07/29/16 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium

downzy

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Criticizing Frank at every opportunity is fine but mentioning the valid reasons Alder isn't the full-time drummer is an 'attack'? 

I just think it's ridiculous that Axl and Slash are back together, playing stadiums, sounding great, and everything from the reviews to the band's demeanor to the detail put into promotion and the merchandise is overwhelmingly positive and some people are bitching because the drug addict drummer from 1990 is only getting guest spots. 

Wow wow wow. Do they know Steven Adler wasn't the drummer and they played some Chinese Democracy songs?

Frank sounded like GN'R

'nuff said

• Like 1

Quick tally for the night 

Number of leather jackets: zero 

Number of old guys who were ASLEEP a seat away from me: one 

Number of corny literal pantomimes to lyrics: the limit does not exist! 

Seriously tho show was amazing. PLEASE GO SEE IT! 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

No one does it at the right tempo. It was the same at met life for the whole crowd lol

Imo I think it's because now it says        G N R instead of Guns n roses as it used to be and it confuses t h e crowd...

4 minutes ago, jorgeboz said:

Imo I think it's because now it says        G N R instead of Guns n roses as it used to be and it confuses t h e crowd...

They updated it so it says the full words now. See my attached video. But the clip they use is at an inconsistent tempo, so it makes it hard for the fans to get it right. I don't know why they don't have it at a consistent speed. Maybe they try to have it start slow and then speed up, but they're not going to get 50,000+ people do be able to do that right.

IMG_1151.m4v

Edit: the attached video doesn't seem to work, but take my word for it, they replaced the G N R with Guns N' Roses.

Edited by gnr>everything
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It may be humorous....but it didn't fit the the theme of the song....review the lyrics.  I can explain it to you, but I'd prefer you come to the conclusion on your own, it isn't rocket science.

Perhaps you thought you were at the Bon Jovi fan forum

15 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Criticizing Frank at every opportunity is fine but mentioning the valid reasons Alder isn't the full-time drummer is an 'attack'? 

I just think it's ridiculous that Axl and Slash are back together, playing stadiums, sounding great, and everything from the reviews to the band's demeanor to the detail put into promotion and the merchandise is overwhelmingly positive and some people are bitching because the drug addict drummer from 1990 is only getting guest spots. 

Frank is playing in the fn' band, some people complain 'cause they're watching the show and they don't like the way he plays. You can agree or not but they have a reason to make those comments (not saying they're necessarily right), unlike you who always talk shit about Steven out of the blue. Someone says "Frank is messing up the tempo" and you answer that Steven is a drug addict. You never mention any valid reasons as of why Steven isn't the full-time drummer, you just bring up his disease every single fn' day, which makes you a piece of shit of a human being. You can twist it all you want to try and make it look like you have a valid point, you don't.

If you disagree with those who state that Frank has tempo issues then tell them that, but stop bringing Steven and his demons when that has nothing to do with what's being talked.

• Like 1

If anyone has an extra Litho from tonight in mint condition I'll buy it for like $100. I couldn't find any by the time I got here. (It will not go on eBay, it will go on my wall). :) 

Please message me any offers!

Edited by Ecocide

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Frank is playing in the fn' band, some people complain 'cause they're watching the show and they don't like the way he plays. You can agree or not but they have a reason to make those comments (not saying they're necessarily right), unlike you who always talk shit about Steven out of the blue. Someone says "Frank is messing up the tempo" and you answer that Steven is a drug addict. You never mention any valid reasons as of why Steven isn't the full-time drummer, you just bring up his disease every single fn' day, which makes you a piece of shit of a human being. You can twist it all you want to try and make it look like you have a valid point, you don't.

If you disagree with those who state that Frank has tempo issues then tell them that, but stop bringing Steven and his demons when that has nothing to do with what's being talked.

Oh I've mentioned the valid reasons why Adler isn't the full-time drummer before, but if you'd like I'll do it again - he's a raging drug addict, to the point where band full of raging addicts thought he was unreliable and fired him 26 years ago. He spent the next 26 years ranting, and raving, and whining, and complaining, and filing lawsuits and going on television shows blaming everyone but himself for his problems. Three years ago, Duff asked him to open for Loaded and he went off on a bender on that tour, and then, as usual, criticized Duff for getting mad at him for it. He has proven, over, and over, and over again that he's erratic and unreliable and Duff, Slash and Axl decided not to have their multi-million-dollar reunion tour depending on him because he's unreliable. Good enough for you? Because that's a valid point. 

If Frank has temp issues, which 90% of the audience doesn't seem to know about or mind, that's fine - you can point that out as your reason for why he shouldn't be the drummer. And then I'll point out the reason Alder shouldn't be either.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I always thought it worked alright in the live setting because you're not focused on the context of the song, but just the verse that's happening, and it kinda works as an ad-lib (albeit one that stuck). It's just one of those things he throws in there sometimes, like 'Home fuck'. Not a big deal really :shrugs:

No It really Is not a big deal and I don't think the casual fan who has been tailgating In the parking lot for three hours prior to Guns N Roses and who are now shitfaced Is thinking

my God he needs to stop using that line because It Is ridiculously stupid and It doesn't fit the theme of the song.

• Like 1

Just now, axlthepose said:

I just got back from the Show , I have a ton to upload for you guys ! Axl Was in a Foul Mood . Excellent show , Great Energy . I will upload shortly . 

- Terry 

Why was he In a foul mood?

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If Frank has temp issues, which 90% of the audience doesn't seem to know about or mind, that's fine - you can point that out as your reason for why he shouldn't be the drummer. And then I'll point out the reason Alder shouldn't be either.

This pretty much resumes your ability to reason so there's not much I can say.

I'll explain this one last time. Someone, while watching the gig, complaint about Frank claiming he has tempo issues. He NEVER said Frank should be fired for this reason and I swear to god, he never said Steven should be brought back neither as the full-time drummer nor as a guest. So you didn't need to point out any reasons for Steven not to be considered, which you didn't anyway, you just made a sarcastic comment putting Steven down, as you always do.

So, from what I understand, what you're saying is every time someone criticizes Frank, you'll answer mentioning Steven's disease. Are you really that stupid?

10 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Axl nailed Coma....fucking nailed it.

He didn't seem to struggle with the final part this time, it was awesome. Still, my favorite part is when Slash goes back to the riff after playing the solo, I can't wait to experience that moment live!! :drool:

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oh I've mentioned the valid reasons why Adler isn't the full-time drummer before, but if you'd like I'll do it again - he's a raging drug addict, to the point where band full of raging addicts thought he was unreliable and fired him 26 years ago. He spent the next 26 years ranting, and raving, and whining, and complaining, and filing lawsuits and going on television shows blaming everyone but himself for his problems. Three years ago, Duff asked him to open for Loaded and he went off on a bender on that tour, and then, as usual, criticized Duff for getting mad at him for it. He has proven, over, and over, and over again that he's erratic and unreliable and Duff, Slash and Axl decided not to have their multi-million-dollar reunion tour depending on him because he's unreliable. Good enough for you? Because that's a valid point. 

As much as a lot of us would like to see Adler back behind the drums, you have a point. Although It Is hard to Imagine him screwing up this time If given the opportunity. With drugs, I guess you never know.

11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He's over 2 years sober at this point. You really dont have to be an asshole. People pointing out that Frank has tempo issues isnt being mean spirited.

You on the other hand, constantly shitting on Steven Adler is in poor taste and annoying. everyone on here knows his history already. You dont have to keep using that as you excuse to be an asshole. straight up. It doesn't change the fact that he still kills it on drums after being a hardcore addict for 25 years and having an 8 ball induced stroke.

The homes is right, no one brought up Adler until you did.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

This pretty much resumes your ability to reason so there's not much I can say.

I'll explain this one last time. Someone, while watching the gig, complaint about Frank claiming he has tempo issues. He NEVER said Frank should be fired for this reason and I swear to god, he never said Steven should be brought back neither as the full-time drummer nor as a guest. So you didn't need to point out any reasons for Steven not to be considered, which you didn't anyway, you just made a sarcastic comment putting Steven down, as you always do.

So, from what I understand, what you're saying is every time someone criticizes Frank, you'll answer mentioning Steven's disease. Are you really that stupid?

He didn't seem to struggle with the final part this time, it was awesome. Still, my favorite part is when Slash goes back to the riff after playing the solo, I can't wait to experience that moment live!! :drool:

Recapping Adler's storied history of addiction and erratic behavior is "sarcasm"?  He wasn't considered because he can't be trusted to be the full-time drummer of a tour of this magnitude. That's not "putting him down", that's just reality. 

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

The Vegas shows were the time of my life...no doubt...but damn...it's almost like a different band is playing now...they are a fucking machine...starting with Axl n Slash....and they just feed off each other....it's incredible to see live...they are hitting on all cylinders....and if you miss them on this tour, after this point...you will regret it...I promise...this show will go down as one of the best...alongside with some other recent shows....guys....they sound fucking incredible. 

Couldn't agree more. The Las Vegas shows were good but they do not compare to what we are seeing now.

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He wasn't considered because he can't be trusted to be the full-time drummer of a tour of this magnitude. That's not "putting him down", that's just reality. 

You don't know that to be true. It could very well be that Axl insisted on keeping some of his guys.

• Like 1