07/29/16 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium

downzy

1 minute ago, Gnrcane said:

The stadium lots aren't that much better is my general point.  Some of the stadium lots are within 400 feet of Orange Blossom Trail.  There isn't some magic barrier that makes those lots a utopia and Orange Blossom Trail a war zone.  Some of the stadium lots are south of 408.  I haven't ever heard of a murder happening near the stadium during an event.

I'm sure you can pick up a nasty prostitute if you so desired or score any substance known to man if you want to but between the police presence and the crowd it is very unlikely to be in danger before or after the concert.  With the way the world has been lately, you're probably in more danger at the high end Mall at Millenia 5 miles south.  The concert will have law enforcement and security around in large numbers.

If I thought there might be an issue, I wouldn't give that kind of advise for a female that could be alone (although I think she'll be with another person anyway).  If you can get a stadium lot (which I think are still available) it is probably the best plan but I wouldn't be afraid if you have to park within 2-3 blocks of the stadium.

The stadium lots are much safer.  There are thousands of people tailgating...so yes, indeed I would say they are much safer.  There will be hundreds of people around you all the time in the stadium lots as well as security plus the police.

And criminals avoid that sort of stuff anyway.

You can't compare parking in a stadium lot with hundreds and thousands of other fans vs parking all the way out on OBT, where chances are you could be walking to your car alone, past midnight.

I would personally have no issues doing it myself because even the people in that area don't usually give you trouble unless you are looking for it....but I still would not recommend it to someone (especially a girl) from out of town.

No way.

Spend the $20 and park in a stadium lot....they're a ton of fun anway...tons of people will be tailgaiting and jamming out GN'R.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for all of the help! It is much appreciated.  I just bought a parking pass for Lot 7. One of my main concerns was the traffic near the stadium but I'm just going to give myself 2-2 1/2 hours or so as another poster suggested. I'll only be with my sister so I'd rather be safe than sorry and just park at one of the stadium lots. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aubrey1111 said:

Thanks everyone for all of the help! It is much appreciated.  I just bought a parking pass for Lot 7. One of my main concerns was the traffic near the stadium but I'm just going to give myself 2-2 1/2 hours or so as another poster suggested. I'll only be with my sister so I'd rather be safe than sorry and just park at one of the stadium lots. 

I'm actually in lot 7 too...lol....maybe see you there.....:lol:.

• Like 1

well. it looks like ill be missing this one. My friend fell through on his promise, and now im stuck with no tickets. Talk about last minute. 

I was going to try and make a disney trip out of it, but then my dog needed to have emergency surgery, so that was the final nail in the coffin. Oh well. Ill see you guys in NOLA and Dallas though!!! :P

Edited by KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, aubrey1111 said:

Smart choice, I'm in 7 too. :lol:

Yeah 12:30 AM (assuming you stay to the end) in an unfamiliar area that's known for crime just ain't worth saving a few extra bucks.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence said:

Look for the guy in the forum shirt? ;)

I'll probably wear my GN'R Vegas shirt.  If you guys want to keep in touch before the show, download Line Ap, it's what we used in Vegas...add me, my username is Acexk. ?

I hope this isn't against the rules. I might have two extra tickets to the Orlando show. At the moment I'm trying to sell them on Ticketmaster for face value ($250 each). I don't think they will sell though. They are section 133 Row N. If they don't sell by Thursday night I was wondering if I'm allowed to transfer to someone on here and just have them buy me some merch from the show and send it to me (like 4-5 XL different Orlando city shirts or 4 XL shirts and the litho or something). 

Also would be interested in 2016 Philadelphia merch. 

Edited by Ecocide
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ecocide said:

I hope this isn't against the rules. I might have two extra tickets to the Orlando show. At the moment I'm trying to sell them on Ticketmaster for face value ($250 each). I don't think they will sell though. They are section 133 Row N. If they don't sell by Thursday night I was wondering if I'm allowed to transfer to someone on here and just have them buy me some merch from the show and send it to me (like 4-5 XL different Orlando city shirts or 4 XL shirts and the litho or something). 

Also would be interested in 2016 Philadelphia merch. 

I'm looking for extra tickets. Were you looking to trade for the Skyline tshirts?

11 minutes ago, Syk said:

The Cult, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them. It will be a night full of real rock n' roll. 

Nice, I gave seem them a handful of times over the years.. Probably the best opener of the tour. First time I saw the Lenny Kravitz was opening for them for the Ceremony tour.

On 4/3/2016 at 0:57 PM, downzy said:

Citrus_Bowl_Orlando_City.jpg

Friday, July 29, 2016

Orlando, FL

Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium

Capacity: 70,000

Opener:

Forum Members Attending:

lhalver, Kasanova King, BigD62, NineInchGun, Syk, JimMorrison4, Batten_down,

KeyserSoze, Roket, BlindMelon, Gun-Z, SEANAXL21, rocketqueen6665, AppetiteForSomething, Jwalker19,

ERNESTORONDON, wasteofammo

Setlist:

Videos:

May want to edit this...it's now called Camping World Stadium. 

I really want that damn litho, parking lots don't open till four :( I want to get there early. Philly really had everything together for this show, does anyone known if they have food and porta potties outside of this Stadium? Will they let us bring in an unopened bottle of water like Philly did?

Edited by Ecocide

52 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

My buddy wants into this show do bad but can't afford it :/

There are still a few "partial view" $60.50 tickets left in the upper deck.  They are also selling a general admission deck opposite from the stage for $55.

• Like 1

I don't know why I just wasted 45 minutes doing this but I counted the seats still available.

Not counting the partial view seats there are (including singles):

Upper level - 5

Plaza level - 24

Lower level - 1,182

Floor available for purchase - 224

Unreleased floor seats (they only release a few rows at a time) - 1,433

With the show 48 hours away it looks like there are 2,868 non-partial view seats available plus however many more they are selling for the general admission deck for $55.

I don't know how many tickets they usually sell last minute to make a sellout possible.  Other than reducing the price of the floor seats further back to $125 it doesn't look like they have lowered prices in any attempt to sell more tickets.  Taking out the partial view seats (which they have actually sold a lot of in the upper level), the show is about 95% sold out at this point.

38 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I don't know why I just wasted 45 minutes doing this but I counted the seats still available.

Not counting the partial view seats there are (including singles):

Upper level - 5

Plaza level - 24

Lower level - 1,182

Floor available for purchase - 224

Unreleased floor seats (they only release a few rows at a time) - 1,433

With the show 48 hours away it looks like there are 2,868 non-partial view seats available plus however many more they are selling for the general admission deck for $55.

I don't know how many tickets they usually sell last minute to make a sellout possible.  Other than reducing the price of the floor seats further back to $125 it doesn't look like they have lowered prices in any attempt to sell more tickets.  Taking out the partial view seats (which they have actually sold a lot of in the upper level), the show is about 95% sold out at this point.

Noble effort, but Ticketmaster is notorious for withholding seats that are not sold and not making them available for sale on the website (making it look like they are sold when they are not)....additionally, I believe TicketMaster will list an event as "sold out" even if there are tickets available if 90% of the seats available are actually sold.