07/23/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

downzy

44 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

I got the train back into the city, worked out ok but was slow. I'm pretty sure they won't leave people stranded there who are in line. It seemed like they were holding trains back to the city at that junction place. Don't think the concert finished until around 1. You'll be alright and don't have much to worry about, there were thousands doing it. 

Oh man ok. I checked and the last train from secaucus on the line I need is 1:31. Do I have any chance of making it?  They sure don't make it easy going on so late. 

6 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I really, really can't stand some of the comments on these show threads.

Axl wished Slash a happy birthday. Based on the way some people were talking, you'd think that Axl didn't say anything, and even if that was the case, it's not a big deal.

GN'R fans may honestly be some of the most ungrateful people on the planet. You complained for twenty years that Slash and Duff weren't there. Slash and Duff come back, and it's right on to the next thing to complain about. 

We have "Coma" and "DTJ" back in the set list, but nope, they're not playing song X, Y, and Z...how dare they!

Adler received his big closure moments, but nope, he's not at every show, so the sky is going to fall. Izzy doesn't want to be there, so it's everyone else's fault, so how dare they go out there to play to 50,000 people every night with "only" Axl, Slash, and Duff! What are they thinking?!

Do some of you people read what you write on here back to yourselves and realize how absolutely insane it sounds?

Get a grip on reality. We never thought that we'd see what we're witnessing right now as recently as two years ago, and it's still not good enough for some people.

I honestly wonder how some of you make it through life on a daily basis.

Birthday celebrations are inside baseball.  99% of fans don't give a shit.   People need to chill - you are right.

I  guess I was hoping for something special because it was Slash's birthday, but not disappointed that there were no surprises.  Overall it was a really good show, best Guns concert I've been to since 2001.  

Love Lenny Kravitz, brought back memories of the last time I saw him at MSG in 1999.  Having sat thru some horrible opening acts for GNR in the past, he was cool.  That Let Love Rule jam went on forever though.  Would have rather heard a couple of more songs.

My friend asked, after the 3rd time Axl introduced Rchard Fortus...why?   I have no idea.  I don't know if he has done this at all the concerts, but we get it, his name is Ricard Fortus.  He did a great job btw, like he always has.  The Wish You Were Here solo with Slash is cool.  You can tell who the people are who don't spend their time online analyzing every detail of the shows, they were thrilled to hear it.  

It was the first time I paid attention to Slash's TIL solo.  He was hitting notes that I thought would shatter glass.  I don't care who is playing that song, I will never like it.  Not much has changed since I saw nuGuns playing CD material, there's always a mass exodus for beer and bathroom breaks.  Those songs just don't connect with the audience at all.  Almost everyone in my section who didn't leave took the opportunity to just sit down for a few minutes, so I guess there's one upside to them being in the setlist.

It was cool to hear DTJ, Coma, and OTGM.  Wish we didn't have to sacrifice DC to hear Patience.  Nightrain was one of my highlights.  It's great to see Sash's energy and how much he loves playing that song.  And I never get tired of seeing him play the Godfather them.  Pure love.    Wasn't thrilled with PC, Axl struggles thru it and it feels really rushed.  The fireworks and confetti make up for it, but only a little.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I really, really can't stand some of the comments on these show threads.

Axl wished Slash a happy birthday. Based on the way some people were talking, you'd think that Axl didn't say anything, and even if that was the case, it's not a big deal.

GN'R fans may honestly be some of the most ungrateful people on the planet. You complained for twenty years that Slash and Duff weren't there. Slash and Duff come back, and it's right on to the next thing to complain about. 

We have "Coma" and "DTJ" back in the set list, but nope, they're not playing song X, Y, and Z...how dare they!

Adler received his big closure moments, but nope, he's not at every show, so the sky is going to fall. Izzy doesn't want to be there, so it's everyone else's fault, so how dare they go out there to play to 50,000 people every night with "only" Axl, Slash, and Duff! What are they thinking?!

Do some of you people read what you write on here back to yourselves and realize how absolutely insane it sounds?

Get a grip on reality. We never thought that we'd see what we're witnessing right now as recently as two years ago, and it's still not good enough for some people.

I honestly wonder how some of you make it through life on a daily basis.

I don't think it's that's dramatic.  People are just expressing their thoughts.    The show last night was good, but not perfect.  Just like life, there's always room for improvement.  Don't people normally want more?  A promotion, a raise, a bigger house, a nicer car, etc.  Agree with an opinion, don't agree with an opinion, but honestly, what the difference between a person bitching about the band and another person bitching about the poster.  

• Like 1

Complaints do get overboard, and the over analysis of Axl's reaction to Slash's birthday is a bit pathological, to be honest. 

With that said, it was reasonable to hope that with Slash's birthday, the place being totally packed, it being in NJ and GNR FB teasing, we could, perhaps, get a little surprise. We didn't, that's ok.

This concert though, for this tour standards, in terms of band performance, was very distinctly average. No surprises, a very classic setlist. Even Axl's voice was not really among the best it's been in 2016 so far (which doesn't mean it was bad my any means).

It's a good thing that average, these days, when it comes to GNR, is something pretty awesome. That does not make cunts of those that expect a little more or point out that the concert doesn't stand out all on the NITL tour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrw80 said:

Can anyone who took the train from Secaucus share your experiences?  I'm doing that today. Getting there should be easy. Wondering what time the show ended last night, how easy it was to get a train out after the show, and if you made connections home in time. First time going to this stadium by train. 

I took train home last night to New York Penn Station.  It went VERY well in spite of HUGE CROWDS of people.  Wait time at Met Life to get on board once we were in line was 5-10 minutes, and there were MANy ahead of us online.  At Secaucus, you have to go upstairs, then pass through ticket gates, which was a little slow but NOT bad at all.  We just missed the train at 1:47AM.  Schedule said next train 2:21, but another train pulled up 2-3 minutes later.  It could not have gone better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ericy210 said:

Do 99% of them seem upset or satisfied?

a year ago, who would have predicted Axl, Slash, and Duff would be onstage as GNR performing Coma and people would be complaining about a lack of cake?

reality check, people!

Hahaha no kidding. With those two songs as mainstays on the setlist, along with CW and RQ,  we honestly shouldn't complain.

I WILL complain about them being kept off the setlist from '92-'93

Don't speculate problems where there are no problems! Maybe Slash didn't want his birthday announced.

Just enjoy the reunion.

I can't wait just a week from Wednesday is my concert in Dallas. Sharing this with my family is going to be awesome!

So glad the new A T & T stadium has a dome because it's damn hot here in Texas!

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Don't speculate problems where there are no problems! Maybe Slash didn't want his birthday announced.

Just enjoy the reunion.

I can't wait just a week from Wednesday is my concert in Dallas. Sharing this with my family is going to be awesome!

So glad the new A T & T stadium has a dome because it's damn hot here in Texas!

it was 97 in jersey yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, CynthiaGymnast said:

I took train home last night to New York Penn Station.  It went VERY well in spite of HUGE CROWDS of people.  Wait time at Met Life to get on board once we were in line was 5-10 minutes, and there were MANy ahead of us online.  At Secaucus, you have to go upstairs, then pass through ticket gates, which was a little slow but NOT bad at all.  We just missed the train at 1:47AM.  Schedule said next train 2:21, but another train pulled up 2-3 minutes later.  It could not have gone better!

Just curious... Did you get on the train at MetLife after 1am? The last scheduled train was supposed to be at 1a, so I had to haul ass to get on that one.

2 hours ago, ironmt said:

It Is hard to accept but that Is the way this generation Is. They are all entitled as opposed to just being satisfied with what they get(think mommy and daddy made them feel a little more Important then they actually are). It Is also Ironic that Guns went from being the most dangerous band on the planet to having fans that are upset and angry because Axl didn't sing Happy Birthday.

Entitlement! Yes, that's it! That's my issue with all the people crying for Adler - it's not their name, money, career or reputation on the line but they feel entitled to the drummer they want when it doesn't matter to 99% of the audience who attends these shows and seem to be walking away happy. Also, they're playing for the audience at the concert that night, not for the people watching every show through someone else's cell phone who think the set list needs to be tailored to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maxpax said:

for all haters who gonna hate the haters...the NuGnR supporters were co-responsible for blocking a reunion for almost 20 years. now these people are cockblocking steven, matt, gilby, izzy...;) this reuinion ain't the real deal. and as long this guys will not play as good as the classic lineup people will complain. gilby and matt did a great back then, cause the fan base was satisfied.

Only someone who is bitter and angry about life and hasnt even seen this in real life can talk like that. I pity people like you.

• Like 1

I thought it was a really good show.  This is the first time I had seen since 2003 and before that the last time I saw them was 1991.  My wife & I made the 2.5 drive & it was worth it.  First we were pleasantly surprised by how good Lenny Kravitz was.  I do agree with another poster who said his Jam went on a little too long but overall he put on a great performance.   

We couldn't believe how good GNR sounded, my wife & I kept looking at each other in amazement.  The excitement in Metlife was also nice to see, it looked to me like everyone was standing, even the very upper deck.  When I saw them last back in 2003 in Albany I remember being surprised to see 70% of the people in the venue sitting for the whole concert. 

The only thing that kind of stuck out to me (this is not a complaint) was how the set list almost seemed rushed.  I don't really know how to explain it though.  It wasn't that they played the songs too fast or anything, maybe it was just because of the lack of any banter between songs or even slight pauses between songs.  I'm sure it's just me & again I don't want it to seem like  a complaint because honestly we LOVED the show.  It was worth every penny we paid which includes the driving & hotel expenses.  Getting out of the Metlife parking lot after the show however was a nightmare.

• Like 1