07/29/16 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium

downzy

20 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I've noticed that the crowds aren't really all that good at chanting Guns N' Roses. Either only a small part of them in the periscope's hearing chants (they prefer flat out screaming) or they can't chant in rhythm.

I tried to get a chant going in my section to no avail in Toronto...young kids mostly around. I gave up. 

6 hours ago, Syk said:

Can I just say how much I truly enjoyed the "with your ass in the air" line? Experiencing that live was a FUN and unexpected moment. Really kicked the song up a notch for me!

jealous! I always sing that bit anyways

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

This song Is much more enjoyable to listen to live on this tour than It has been In a very long time.

Couldn't agree with you more on that.

To me, it just didn't sound right without Slash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GnRFL said:

Couldn't agree with you more on that.

To me, it just didn't sound right without Slash.

Definitely one of the tracks he was missed most on. Maybe even THE track he was missed most on. SCOM is one of those songs I rarely make an effort to check out since it's been fairly underwhelming live for a long time - but that was great.

It helps that Axl is sounding much better on it these days, but the guitar the biggest factor for me.

• Like 2

A couple of things I forgot to mention in my review:

KOHD is much more enjoyable in person.  When you watch videos it kind of drags on.  In person it didn't seem too long.  Part of it might be that when you get to it at the show, you know there is only one more song before the encore so you don't want the show to get closer to ending.

Axl put on such an awesome performance that it is hard to take your eyes off of him.  I was on Slash's side in the 3rd row behind the pit and I had to consciously pay attention to Slash sometimes.  Seeing him back was the reason I bought my ticket but Axl just draws your attention.

I really enjoyed the "with your ass in the air" line returning as a surprise.  Hell, if we couldn't have a surprise appearance of Steven or Izzy then at least we got something!

About the comment Axl made about the guitar change.  I thought he said "pause for a guitar change" but I guess it could have been "pesky guitar changes."  Maybe somebody has it on video.  Live it did sound a little sarcastic but who knows.  Whatever mood Axl was in, he put on a great show.  At least nothing he said involved a threat to "fucking all go home" like the 12/31/91 concert (and many others during the UYI tour).

• Like 1