07/23/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

downzy

2 hours ago, maxpax said:

for all haters who gonna hate the haters...the NuGnR supporters were co-responsible for blocking a reunion for almost 20 years. now these people are cockblocking steven, matt, gilby, izzy...;) this reuinion ain't the real deal. and as long this guys will not play as good as the classic lineup people will complain. gilby and matt did a great back then, cause the fan base was satisfied.

Adler's being cockblocked by his life time of drug addiction.  

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Jesus, did Adler shag your sister or something or other? You are obsessed with the guy!

Jesus, did Adler shag your sister or something or other? You are obsessed with the guy!

No, I'm just tired of this attitude that he's entitled to be the drummer and the fact he isn't is wronging him and wronging the fans and if he doesn't show up the show was a waste of time, if he does show up 2 songs weren't enough. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

No, I'm just tired of this attitude that he's entitled to be the drummer and the fact he isn't is wronging him and wronging the fans and if he doesn't show up the show was a waste of time, if he does show up 2 songs weren't enough. 

I do not see this level of vitriol for other passed over former members, Messrs. Stradlin, Sorum and Clarke for instance! You come across like you have some vendetta against Popcorn.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not see this level of vitriol for other passed over former members, Messrs. Stradlin, Sorum and Clarke for instance! You come across like you have some vendetta against Popcorn.

I don't know why the other's weren't included so I can't comment on if leaving them out was right or wrong.

Why Adler's not the full-time drummer for GNR is no secret and I completely side with the people who actually have something riding on this tour for not having it reply on someone unreliable. 

45 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

How do we know it? I'm asking cause I really wasn't able to read all of this thread :wacko:

Btw. I'm getting more and more jealous of you all going to the show. :max: I wouldn't mind them playing Seeker for 3 hours in a row if only I had the opportunity to see their show. :smiley-confused2:

There's a video of it if you go back a couple of pages. It's quite factual now that Axl mentioned it! Apparently some people expected Axl to start fellating Slash and therefore their periscope experience was disappointing because they had expectations about birthday banging and Slither that were not met.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I don't know why the other's weren't included so I can't comment on if leaving them out was right or wrong.

Why Adler's not the full-time drummer for GNR is no secret and I completely side with the people who actually have something riding on this tour for not having it reply on someone unreliable. 

You do not know why Adler is not included either seeing everybody involved with this tour has been gagged!

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

There's a video of it if you go back a couple of pages. It's quite factual now that Axl mentioned it! Apparently some people expected Axl to start fellating Slash and therefore their periscope experience was disappointing because they had expectations about birthday banging and Slither that were not met.

I figured they'd be more upset at Izzy not joining. Even Steven. Figure

Just now, Billsfan said:

I figured they'd be more upset at Izzy not joining. Even Steven. Figure

Right? Every thread now:

"I have a good feeling Izzy and Steven are both going to show up tonight! I'm going to call in sick to work so I can watch on Periscope as it unfolds."

All that based on absolutely nothing, and then the same person gets upset when nothing new happens.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You do not know why Adler is not included either seeing everybody involved with this tour has been gagged!

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that he's not the full-time drummer because of his life-time of addiction, which includes being invited to tour with Duff in 2013 and going off on a bender. I'm guessing they don't trust him to be the full time drummer on a tour this important. 

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Right? Every thread now:

"I have a good feeling Izzy and Steven are both going to show up tonight! I'm going to call in sick to work so I can watch on Periscope as it unfolds."

All that based on absolutely nothing, and then the same person gets upset when nothing new happens.

Similar to "I've been watching every show through someone else's cell phone so it's bullshit they don't change the set-list for me"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Similar to "I've been watching every show through someone else's cell phone so it's bullshit they don't change the set-list for me"

Lol yeah really.. I too get bored a little with the set lists so, I just avoid perescoping every single show. And complaining about it so I'm typically sticking to the chat rooms and the show thread incase I need to hop on perescope for whatever reason. Did it with Adler sorry and catcher. Just me tho..

Can anyone who took the train from Secaucus share your experiences?  I'm doing that today. Getting there should be easy. Wondering what time the show ended last night, how easy it was to get a train out after the show, and if you made connections home in time. First time going to this stadium by train. 

17 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Right? Every thread now:

Yeah. I mean the only way I think otherwise is when GNR pulls what they did yesterday saying "you might wanna be on Facebook live tonight" just to be met with nothing but, in no way does that suggest izzy or Steven or really suggest anything beyond "yeah you wanna be on Facebook because something potentially cool is coming". Then nothing. A little bit of a bummer but I'm over it, I think there'll be cool things coming when they hit the west coast. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So, no My Michelle, no Sorry and no Catcher today?

Crowd seemed pretty great, they deserved better... :max:

Do 99% of them seem upset or satisfied?

a year ago, who would have predicted Axl, Slash, and Duff would be onstage as GNR performing Coma and people would be complaining about a lack of cake?

reality check, people!

7 hours ago, Epson said:

:hug:

Thank you for posting that. :) As one of the people who have been disappointed about the whole thing, i have to say, now that i see it up close and clear, i have to admitt that it llooks like a nice moment + both smiling at each other.

I am sorry for complaining about no birthday-song. (Even though it would have been nice)

Edited by RooSaa
  • Like 2

Just now, James Bond said:

Right? Every thread now:

Im starting to think that those people are the ones who didnt want slash and axl to reunite ( most of them just hate axls guts) to beggin with.. And now theyre just trying ( and failing) to ruin the the enormes hipe most of us have. ( and millions around the planet).  So they just try ( fail) to stablish a standar acknowledgement ( of something they know it wont happen) so people lost the exitement. Those are the same that EVERY SINGLE SHOW asks for sold out and if a SECOND show is not sold out they start to say that " the tour is not bein succesfull, they better go for little arenas, blah blah" .

I think that from now on the best thing to do is ignore them, just ignore those posts. 

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

It Is hard to accept but that Is the way this generation Is. They are all entitled as opposed to just being satisfied with what they get(think mommy and daddy made them feel a little more Important then they actually are). It Is also Ironic that Guns went from being the most dangerous band on the planet to having fans that are upset and angry because Axl didn't sing Happy Birthday.

Haha, that made me LOL. Thanks.

Axl himself probably said it best: Vicarious existence is a fuckin' waste of time.

I got the train back into the city, worked out ok but was slow. I'm pretty sure they won't leave people stranded there who are in line. It seemed like they were holding trains back to the city at that junction place. Don't think the concert finished until around 1. You'll be alright and don't have much to worry about, there were thousands doing it. 

46 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Im starting to think that those people are the ones who didnt want slash and axl to reunite ( most of them just hate axls guts) to beggin with.. And now theyre just trying ( and failing) to ruin the the enormes hipe most of us have. ( and millions around the planet).  So they just try ( fail) to stablish a standar acknowledgement ( of something they know it wont happen) so people lost the exitement. Those are the same that EVERY SINGLE SHOW asks for sold out and if a SECOND show is not sold out they start to say that " the tour is not bein succesfull, they better go for little arenas, blah blah" .

I think that from now on the best thing to do is ignore them, just ignore those posts. 

I think they just refuse to think things through. They read too deep into stuff, get all excited, make a wild bold prediction that is unrealistic then when it doesn't happen they're upset