GNR at the linc and it was just so amazing I bought tix to see them here.  Can't wait totally stoked!

Edited by metalms