07/29/16 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium

downzy

10 hours ago, Kosonen said:

Axl has seriously lost some weight lately! And thanx for that WTTJ video, its perfect. 

Not sure if he's working with a fitness instructor and dietitian but I'm sure they're available for the band...
otherwise he's just working hard...In those up close HD video (especially) You see how much sweat the man is dropping?? 

15 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Not sure if he's working with a fitness instructor and dietitian but I'm sure they're available for the band...
otherwise he's just working hard...In those up close HD video (especially) You see how much sweat the man is dropping?? 

Yeah his fitness guy's name is Duff. Lol. Whatever Duff is doing I wanna be doiing. He looks great for 52 years old.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

About the comment Axl made about the guitar change.  I thought he said "pause for a guitar change" but I guess it could have been "pesky guitar changes."  Maybe somebody has it on video.  Live it did sound a little sarcastic but who knows.  Whatever mood Axl was in, he put on a great show.  At least nothing he said involved a threat to "fucking all go home" like the 12/31/91 concert (and many others during the UYI tour).

This was during which song? and it was towards whom? Slash or Fortus?

11 minutes ago, BigD62 said:

Yeah his fitness guy's name is Duff. Lol. Whatever Duff is doing I wanna be doiing. He looks great for 52 years old.

In his How To Be A Man book, he puts down his exercise routine and I got tired just reading it. He's not lying when he said he traded one addiction (drinking and drugs) for another (working out). 

He does look great!

Edited by Mandy123
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

In his How To Be A Man book, he puts down his exercise routine and I got tired just reading it. He's not lying when he said he traded one addiction (drinking and drugs) for another (working out). 

He does look great!

Yeah if I had to stand next to this guy(Duff) every night on stage it would definitely motivate me to get in a lot better shape. Duff is a beast. Such a pro. I think he should get a lot more credit than he does.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

This was during which song? and it was towards whom? Slash or Fortus?

I honestly can't remember.  It was between songs relatively early on while the stage was dark.  Slash switched guitars from what I remember but I didn't see if Fortus did or not.

Edited by Gnrcane

3 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I honestly can't remember.  It was between songs relatively early on while the stage was dark.  Slash switched guitars from what I remember but I didn't see if Fortus did or not.

Maybe he was changing it to that green guitar for CD

30 minutes ago, BigD62 said:

Yeah if I had to stand next to this guy(Duff) every night on stage it would definitely motivate me to get in a lot better shape. Duff is a beast. Such a pro. I think he should get a lot more credit than he does.

agree! :hahafyou:

25 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Maybe he was changing it to that green guitar for CD

Yes.  I'm pretty sure that was it.  To me it sounded like Axl said "pause for a guitar change" and then "of course they're very important" or something to that effect.  The second line is what sounded a little sarcastic live.

7 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Yes.  I'm pretty sure that was it.  To me it sounded like Axl said "pause for a guitar change" and then "of course they're very important" or something to that effect.  The second line is what sounded a little sarcastic live.

Yea, that's basically what he said kinda cracking a joke during the (very short) delay. I don't think there was anything to read into. I've always gotten the impression he has a sarcastic sense of humor. 

Pubes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

"But.. But.. Coma is so boooooring... We 've heard it enough...! Time to change the playlist and add other soooongs!"

#NOT

I just want to say! AXL FUCKING ROSE!!! That was INSANE! 
Who thought he'd even ever attempt this song EVER! 

They never even played it that much back in the day...
That was an incredible vocal performance! PLZ keep it in

the sets for Europe!

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

He's kinda gone into the bit rock act thing of changing guitars almost every song now. I remember when I saw Cheap Trick, Nielsen never played the same guitar twice throughout the show.

15 hours ago, JimMorrison4 said:

We were in row 1 right behind the pit. I've been to at least 150 concerts (6th time I've seen GNR). This one was my favorite, hands down.

Just something else to share..

I went with my fiance and a mutual female friend (she'll be referred to as Liz). Liz had 2 tickets in section 143 and was supposed to go with a friend. The morning of the show, her friend cancelled. So we listed her two tickets on stubhub. They sold in 30 minutes. She took that money and bought 1 floor ticket in the same section my fiance and I were in (row 20). When we got to the gate they scanned her ticket... red X on the scanner. "Ma'am, this ticket has already been scanned." She had them try it again. Red X. They brought a supervisor over. The supervisor tried it with her scanner. Same thing. She told her, "go ahead in. I'll let it slide one time." Great news for us, but really odd they'd let someone in without a legit ticket (any attendance numbers you see for this show.. add 1.) We find our row 1 seats. Security guy asks Liz for her ticket. She said, "I'm in row 20 but I'm just hanging with them for a few." Security guy says, "You can stay up here. I got you." Once again, great news for us but odd they'd allow this. We watch the show, love every second, annoyingly scream every word, etc.

After the PC fireworks, I wanted to try something. I asked Liz for her Nightrain fan club lanyard (she wore it after she saw some people got upgraded... STILL waiting for mine to come in the mail). I said, "I'm going to walk backstage, wait here." They were both like, "Oh ok, sure. Go ahead." I put the lanyard on and start walking towards the backstage area to the right of the stage. While doing so I actually run into Chris Jericho. He was drunk. We spoke for a moment. He loved the show. Anyway, I walked right through a crowd of 15-20 security personnel with no issue. Now I'm behind the stage. Didn't see much. Mostly just forklifts carrying pieces of equipment. I started to act like I was directing them so it would look like I had some purpose for being there. Some guy was filling a cooler with water bottles that he said were for the band. I asked him for one and he threw one to me. I hung around for about 5 minutes. I could see the stadium was almost empty and I didn't want to get separated from the girls. I figured if security give this few fucks, I could get them backstage too. I come back out and asked security to move the barricade for them so they could come back with me. The guy actually started moving it! Finally one of the supervisors noticed my lanyard and said we gotta go. Had I left them out in the stadium, I could've walked all the way to the dressing area.

While this is a fun story (at least, for me, it was fun to do), all this brings up alot of serious problems. After what just happened a few weeks ago at Pulse night club in Orlando, you'd think security would be a little tighter and a little bit more on their game. They let someone in without a ticket and some random person just walk backstage. This is how bad shit can happen.

I am not at all surprised about the lax security, as I've walked into several restricted concert areas over the years.  :lol:

How did Liz buy her ticket?  If it was on StubHub, she should call them and demand a refund.  She didn't confront the person who was sitting in her seat?  I always wondered what would happen if a seller uses a downloaded ticket that they already sold.

5 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence said:

I am not at all surprised about the lax security, as I've walked into several restricted concert areas over the years.  :lol:

How did Liz buy her ticket?  If it was on StubHub, she should call them and demand a refund.  She didn't confront the person who was sitting in her seat?  I always wondered what would happen if a seller uses a downloaded ticket that they already sold.

She did buy the floor seat on Stubhub. She never actually went to her real seat. She walked up to the front row with us, security said they were aware she wasn't supposed to be there but said they didn't care lol. She did get a refund the next morning.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

She did buy the floor seat on Stubhub. She never actually went to her real seat. She walked up to the front row with us, security said they were aware she wasn't supposed to be there but said they didn't care lol. She did get a refund the next morning.

Glad it worked out for all of you and she got her money back.  Hopefully the guy who sold her that ticket gets banned from using StubHub again.  Good thing security was cool about letting her in the venue with a used ticket.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:51 PM, axlthepose said:

I see , Was it me or for the Orlando show AXL was very talkative ? Seems the Full Packed House made them very happy . 

TIL Was amazing as Was Nightrain & Coma . 

TIL is AXL solo Song , Coma is Slash's Etc ... Duff has his Punk songs , Its a very awesome  setup , As they all get to show off their own styles & influence.  Its crazy how much attention Slash gets when he is out front , Ive seen both versions of GNR UYI & NUGNR and didnt think much of slash solo projects etc .  But when he is with Guns he is the GOD he was supposed to be . No one in NUguns Era had that kind of Pull .  

Its because we were partying our asses off and jumping round and going wild unlike all the other shows.  It was so hot half the pit was shirtless. Florida people like there buzzes and Axl was feeding off that.

• 7 years later...